Hard core fans only: Fire Kliff or we will NOT renew season tickets!!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve seen this attempt quite a few times since I became a fan in 1964. These days the TV money and public stadium support is so great attendance is a bonus. Add in the fact AZ is a good tourist road trip for visiting teams and I’m sure you’re doomed to fail. How long is the ticket waiting line? Instead I suggest you focus on public pressure of Bidwill’s leadership or lack there of.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With all due respect bc I know the past couple years have been frustrating…..

y’all lived thru the John Navarre, Max Hall, Ryan Lindley, John Skelton, and Kevin Kolb years and this is the year that puts you over the top?
Yes, because when you have those guys you expect to lose. We have a 2x pro bowl / rookie of the year QB and a $30 mil a year WR. We expect to dominate and to be this bad leads to hopelessness for the future.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

y’all lived thru the John Navarre, Max Hall, Ryan Lindley, John Skelton, and Kevin Kolb years and this is the year that puts you over the top?
Ryan Lindley was so bad, he couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing on the beach. Ryan had to be the worst thrower ever to play quarterback for the Cardinals. That Carolina playoff game was so brutal.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading your post MadJack really demonstrates what a demoralizing skein in which this team has been for an entire calendar year. After 12 weeks last season the record was 10-2 and here we are after this season’s twelfth week at 4-8. Factoring in the postseason no-show and the Cards are five up, thirteen down in their past eighteen contests. Worse, this year comes after last season’s embarrassing collapse, which only Michael Bidwill seemed to consider an aberration. It’s extremely apparent to all of us that Coach Kingsbury was not deserving of his job, let alone a ludicrous contract extension. So, your message really hits home: we longtime diehards are fed up with the poor product. What’s more, this team isn’t anything close to likable. Good for you for speaking up (and representing your diehard friends). I’m just sorry to read of it because it truly shows how little ownership seems to know or care about the lousy product it’s presenting. I’d say “This too shall pass,” but I’ve been a Cards fan for too long to utter it with a straight face.
The problem is not only did Kliff not deserve the extension but neither did Keim or Kyler. none certainly deserved 5 year extensions.

Even if they lose out I have serious doubts anyone will be fired when it comes to Keim and Kliff.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Last nights drive home (2+ hours each way) was extremely long and painful..I am taking the rest of the season off..I haven't seen many wins at home the last 2 seasons....
The only NFL team with 6 losses at home this season...the Arizona Cardinals!!! And there’s 2 more to go!!! 4 wins 11 losses the last two years at home so far.

Absofreakinglutely pitiful!!! #Firekliff

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cards fans, y’all may know me as MadJack the Banner Guy (for 27 years!!). So you understand my loyalty and dedication to supporting the Cardinals, right?

I rarely post here except for soliciting your banner suggestions but dammit I’m about fed up as are my long time tailgate buddies of 30 years.

After todays debacle all of us have resolved that if Kingsbury isn’t fired by end of season WE ARE DONE AND WILL NOT RENEW OUR SEASON TICKETS!!

What say you? Had enough? We do not say this lightly I assure you.

MadJack (and I do mean Mad).
MadJack, I wish I were a season ticket holder. I really do, so that I could join this movement. The best I can do is boycott purchases of all merchandise and future trips to games until we get what we want.

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
The only NFL team with 6 losses at home this season...the Arizona Cardinals!!! And there’s 2 more to go!!! 4 wins 11 losses the last two years at home so far.

