Looks Like Garoppolo is Out for the Season

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lambs should let the Niners have him. He's terrible.
I dunno. He made the playoffs surrounded by superior talent and won a game two years ago with the Browns. He could be the next Jimmy G and do the same thing for the 49ers and get a head start right now.

I thought Baker got traded later than 7/6; I don't think he stinks, but I do think he's just okay.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought Purdy played pretty well yesterday. Especially being dropped into a bog game against a good team.
He played well, but it probably won’t last. I mean has there ever been a guy drafted extremely late in the draft who filled in for an injured starter, went on to set countless passing records, win seven Super Bowls with two teams, marry a supermodel and play until he’s like 45? Oh wait…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dunno. He made the playoffs surrounded by superior talent and won a game two years ago with the Browns. He could be the next Jimmy G and do the same thing for the 49ers and get a head start right now.

I thought Baker got traded later than 7/6; I don't think he stinks, but I do think he's just okay.

He killed DJ Moore's production. If your any good you don't make your best WR worst.

I used to like Baker. I was a fan of his coming out,but he's got worse every year.

Granted he might fit that YAC offense considering his YPA is one of the worst in the league but if he can't learn the Panthers offense very well in 3 months (which I assume you're alluding to) how's he going to pick up the 49ers in season?

I reckon CMC is telling them to stay away.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
literally was looking at a report Saturday saying Jimmy and the 49ers were open to him returning next year....

and now this.

So, if you were John Lynch:

Do you bring Jimmy back, even though he doesn't finish seasons and it will likely cost you $25mm + after spending 3 first round picks on Trey Lance

or,

is it Trey Lance time in 2023, even though he hasn't lasted more than a few games before being hurt and has played only 5 full games of football since 2019.

Plan C? Aaron Rodgers?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Wow! Baker Mayfield was cut today, and I just heard the 49ers are putting in a claim!
Considering they are down to one QB, they need a warm body just to throw out there if Purdy get injured. I would imagine the picking are slim to none out there right now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Considering they are down to one QB, they need a warm body just to throw out there if Purdy get injured. I would imagine the picking are slim to none out there right now.
I believe they're signing Josh Johnson.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Disagree. With a weak coaching staff, injuries DO matter. Shanahan & his staff are VERY good & he certainly has had a TON of injuries to overcome over the years.
And they haven't won crap. Are you beating your chest and remembering with pride the double digit winning seasons here the last ten years? Nope, probably calling your team a bunch of losers.

1995 last SF championship.

We all have to deal with injuries, and no team decimated with injuries is winning anything even with good coaching. See Arians' last two years here. Championship caliber teams pushed off the shelf with injuries - he had to coach his ass off just to get to .500.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And they haven't won crap. Are you beating your chest and remembering with pride the double digit winning seasons here the last ten years? Nope, probably calling your team a bunch of losers.

We all have to deal with injuries, and no team decimated with injuries is winning anything even with good coaching. See Arians' last two years here. Championship caliber teams pushed off the shelf with injuries - he had to coach his ass off just to get to .500.
I think it does matter when the injuries are concentrated in one area like the OL, because they have to work as a team and our OL has had a ton of new lineups with lesser and lesser talent with their positions coach getting the boot

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

They won the NFC three years ago, bruh.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. ASFN Drs will say McCaffrey is not that helpful because he is always injured...
He has missed 24 games in the last 3 seasons, or an average of 8 games missed these last 3 seasons. I will say that SF isn't putting him out there 100% of the time, so hopefully, a managed workload will keep him healthy. When healthy, he's top 3 in the league.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THe CMC situation looks prescient now. Remember one of the criticisms when they made the deal was they were about to get Mitchell back so why get another RB. Mitchell played 2 games and is hurt again with a torn MCL out 6-8 weeks. Great talent but hurt often too.

So getting CMC gave them a cushion, then you lose Jimmy G and now you're REALLY glad you got CMC to help run the ball and throw short passes.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He has missed 24 games in the last 3 seasons, or an average of 8 games missed these last 3 seasons. I will say that SF isn't putting him out there 100% of the time, so hopefully, a managed workload will keep him healthy. When healthy, he's top 3 in the league.
You can make this argument with so many RBs. The overarching point is that RBs take a beating and can get seriously injured at any time. It is not predictable when it is going to happen only that it will likely happen. Best thing you can do is get a special one, run him into the ground and try to not get stuck holding a ton of dead money when he does break down.

If you want an example of how teams mismanage this, just look at Denver and Javonte Williams. What good did saving him for the end of the season do? Henry got injured last year and is fine this year. Barkley same.

If it is not degenerative or concussion related you are kidding yourself if you think you can predict it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can make this argument with so many RBs. The overarching point is that RBs take a beating and can get seriously injured at any time. It is not predictable when it is going to happen only that it will likely happen. Best thing you can do is get a special one, run him into the ground and try to not get stuck holding a ton of dead money when he does break down.

If you want an example of how teams mismanage this, just look at Denver and Javonte Williams. What good did saving him for the end of the season do? Henry got injured last year and is fine this year. Barkley same.

If it is not degenerative or concussion related you are kidding yourself if you think you can predict it.
Sure, some of his injuries are due to hit and some are not. It's about 50/50 with him. He missed 4 games for a strained glute.

He's had a hip strain, thigh strain, hamstring strain, along with the glute. He's also had two high ankle sprains and an AC joint issue. Some of those injuries are very Rondale Mooreesk!

And according to this site, McCaffery is slightly more injury prone than Moore.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

has me curious to see what the Raiders do with JJ...
dude is a beast...pretty much put to rest all the talk of being over drafted... but if I were the Raiders,...5th year, franchise,...see ya...
but so many of the fans are riding the "pay the man" train...as if it is somehow a feather in their cap to have the highest paid RB in the league.

I dunno... the kid is averaging 4.5 a carry and 10 TD's a season...and has only missed 5 games in almost 4 seasons... if I were a GM I might be comfortable paying him 10mil per... but as with any risky player,...It sure would be nice to get a chunk of his guarantees in roster bonuses

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose