2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I feel like skiing at all the lakes in LA before taking a trip up north to listen to Jazz music in Utah. I don't know if there are any Wizards in Washington DC but I do know there were plenty of Bullets flying and they changed away from that name. Anyway, if you know the background, Jazz makes sense, Lakers makes sense and the Gorilla in Phoenix makes sense. If you don't? Well, then you end up with someone like Odom making an understandable but unfounded claim.
I have been in Mormon country, and let me tell you, Jazz needs to be changed!!!!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been in Mormon country, and let me tell you, Jazz needs to be changed!!!!!
Names need to stay with the cities that inspired them. Minny needs to become the Lakers, NO needs to be the Jazz. Utah can be the . . . oh, I don't know . . . the Elders or something. Imagine if the Suns got moved to Seattle. Phoenix should be able to retain the name and call Seattle the Sonics.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got so drunk at a nice Salt Lake City hotel that I spent the night on the restroom floor with my butt hanging out and my head hanging into the toilet. And I'm pretty sure they were piping jazz music into the public restrooms that night. That was in the late 80's, also known as the night I finally gave up alcohol.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Crap I didn’t go back to edit. It was suppose to be a joke about how he can’t throw cheap shots at us but then I realize he would be that guy to pick fights with his teammates at practice.
Trade for him for cash considerations and then tell him he can stay home.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Karl-Anthony Towns will be back in a few weeks after experiencing a right calf strain.

No structural damage reported. A January return is the expectation.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Klay bricks the 3
Warriors vs Mavericks is a horrible watch. I hate every player on the floor

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't stand Luka but man is he good. The Warriors had completely taken the game over and had all the momentum, he came in and Dallas immediately flipped it and took the game.

Klay sucked but another great game from Kuminga he's figuring things out. Really weird game the refs clearly decided they were going to call travels, called a ton of them both ways but the players never adjusted. Too bad I don't know why Steph was going for a 3 on that one he walked on they were only down 2 and he lifted Kleba he should have just attacked the basket.

Apparently Josh Green can now shoot, he was terrific

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Can't stand Luka but man is he good. The Warriors had completely taken the game over and had all the momentum, he came in and Dallas immediately flipped it and took the game.

Klay sucked but another great game from Kuminga he's figuring things out. Really weird game the refs clearly decided they were going to call travels, called a ton of them both ways but the players never adjusted. Too bad I don't know why Steph was going for a 3 on that one he walked on they were only down 2 and he lifted Kleba he should have just attacked the basket.

Apparently Josh Green can now shoot, he was terrific
My only complaint with that game is that only one team lost.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was quick.

I am still so confused by them signing him. Part of the reason they beat us is because they exploited McGee on both ends of the court and rendered him unplayable in the series, they basically ignored him on pick and rolls and forced him outside when defending. They turn around and toss him a 3 year deal? Baffling.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
McGee isn’t even in the Mavs rotation.
They wanted him as a starter. With his Asthma he's good for about 10 min total then the falloff comes.
Like when we tried to bump his mins up in the playoffs and he vanished.
Good on him for getting his bag AND good on the Suns for not being the ones to give it to him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose