Booker Out 4 weeks.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker Out for 4 weeks, possibly longer, will be reevaluated at 4 weeks.

Suns fans, Arizona fans in general, we can’t have nothin…..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeez az is cursed team inj wise

Hoping for a full recovery and that suns keep decent record during recovery process

420 hit to a smooth book return :(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if nothing else, this should give Bridges ample time to finally adjust his game and be that dependable 20 ppg scorer people keep assuring me he is absolutely is capable of being, despite ALL evidence to the contrary.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeebus. Groin or Hamstring injuries can just be repetitive beasts in an athlete's career. Especially, with a player like Booker. I wonder if this is related to his Hamstrings? He has had 7 hamstring injuries in his career and now the groin. YIKES!

Now this turns into a game of how much of the fall can we prevent in the standings while Book is out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly… if Monty was smart, this month would be all about force feeding Ayton and developing the guy who actually has the skills needed to be a legit 20 ppg scorer.

This sucks about Booker though. Makes me fear he goes the way of KJ even more considering Book has consistently had soft tissue issues so early in his career, whereas they didn’t actually start tearing their ugly head for KJ until right about this time in Booker’s career.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if nothing else, this should give Bridges ample time to finally adjust his game and be that dependable 20 ppg scorer people keep assuring me he is absolutely is capable of being, despite ALL evidence to the contrary.
He is average 15.5 PPG. You think him averaging 4.5 more per game is going to solve anything?!?! I think he is just fine where he is at IF he is playing his usual defense. The fact he hasn't been is what is really hurting the team. 15.5 PPG is just fine IMO. We need a rebounding, scoring PF more than we need Bridges to score 4.5 more. We need Ayton to be more consistent more than we need Bridges to score 4.5 more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is average 15.5 PPG. You think him averaging 4.5 more per game is going to solve anything?!?! I think he is just fine where he is at IF he is playing his usual defense. The fact he hasn't been is what is really hurting the team. 15.5 PPG is just fine IMO. We need a rebounding, scoring PF more than we need Bridges to score 4.5 more.
Way to miss the point entirely.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now it's all about the Suns hanging tough while everyone gets healthy.

It doesn't help the Suns have two roster spots not being used.

Hopefully this strengthens the bench.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Umm, well on the bright side it is going to push other guys to get more comfortable being primary scoring options. I just hope we are still in playoff position by the time he comes back.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mikal will play SG and Suns will play bigger for now. Shamet, Pain and Johnson should be back soon. Ride Washingtons hot hand for four weeks. Three point shooting can keep you in the game and that's what James Jones did when he took over as GM got us shooters. God this bench plays better then the Suns starters five years ago.
Offcourse you live and die by the three............

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Best case some of the fringe guys show up and we’re ok. Worst case we drop to the 6/7 seed?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Whoever "cleared" Booker to play on Christmas day... I am displeased with your job performance.
Booker felt good enough to cap off a 58-point performance in the game he injured his groin. Maybe he thought he was fine based on his inexperience with groin issues. If Book is telling them he’s fine it’s hard to criticize them. Is there any outrage if he re-injures it on the 27th instead of 25th?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker felt good enough to cap off a 58-point performance in the game he injured his groin. Maybe he thought he was fine based on his inexperience with groin issues. If Book is telling them he’s fine it’s hard to criticize them. Is there any outrage if he re-injures it on the 27th instead of 25th?
He's out for 2 games, comes back for 2 games scoring 58 in one of them and then is back out with the groin injury for 3 more games before the Christmas miracle that put him in the Denver game. He's always talked about winning, postseason play and playing on Christmas. Knowing the kind of competitor he is, had I been the decision maker I would have been very reluctant to put him out there.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, if a player returned before they were ready to return and immediately gets hurt it is a failure by the training staff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes him a threat opposing teams need to gameplan for.
And means he’s probably a good enough creator that he’s opening up opportunities for others.

The 20 ppg thing is just an arbitrary number some have thrown up here claiming Bridges has the potential to score regularly.

But the discussion has always really been about the fact that he won’t ever be that guy until he works hard enough on his handles and ability to create in the off-season to do so.

Which sucks because he’s not young at this point. These last couple years SHOULD be the years a player makes quantum leaps in terms of their skills, if they actually possess them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if a player returned before they were ready to return and immediately gets hurt it is a failure by the training staff.
It’s also a failure to on the coach to play a guy coming off soft tissue issues 42 minutes in his first game back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose