98.7 sports radio | Bidwill Press Conference

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The wide net was referenced about 5 times.

Not to mention the last two coach hires or at least the Wilks hire. I'm having deja vu on the net thing.

I do have to give him kudos for opening it up to questions. He could have made a statement then given the reporters the stiff arm. I think he knew he had to do it to show that he's willing to take his lumps.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Mike started out nervous when talking about letting people go -- I think he was sincere in his appreciation for Kingsbury's hard work and that he liked him personally.

as he got deeper into it, he was much more comfortable, even joking with the media on the "financial consequences"

It sure sounded to me like he is ready to reach outside the organization for a GM (im influenced by the Shefter (IIRC) tweet also that referenced a full org reset).

Part of me thinks he could have very easily announced one of Harris or Wilson yesterday as the new GM and started on a HC search -- but he didnt.

Curious if new NFL DEI hiring rules preclude this and we end up with an internal candidate after its all said and done. Since he is one the committee -- even if its not required, i could see Mike wanted to go through the process

we will see

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Mike started out nervous when talking about letting people go -- I think he was sincere in his appreciation for Kingsbury's hard work and that he liked him personally.

as he got deeper into it, he was much more comfortable, even joking with the media on the "financial consequences"

It sure sounded to me like he is ready to reach outside the organization for a GM (im influenced by the Shefter (IIRC) tweet also that referenced a full org reset).

Part of me thinks he could have very easily announced one of Harris or Wilson yesterday as the new GM and started on a HC search -- but he didnt.

Curious if new NFL DEI hiring rules preclude this and we end up with an internal candidate after its all said and done. Since he is one the committee -- even if its not required, i could see Mike wanted to go through the process

we will see
I would think since both Harris and AW are minority AND they both attended the Accelerator program, Mike would be totally clear if he hired either one right off the bat. You need 2 minority interviews, so that box would be checked.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would think since both Harris and AW are minority AND they both attended the Accelerator program, Mike would be totally clear if he hired either one right off the bat. You need 2 minority interviews, so that box would be checked.
Same with the VJ rumors.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No one thinks it is interesting that Bidwill wants Kyler to rehab in AZ?
Hadn’t heard that. True?

I’ve said it before, I get why the team would want insight, but I’d prefer to do it where I’m comfortable where my family could ensure I’m getting the best treatment and medical advice.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hadn’t heard that. True?

I’ve said it before, I get why the team would want insight, but I’d prefer to do it where I’m comfortable where my family could ensure I’m getting the best treatment and medical advice.
I really think it may be a one off thing, right now...If there wasn't going to be a new coach and system, Mike would probably not care where Murray rehabbed, but with so much in flux, he's probably wanting to keep an eye on his investment. Afterall, a big portion of why Mike cleaned house was because of the deteriorating relationship between Murray, Kliff and Keim.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He mentioned we were 12 & 2 “just 13 months ago,” at least 5 or 6 times. Uh, Mikey… Mr. Owner… the team you own was never 12 & 2 just 13 months ago!
Geeez… is it really too much to expect your owner to know the record of the team he owns? So pathetic…
Mikey calculating our record:
You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Is it bad KK was the hardest working person he’s ever seen and still was woefully overmatched and a terrible HC?
I don't think so. He didn't have much help at any critical spot. That doesn't absolve him of his failure but I know lots of people who spun their wheels until they found a mentor to teach them how to use their time more productively.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Is it bad KK was the hardest working person he’s ever seen and still was woefully overmatched and a terrible HC?

the hardest people to fire are those whose attitude and work ethic are great, are team players, are nice people, etc. -- but just dont have the skills to be successful in their role

thats Kliff.

the list of people who didnt make it as NFL head coaches is really long

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
the hardest people to fire are those whose attitude and work ethic are great, are team players, are nice people, etc. -- but just dont have the skills to be successful in their role

thats Kliff.

Kliff also had the worst GM in the league, who wasn't present, making every single coaching/roster decision(s).

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
More than a couple of people have told me he’s very concerned about his legacy and just being remembered as like his dad. Maybe he will go all in on Payton
This is accurate on legacy.

Being an embarrassment with Super Bowl in town also is a really tough pill to swallow. He’s always wanted to host one with his team in it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

thats Kliff.

Give two guys same task. Guy #1 takes four hours to do it, works hard, is meticulous, and completes said task. Guy #2 shows up and finishes same task better in 30 minutes.

Some people are just more naturally gifted than others. People like Kliff as a person, nice guy but just isn’t that talented of a guy

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

we will see

what actually surprised me was.... while not saying it directly Mike made it pretty clear he has standards, and kliff and keim were not meeting them. I sensed an undertone that he was really pissed this didnt work. He wants to win and he seems perfectly willing to sign the checks to get that done.