ASU Football Recruiting 2022-23

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't follow this stuff very closely except for this thread. What's the catalyst behind this for ASU? Is it just Dillingham being a stud recruiter, has ASU stepped up NIL game big time, something else?
In today's college recruiting world the NILs have to be a big part of it. I asked the exact same question you did in a post in this thread a week or two ago. I think nobody knows. Seems like a reporter should be doing a big story on this.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In today's college recruiting world the NILs have to be a big part of it. I asked the exact same question you did in a post in this thread a week or two ago. I think nobody knows. Seems like a reporter should be doing a big story on this.
I think the enthusiasm that Dilly has a little bit to do with that and with him being able to relate to the kids.

I know that having Carrington on board is huge as he's a great recruiter.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the enthusiasm that Dilly has a little bit to do with that and with him being able to relate to the kids.

I know that having Carrington on board is huge as he's a great recruiter.
I don't doubt that is a very big part of it.... If the money is equal. I am too much of a cynic about the state of college athletics to believe it is nothing more than love of coach or instituitions.

Imagine if the NFL had the transfer portal instead of their free agency rules.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think ASU has stepped up their NIL game. Heard an interview with the head of the Sun Angels collective and they are making string strides.

In addition, Dilly & Co seem like they could sell ice to an Eskimo so that helps.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They had that booster pledge $1m at the Dilly intro press conference. Now they gotta collect on that pledge but it seems as though people may have been waiting for Herm to leave before they made a commitment.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
They had that booster pledge $1m at the Dilly intro press conference. Now they gotta collect on that pledge but it seems as though people may have been waiting for Herm to leave before they made a commitment.
I could see that. I don't have the money to write a check like that but something like $5k might be doable if I was asked. Under Herm there's no way I'd give it, now a maybe. Personally I'd like to see Anderson and Crow gone first too.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

EDGE / LB Transfer from Oklahoma.

4/5 star guy coming out of HS. Rated as the second best edge in his class. Has had some injury issues, but lots of potential still.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13 mil (it fell apart at Florida) or not, the dude is bringing his 5 stars to Tempe for a visit this weekend.... Would be ridiculous if we added him to the QB room...

He sounds like an entitled brat, but if he leave that behind him, :bhiich:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His body frame looks exactly like JD's

Very similar to when JD was at ASU. This guy is a bit taller, but about the same weight as JD when in high school. Maybe a better passer, haven't seen any film on him running but looks pretty athletic.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The guy on the video apparently never heard of TB16, lol, but walks through the QB rooms where this guy is visiting. TCU and U of Prime seem to have the weakest rooms, better chance to play maybe, but TCU can throw the most money. This may not happen for ASU, which is fine. But ASU may be the best choice for him considering what KD did with Bo Nix....

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose