It's a torn meniscus in his right knee for Cam Johnson

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 to 8 to 12 to 14 weeks?

I don't blame the Suns for erring on the side of caution with all the injuries they have.

Indications are Cam Johnson is doing well, but they have been slow to push him back into contact drills. It's a wise decision IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets put those picks to use.
If they are confident that CP3 is not simply past his sell-by date, then sure, use picks and Crowder/Saric to add win now talent to this team. But if CP3 doesn't have some fixable ailment that time will heal, it's time to look solely to the future. IOW, making trades is fine but don't do it in a futile effort to make us more competitive in the short run.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If they are confident that CP3 is not simply past his sell-by date, then sure, use picks and Crowder/Saric to add win now talent to this team. But if CP3 doesn't have some fixable ailment that time will heal, it's time to look solely to the future. IOW, making trades is fine but don't do it in a futile effort to make us more competitive in the short run.
I get that! That may be why there's no trade so far. Why trade Crowder for another Crowder level piece? Why not try in bring in a longer term higher level player? That deal will take more time and assets. I don't think JJ just wants to rearrange the deck chairs with more deck chairs. I think he's holding out for a Lazy Boy recliner!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No one here would be able to spell his name unless we took to calling him VW. Or Beetle, or maybe Bug.
I REALLY wanted Tacko Fall! I can just see the promotional tie ins here in Phoenix! LOL!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anybody else notice that Cam seemed to put on some muscle during his rehab? Looked a little beefy in a good way and will probably help him at the PF position.
I swear he gets bigger and better every time he comes back from a break or offseason. Even that short Covid break.
He's a highly intelligent young man that is putting the work in and it shows.
Teams need guys like Cam J and I swear here and now, if we trade him for something stupid, I will start cheering for Wardell and the boys.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I swear he gets bigger and better every time he comes back from a break or offseason. Even that short Covid break.
He's a highly intelligent young man that is putting the work in and it shows.
Teams need guys like Cam J and I swear here and now, if we trade him for something stupid, I will start cheering for Wardell and the boys.
On one of the pregame shows he talked about how him and Bridges worked with Suns conditioning people to lift all last off season. They both wanted to put on muscle without getting too heavy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Next year Cam Johnson at SF, Bridges at SG and Point Book.

If Bridges can get some handles but highly unlikely at this point since he’s older. That’s a nice big team. Add a long athletic PF the championship

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, they are not. Not for a two guard.
It’s mind-boggling to me that people can watch the last twenty games and somehow think that a Book/Bridges backcourt with absolutely ZERO elite ball handlers and only one shot creator is the way forward.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last week he had no handles at all. This week its for a two guard. Bridges just sucks this time next week. You bring in a PF that is a creator

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Last week he had no handles at all. This week its for a two guard. Bridges just sucks this time next week. You bring in a PF that is a creator
Dude he’s not a good ballhandler. That becomes accentuated at the two. No one is moving the goalposts.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next year Cam Johnson at SF, Bridges at SG and Point Book.
He could, no and hell no.

I do believe Cam J is a SF and not a true PF IMO. I think the Suns need a true PF to help complete the roster. That puts the Suns in a tight spot with what do with Cam J since Bridges is our SF. You either need to continue to bring Cam J off the bench or commit to him as your long term PF. I don’t think you can when your starting center can be a shrinking violet around the rim at times. That makes for a really thin FC IMO.

Bridges is no SG. Never will be.

We have seen PG Book. He is good for stints but not full time. It’s no coincidence that Book’s game has elevated when we got CP3. It takes a ton of pressure off Book and he is not the one pressured to score and distribute the ball both. He needs a real PG to play next to IMO.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Book at 2, Bridges at 3, and Cam at 4 works. Earlier in the first 6 games, analytics had the Suns starting 5 as the best in the NBA. What is keeping us from being elite is the play at 1 and 5. We have both CP3 and Ayton playing like they did in the playoffs two seasons ago, and our starting five is tough. The problem is both guys play has been inconsistent at best. Starting to wonder if we will ever see those versions of those two, especially at the same time, ever again. Just my uneducated opinion, but it seems CP3's training has been a bit lax. He looks puffy physically. Ayton seems disinterested most the time now. His best game recently was when the new owner was in the building. I am not sure that motivates him long term.