Sean Kugler Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Don’t know how many of you travel abroad regularly for work, but sometimes behavior like this is premeditated….

At least I have come to that conclusion in my line of work.

Several years ago I was embarked on a ship that was doing a tour of South and Central America. It was a ship with a lot of new technology so we had original equipment manufacturer “tech assist” riders onboard.

Typically when we go overseas we have a buddy system when you leave the ship - to protect our sailors…. and often it is to protect them from themselves. The sailors are normally kept in check via peer pressure and the acute understanding that if you screw up, your career is over. The contractors…. Not so much….

At our 2nd port visit outside of the US (the first was Cuba… so nothing was going to happen there) one of these techs apparently chased one of his fantasies. He left the ship with a buddy, ditched the buddy at a bar, and fulfilled an asphyxiation fantasy with an underaged male prostitute. The prostitute became fearful for his life while engaged in various acts and notified the police.

When faced with “what do I do?” after getting the call from the local law enforcement and the embassy, my only options were to put this person’s personal items in a box, deliver it to the embassy and do an all hands with everyone else ensuring it didn’t happen again.

There is nothing on my ship that could have prevented this… short of restricting “liberty call.” We had a solid culture. We had adequate training and processes in place to mitigate bad behaviors (buddy system, restricted areas in the city, curfew, etc), but sometime people will do what they will do.
when I was on the boat we looked forward to the red light list. seemed they only made up the redlight district because thats where all the zeros went and they didnt want us fraternizing.
but the bright side was, if they saw you there they couldnt say anything.
never understood why anyone would do illegal **** when anything you wanted to try or see was available for a couple bucks ,,, but if you really wanted to get your freak on your best bet was to stay where the american tourists were.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A female member of the security team.

How effing stupid can you be.

If I was creepy enough to grope a lady I hope I would be sensible enough for it not to be one so obviously trained in some form of self defense.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If I was creepy enough to grope a lady I hope I would be sensible enough for it not to be one so obviously trained in some form of self defense.
I was thinking more a female who knows exactly how to articulate herself.

I’ve worked alongside many many females in my hero line of work, and have yet to meet one who could physically out perform me. It hasn’t even been close.

But many of them do know how to f someone’s life up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I’ve worked alongside many many females in my hero line of work, and have yet to meet one who could physically out perform me. It hasn’t even been close.

Wow, misogyny much? Talk about toxic masculinity.

Stout

Reaction score

How is that toxic masculinity?

#1: The braggadocio. Whether you've known it or not, there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of women that can physically outperform you. But sure, I'm going to believe you're Hercules, better than all the women, and "it's not even close." lol

#2: Right after the braggadocio comes the shot at women: "But many of them do know how to f someone's life up." That cannot be more misogynistic. That is straight-up BS. Sure, women f up people's lives, but no more than men f up womens'.

Let me summarize the subtext here: "I'm the baddest man around, no woman can hold a candle to me, but women cause a lot of trouble to men!"

Misogynistic and toxic. As I teach in my self-advocacy group, you (as in anyone) have the absolute right to say (or post) whatever you want. And you (as in anyone) have the absolute right to be called on your BS. You posted BS, so I called you on it. Be a real man--own up to it :thumbup:

Okay, I'll take off my social worker advocacy hat off now and go celebrate the U.S win :D

Stout

Reaction score

It’s the truth.

Damn you guys are so politically sensitive here.
Also, when confronted on anything, the fall back is that the other person is too sensitive. Classic stuff. It means you can say (post) whatever you want and never, ever be wrong. Which is, ya know, wrong.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

#1: The braggadocio. Whether you've known it or not, there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of women that can physically outperform you. But sure, I'm going to believe you're Hercules, better than all the women, and "it's not even close." lol

#2: Right after the braggadocio comes the shot at women: "But many of them do know how to f someone's life up." That cannot be more misogynistic. That is straight-up BS. Sure, women f up people's lives, but no more than men f up womens'.

Let me summarize the subtext here: "I'm the baddest man around, no woman can hold a candle to me, but women cause a lot of trouble to men!"

Misogynistic and toxic. As I teach in my self-advocacy group, you (as in anyone) have the absolute right to say (or post) whatever you want. And you (as in anyone) have the absolute right to be called on your BS. You posted BS, so I called you on it. Be a real man--own up to it :thumbup:

Okay, I'll take off my social worker advocacy hat off now and go celebrate the U.S win :D
straight bull ****.

as a mean average, males are physically superior to females. Fact. plain and simple.
add in some genetics, and a lifetime of dedicated work to improve on ones physical abilities...and it remains a fact.

that in no way implies that there are not some totally badass females in the world...I have known a few.
trust the science.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
straight bull ****.

as a mean average, males are physically superior to females. Fact. plain and simple.
add in some genetics, and a lifetime of dedicated work to improve on ones physical abilities...and it remains a fact.

that in no way implies that there are not some totally badass females in the world...I have known a few.
trust the science.
Well said!!!

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

USSOC, the SMU’s, the entire DOD, and the intelligence community would love to know where these numbers are, because to date, not a single one has proved even close to capable.

Perhaps you should contact them, let them know your social work credentials, and how you know better than some toxic masculine SOF community guy whom you assert is just talking out his ass.

Projection…

Reactions: urs
OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USSOC, the SMU’s, the entire DOD, and the intelligence community would love to know where these numbers are, because to date, not a single one has proved even close to capable.

Perhaps you should contact them, let them know your social work credentials, and how you know better than some toxic masculine SOF community guy whom you assert is just talking out his ass.

Projection…

I'd put money that Dani here is stronger than you, me and pretty all the regulars here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And before anyone tried to insult her, she cleans up just fine.

You must be registered for see images attach

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I'd put money that Dani here is stronger than you, me and pretty all the regulars here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And before anyone tried to insult her, she cleans up just fine.

You must be registered for see images attach
It’s not about how much weight you can lift. I’ve put many workout warriors to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.