Movies and Entertainment Twitter Thread

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Awesome. My son and I finished the Sopranos earlier this year. Still holds up well. It was only my 2nd time through the last few seasons, so I had forgotten a lot of the details. What a ride!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the dangerous quote from Cameron. There is no science behind his claim.

You must be registered for see images attach
Dangerous? Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not.

Are there people looking to Cameron for science based theory… or just science fiction badassery? I know I only care about him giving me the latter and could not give a flying frack about anything else he says.

Part of me hopes he stuffs it in all the doubters faces again… mostly because that means he probably pulled off some crazy silver screen ish again and I love the movies more than anything outside of football as far as entertainment goes.

But I’d be lying if I also didn’t kinda want to see what it looks like for him fall on his face with all the bluster he’s blowing around. Dude’s got an ego the size of Uranus.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the dangerous quote from Cameron. There is no science behind his claim.

I took that as a metaphor for manly man culture not that he was making a scientific statement.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took that as a metaphor for manly man culture not that he was making a scientific statement.
Also wrong, since testosterone is not just a manly man thing and is equally important to women as it is to men. It is neither a poison nor a toxin as he described it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dangerous? Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not.

Are there people looking to Cameron for science based theory… or just science fiction badassery? I know I only care about him giving me the latter and could not give a flying frack about anything else he says.

Part of me hopes he stuffs it in all the doubters faces again… mostly because that means he probably pulled off some crazy silver screen ish again and I love the movies more than anything outside of football as far as entertainment goes.

But I’d be lying if I also didn’t kinda want to see what it looks like for him fall on his face with all the bluster he’s blowing around. Dude’s got an ego the size of Uranus.
I do think it's dangerous to make uninformed claims that are factually false. Testosterone is so important for living a healthy life in both males and females. If you have an audience like he does, you can't say anything you want. It's like Kevin Sorbo making claims about masks and covid.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also wrong, since testosterone is not just a manly man thing and is equally important to women as it is to men. It is neither a poison nor a toxin as he described it.

Thanks Brian!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AGAIN...he was referring to his own manly man persona when he was younger. AGAIN, I didn't take it for a scientific statement for a second. You shouldn't have taken mine that way explaining he was using it as a metaphor either. I made no such statement about testosterone in either sex and he wasn't making a scientific statement either.

Everybody on the internet is looking to pounce or find a gotcha moment. Come talk to me when someone asks him science questions.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
AGAIN...he was referring to his own manly man persona when he was younger. AGAIN, I didn't take it for a scientific statement for a second. You shouldn't have taken mine that way explaining he was using it as a metaphor. I made no such statement about testosterone in either sex.
Yeah, I don't know how it blew up in such fashion. It seemed pretty tame honestly.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, if James wants to be a low-T kinda guy, more power (actually less power) to him. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think it's dangerous to make uninformed claims that are factually false. Testosterone is so important for living a healthy life in both males and females. If you have an audience like he does, you can't say anything you want. It's like Kevin Sorbo making claims about masks and covid.
Man… that’s a terrible comparison. it’s nothing like Sorbo saying that. People aren’t going to run out and… destestosterone themselves. And if they’re dumb enough to do that, it has no effect on anyone else but their own ******* selves, as opposed to spreading misinformation about Covid which could kill people other than yourself.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AGAIN...he was referring to his own manly man persona when he was younger. AGAIN, I didn't take it for a scientific statement for a second. You shouldn't have taken mine that way explaining he was using it as a metaphor either. I made no such statement about testosterone in either sex and he wasn't making a scientific statement either.

Everybody on the internet is looking to pounce or find a gotcha moment. Come talk to me when someone asks him science questions.
I doubt much of anyone took that as a scientific statement. It’s pretty clear when you read the interview what he’s talking about.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose