2022 World Cup Thread

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'd give us a punchers chance! Will be good for our young guys to get some experience in this environment, and then Marsch can take over.

I don’t think Marsch will be coach in 2026. The US doesn’t have to qualify for the next WC so unless the team has a meltdown in Gold Cup or Nations League they will keep Berhalter around for 2026.

Bradley lost his job after getting throttled by Mexico in the Gold Cup final, Klinsmann lost his job after struggling in qualifying.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed Sargent didn't break his ankle that was freaky his full weight on top of the ball while running.
I thought he had a hyperextended knee before I saw him holding his ankle.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Marsch will be coach in 2026. The US doesn’t have to qualify for the next WC so unless the team has a meltdown in Gold Cup or Nations League they will keep Berhalter around for 2026.

Bradley lost his job after getting throttled by Mexico in the Gold Cup final, Klinsmann lost his job after struggling in qualifying.
That is a very good point. So 3 teams get automatic berths next WC? Does that mean only one team will get a chance to advance out of CONCACAF?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a very good point. So 3 teams get automatic berths next WC? Does that mean only one team will get a chance to advance out of CONCACAF?
Remember, it is expanding to 48 teams

The United Bid personnel anticipated that all three host countries would be awarded automatic berths.[32] Eventually, on August 31, 2022, during a visit to Guatemala, FIFA President Gianni Infantino confirmed six CONCACAF teams will qualify for the World Cup, including Canada, Mexico and the United States as hosts.[33][34] The FIFA Council is expected to approve all three hosts' automatic qualifications for the tournament

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember, it is expanding to 48 teams

The United Bid personnel anticipated that all three host countries would be awarded automatic berths.[32] Eventually, on August 31, 2022, during a visit to Guatemala, FIFA President Gianni Infantino confirmed six CONCACAF teams will qualify for the World Cup, including Canada, Mexico and the United States as hosts.[33][34] The FIFA Council is expected to approve all three hosts' automatic qualifications for the tournament
I thought that was 2026.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
With the automatic bid this next cycle and expanded field, unless Concacaf is updated or something shifts there shouldn't be much qualifying drama

Are there any current managers of national teams that are with clubs as manager? Let alone in the big leagues?

I think Marsch wants to prove himself in Europe and he'll make 2-3x more per year there. If successful, that spread will only increase. Would need him to flame out of England and land with a mid table team in one of the less monied leagues for the financials to start to make sense

I think we could be stuck with Gregg for a while and I'm not sure who else could step in

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
With the automatic bid this next cycle and expanded field, unless Concacaf is updated or something shifts there shouldn't be much qualifying drama

Are there any current managers of national teams that are with clubs as manager? Let alone in the big leagues?

I think Marsch wants to prove himself in Europe and he'll make 2-3x more per year there. If successful, that spread will only increase. Would need him to flame out of England and land with a mid table team in one of the less monied leagues for the financials to start to make sense

I think we could be stuck with Gregg for a while and I'm not sure who else could step in
Except major managers seem to like the challenge sometimes.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I missed a lot of the match, I saw the goal and am gutted for Pulisic. I can't see him being able to play vs. The Netherlands especially if he had to go to the hospital. The Netherlands are a good matchup, but hard to imagine this team can win much more without their best goal scoring threat.

I thought the weah offsides call was tight and I don't know why VAR didn't look at it? I thought I heard them say something about technology proves he was offside? It was a great finish by him though even if it didn't count. He should of had a goal before that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson