2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, if you could choose who gets the #1 pick in the 2023 NBA draft, to whom would you give it? Of course, it has to be a presently projected lottery team.

My choice: the Detroit Pistons--they have not had a #1 pick as far as I know.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would give it to the Pacers. They have never had the number 1 pick and they are in the East.

The Pistons drafted Cade Cunningham #1 in 2021.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I know the story. There's a whole documentary on it. I was just joking! My kids went to a High School and their mascot was the Tigers. I never saw Tigers in that county either.
I feel like skiing at all the lakes in LA before taking a trip up north to listen to Jazz music in Utah. I don't know if there are any Wizards in Washington DC but I do know there were plenty of Bullets flying and they changed away from that name. Anyway, if you know the background, Jazz makes sense, Lakers makes sense and the Gorilla in Phoenix makes sense. If you don't? Well, then you end up with someone like Odom making an understandable but unfounded claim.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I know the story. There's a whole documentary on it. I was just joking! My kids went to a High School and their mascot was the Tigers. I never saw Tigers in that county either.

Got the name or a link to that documentary? I remember meeting the Gorilla when I was a kid and probably heard the story of how it came to be before but totally drew a blank when I saw the Odom stuff.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavericks plan to sign Kemba Walker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavericks plan to sign Kemba Walker.

Probably signing him with visions of John Wall dancing through their minds. Clippers appear to have pulled the inside straight with the bounce back play of a chronically injured former star, can't blame the Mavericks for hoping to duplicate that success.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably signing him with visions of John Wall dancing through their minds. Clippers appear to have pulled the inside straight with the bounce back play of a chronically injured former star, can't blame the Mavericks for hoping to duplicate that success.

The way the Mavericks have been playing, there is not much downside. They are still missing Jalen Brunson.

Kemba Walker should at least provide some offense compared to Facundo Campazzo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Karl-Anthony Towns has reportedly suffered a right calf strain.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would not be remotely surprised if they play better while he is out.

No I wouldn't be surprised if the Wolves played better without Towns. One less big man to clog the lane and the defense gets better.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Karl-Anthony Towns has reportedly suffered a right calf strain.

I just saw the replay... looks like it might be waaaaay worse than a calf strain. That had all the hallmarks of an achillies injury. Non contact, he looked back behind him when it happened as though he thought something had hit his leg, then experienced severe pain.

Not good.

Even if the MRI says it's a strain, they should rest him for a while. Durant sat for over a month when his was labeled a "strain" then tore it fully within minutes of his return.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw the replay... looks like it might be waaaaay worse than a calf strain. That had all the hallmarks of an achillies injury. Non contact, he looked back behind him when it happened as though he thought something had hit his leg, then experienced severe pain.

Not good.

Even if the MRI says it's a strain, they should rest him for a while. Durant sat for over a month when his was labeled a "strain" then tore it fully within minutes of his return.

We shall see. I don't think the Wolves will stumble this far but the Jazz own the Wolves 2023 first round pick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pacers come back from down 17 in the 4th to beat the Lakers

Awe hate to see it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose