Waiting to trade Crowder

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill wait for them to actually make a trade before being pissed off about it. I don't expect the return we get for Jae to make any difference at all.
No team is trading any player that's worth a damn at this point in the season. Just wait till Jan deadline for more options.

I'm waiting for teams to swap players to fill needs, dump unwanted higher salaried players for expiring contracts and tank for a better draft pick.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Ill wait for them to actually make a trade before being pissed off about it. I don't expect the return we get for Jae to make any difference at all.
No team is trading any player that's worth a damn at this point in the season. Just wait till Jan deadline for more options.
That's not how we do it as irrational fans, Muggz. Get with the program!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wonder if there is a deal in place that also includes Landale. It would make sense out of Landale getting DNP's right now. All speculation of course.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the logic but I'm more concerned about what the Suns get in return than where he is traded.
The return they get won't matter if you end up trading with a team that gives them Crowder and it turns out to be a difference maker head to head.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ship his ass to Toronto.

I wanted Achiuwa in the draft pretty bad. He looked like a stud and has turned into a solid role player. When Miami picked him I knew the Suns screwed up and missed out because Miami hits on their picks virtually every year. He ended up being a key piece to the Lowry trade as well, which also shows his value. I doubt Toronto flips him for Jae. They aren't a true competitor this year and that's the sort of team that will offer up the most for Crowder.

I think the delay in a trade has to do with Jones. He wants someone who can play and I get that but the teams willing to offer the most don't want to part with rotation players. We could probably have received youth and or a pick by now but Jones doesn't want that. He's sitting back and making the suitor find a third team willing to give up someone for that pick or youngster and while I get that, his job should be to find the team willing to do that because there's a chance the other 2 teams do business without us since they both have items they're willing to part with.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wanted Achiuwa in the draft pretty bad. He looked like a stud and has turned into a solid role player. When Miami picked him I knew the Suns screwed up and missed out because Miami hits on their picks virtually every year. He ended up being a key piece to the Lowry trade as well, which also shows his value. I doubt Toronto flips him for Jae. They aren't a true competitor this year and that's the sort of team that will offer up the most for Crowder.

I think the delay in a trade has to do with Jones. He wants someone who can play and I get that but the teams willing to offer the most don't want to part with rotation players. We could probably have received youth and or a pick by now but Jones doesn't want that. He's sitting back and making the suitor find a third team willing to give up someone for that pick or youngster and while I get that, his job should be to find the team willing to do that because there's a chance the other 2 teams do business without us since they both have items they're willing to part with.
We do have some draft picks to sweeten the pot. JJ doesn't know how to use them anyway.
Jae, Dario, Shamet and picks or any combo of that could possibly bring a good roleplayer but my hopes are not high.
I liked Achiuwa too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do have some draft picks to sweeten the pot. JJ doesn't know how to use them anyway.
Jae, Dario, Shamet and picks or any combo of that could possibly bring a good roleplayer but my hopes are not high.
I liked Achiuwa too.
The problem is, even if we offer them with no lottery protection our draft picks aren't very valuable. And players we can't really rely on aren't likely to bring much back either even if you combine them.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem is, even if we offer them with no lottery protection our draft picks aren't very valuable. And players we can't really rely on aren't likely to bring much back either even if you combine them.
Hey! I can dream.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Any comments on the rumors of GS wanting to add Crowder? Although difficult to give a competitor Crowder, the Suns aren't getting anything out of him anyway. I would be willing to swap him for Kuminga plus whatever is needed to make the deal.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any comments on the rumors of GS wanting to add Crowder? Although difficult to give a competitor Crowder, the Suns aren't getting anything out of him anyway. I would be willing to swap him for Kuminga plus whatever is needed to make the deal.
You don't do a deal that gives the defending champs life. I don't mind trading within the conference or division if we are not contending, but not with a team we could meet in the playoffs.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder isn't worth the half pack of smokes i mentioned earlier, i'd say about as much as a poopy flavored lollipop right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s Conley got left on his contract

Two years at about $46 million, although not all of his second year salary is guaranteed.

So the Suns would have to trade about $20 million in salary to get there.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two years at about $46 million, although not all of his second year salary is guaranteed.

So the Suns would have to trade about $20 million in salary to get there.
Crowder and Saric would do it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowder and Saric would do it.

I'm not sure if the Suns want to do it, though. It's that extra year of substantially guaranteed salary.

If the Jazz did it, they wouldn't want to keep Crowder, so it would have to be a multi-team trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are gonna want picks. Idk about trading picks for a guy that old

I don't think it would work with Chris Paul on the roster unless he is out for the season.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trade deadline is Feb 9th. That aligns very closely with the Cam Johnson timeline.

I am guessing we ride this out until January where we can monitor his recovery.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trade deadline is Feb 9th. That aligns very closely with the Cam Johnson timeline.

I am guessing we ride this out until January where we can monitor his recovery.

IMO, Cam Johnson's injury doesn't have a lot to do with it.

I think Jae Crowder is gone unless both sides have a dramatic change of heart. It's hard to see it. There must be a significant impasse or he would already be with the team.

My thoughts are the Suns will trade Crowder around December 15th when more players are eligible for trade.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, Cam Johnson's injury doesn't have a lot to do with it.

I think Jae Crowder is gone unless both sides have a dramatic change of heart. It's hard to see it. There must be a significant impasse or he would already be with the team.

My thoughts are the Suns will trade Crowder around December 15th when more players are eligible for trade.

I am more thinking about what hole they want to fill. Not much point in getting say Kuzma if Cam is back.

I personally think another ball handler is our biggest need.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave