Knicks @ Suns Sunday game thread 11-20-2022

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Much better second half from DA, but he should be playing like that all game long.

Payne has made Paul expendable.

I like Okogie. Craig playing with much more energy

Still hate Monty

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got home out since noon busy day

But awesome to come see suns blew out Knicks:)

Looked like book did well ayton so so

Little green left on ton stash lol sooo 420 bong hit lemon kush haze to a nice victory!

Gooooo suns

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's why the Suns won (surely that was mostly because the Knicks were mediocre), but it's the assists that I note; the unselfish play. Everyone shared the ball with everyone else.
We have been one of the assist leaders every year during the monty/Paul era.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The interesting thing is we still don’t really make teams pay for the double. Yes, book doesn’t get trapped and turn it over like he used to, but he’s still not finding the guy they’re gambling off which should make for an easy basket. If book ever figures out this team will be very very difficult to beat.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Overall Payne has been reborn. It’s great to see. Doesn’t look outta control. And when he shoots I expect it to drop.

We are getting a different Torrey Craig this season. He’s playing even better than the first year we acquired him. If his acquisition seemed a mistake last season he’s making up for it this season.

Glad to see Washington and okogie hit shots. Good to have their confidence up.

Glad to see some effort from Ayton in the third. That said, as cheese said, I don’t care how butthurt he is, be a freaking professional and play your ass off while you’re being paid gargantuan money.

And I’m just pissed at both James jones and crowder for whatever the deal is there. You’re under contract, play for your pay until you’re traded. And jones should have had this done before the damn season started. This whole deal is nothing short of misfeasance.

All that said, good get back win.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want to buy in on Cam Payne because he’s been excellent but I don’t trust him in clutch situations. I do love the way he pushes the tempo opposed to the snail pace of CP.
One things for sure, he's getting good mins with CP3 down. Hard to improve from the bench and he needs all the experience he can get.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We don’t. How is that even debatable?

That doesn’t mean he’s playing god now.
I wasn’t refuting that. We needed every one of our team for both.

I was referring to defending/making excuses for Ayton until his final crash and burn.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The interesting thing is we still don’t really make teams pay for the double. Yes, book doesn’t get trapped and turn it over like he used to, but he’s still not finding the guy they’re gambling off which should make for an easy basket. If book ever figures out this team will be very very difficult to beat.

I don’t know if we even prepare for it that much, thats saying something as they should be since it’s become part of other teams game plan to double Book.

The only guy who will try to get open is Bridges where he flashes to the middle. The rest of the guys just stand pat and don’t bother to create a passing lane.

To note another thing they don’t prepare for is the 2 for 1 scenario. It is so predictable that Book is getting the ball. I wish they would prepare for someone else to dribble the ball up and have Book come off some screens or some other off the ball action.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t know if we even prepare for it that much, thats saying something as they should be since it’s become part of other teams game plan to double Book.

The only guy who will try to get open is Bridges where he flashes to the middle. The rest of the guys just stand pat and don’t bother to create a passing lane.

To note another thing they don’t prepare for is the 2 for 1 scenario. It is so predictable that Book is getting the ball. I wish they would prepare for someone else to dribble the ball up and have Book come off some screens or some other off the ball action.
It’s so predictable that I’d love to see book bring it up as a decoy and have someone flash to the FT line for an easy jumper. It’s virtually always a book hero ball miss when going 2-for-1.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And, especially in the playoffs last year, when Booker did find the right guy off the double, some of our shooters get in patterns where they hesitate and pass up on their open look to try and drive the lane or they just give it up to a guy in a worse position.

Cam Payne would do it a lot, I think it is partly because his shooting motion is pretty slow, but he's doing a lot better this year about taking a side step to ditch the close out. Bridges unfortunetly is the worst about it. Dude shoots 40% from 3 and he passes up 2 or 3 wide open looks a night.

Crowder was the only one who basically never hesitated but he was often ice cold. Cam Johnson was way better about it so far this year, especially if he was in the corners.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn’t refuting that. We needed every one of our team for both.

I was referring to defending/making excuses for Ayton until his final crash and burn.

I’ve said over and over he’s checked out and it playing like trash haven’t I?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve said over and over he’s checked out and it playing like trash haven’t I?
Yes you have, but you've also been clear to lay all the blame for DA checking out on Monty and JJ. And maybe you're right, who knows. But I'm no longer convinced he's completely checked out.

Ayton is never going to be the player we want him to be but over the past few games he's come close to being the Ayton we need him to be. We're getting probably 7 minutes a game of an impactful DA, we need probably 10 minutes at that level. But even at 7 good minutes from Ayton, it's going to be a challenge to replace his on court value without giving up future assets. And given our need at PF, we're much better served if we don't have to go in that direction.