Absofreakinglutely pitiful!!! #Firekliff
And yet Buckybird and MadJack (and their wives) are meeting up in Denver for that game. What can we say, it’s paid for and booked long before this horrific season unfolded.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Reading your post MadJack really demonstrates what a demoralizing skein in which this team has been for an entire calendar year. After 12 weeks last season the record was 10-2 and here we are after this season’s twelfth week at 4-8. Factoring in the postseason no-show and the Cards are five up, thirteen down in their past eighteen contests. Worse, this year comes after last season’s embarrassing collapse, which only Michael Bidwill seemed to consider an aberration. It’s extremely apparent to all of us that Coach Kingsbury was not deserving of his job, let alone a ludicrous contract extension. So, your message really hits home: we longtime diehards are fed up with the poor product. What’s more, this team isn’t anything close to likable. Good for you for speaking up (and representing your diehard friends). I’m just sorry to read of it because it truly shows how little ownership seems to know or care about the lousy product it’s presenting. I’d say “This too shall pass,” but I’ve been a Cards fan for too long to utter it with a straight face.
Absolutely great post my brotha.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last nights drive home (2+ hours each way) was extremely long and painful..I am taking the rest of the season off..I haven't seen many wins at home the last 2 seasons....
Yup, it's ridiculous. We drive out from ABQ (6+ hours each way) and haven't seen a home win since the Minnesota win opening day of 2021. Now, we don't come out for every single game but have been out for about 8-10 games in that span and all have been losers.
We plan to come out to the Monday night Patriots game but I wonder if that is a waste of time & money the more I watch this team play.
It's especially hard when I am trying to get my 10 year old son to be a fan and the team keeps laying eggs on national TV. It's heartbreaking to hear him say "It's your fault dad for me being a fan of this team, they always lose". The worst part is there is not much I can say to dispute it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadJack, I wish I were a season ticket holder. I really do, so that I could join this movement. The best I can do is boycott purchases of all merchandise and future trips to games until we get what we want.
I will be there too.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards fans, y’all may know me as MadJack the Banner Guy (for 27 years!!). So you understand my loyalty and dedication to supporting the Cardinals, right?

I rarely post here except for soliciting your banner suggestions but dammit I’m about fed up as are my long time tailgate buddies of 30 years.

After todays debacle all of us have resolved that if Kingsbury isn’t fired by end of season WE ARE DONE AND WILL NOT RENEW OUR SEASON TICKETS!!

Sad day for it to come to this! Many fans sympathize and are contemplating similar actions.

I’m not sure if it’s Kliff, Keim, Murray, Michael or a systematic funk for this team. I know I spend 5+ thousand per year and don’t feel like we are getting the value we pay for this product.

I’m not a big protest person but I feel the only way this team will make change is for the fans to gather at Cardinals office and protest. To get maximum benefit, we would want to contact media outlets to make sure they are all there. That would get Michaels attention.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's the coaching. Plain and simple. Those qb's ranged from serviceable to trash and no one expected much. This team, fresh off of a playoff season in which we were the best team in football at one point, led by that man continues to be put behind the 8 ball wth his ineptitude. Losing winnable games due to decision-making is what has put people "over the top".

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
Yup, it's ridiculous. We drive out from ABQ (6+ hours each way) and haven't seen a home win since the Minnesota win opening day of 2021. Now, we don't come out for every single game but have been out for about 8-10 games in that span and all have been losers.
We plan to come out to the Monday night Patriots game but I wonder if that is a waste of time & money the more I watch this team play.
It's especially hard when I am trying to get my 10 year old son to be a fan and the team keeps laying eggs on national TV. It's heartbreaking to hear him say "It's your fault dad for me being a fan of this team, they always lose". The worst part is there is not much I can say to dispute it.
Don’t be surprised if there’s no banner for the Xmas Day game, Cards fans….just sayin…

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Beat ya to it brother...After 19 years, I chose to not renew when they re-signed Keim and Kliff. Truly, one the best decisions I've ever made! :thumbup:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You know what sends a bigger message to ownership? It's not the average (hardcore) fan non-renewing season tickets. It's corporate sponsors non-renewing luxury boxes.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

a little word called trajectory, my friend.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
TV deals and revenue sharing pay the bills.

63,000 fans shelling out is where the real profit lies.
very, very true

5,000 season ticket holders calling it quits is ~$5mm in pure profit going away

5,000 club seat holders going away? $15mm or so in profit going away

the team pays attention to this stuff

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose