CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jones I believed measured like 5'9 at Combine which I thought he was too small but he is listed at 5'11 175 (must be the shoes). Kid was always a ball hawk. Bill B gets another defensive draft steal.

Woolen I thought was all measurables and too raw but he looks great. He and Bryant are nice young CB's to develop.
Jones was listed as 5'10" at ASU and I had the same concern about him though he has always played bigger than his size. He did have problems covering big targets while at ASU.

Woolen looking good is not looking good for us.

I am not sure if our CB coach is any good that only the high draft pick CBs work out here while other teams constantly find quality CBs in the later rounds.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just love how you look at mock drafts & the summary of our selection starts with “The Cardinals have a lot of needs”

lol

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Interesting pool revision. Initial response to the O-linemen was this class was weak. I posted I actually liked the class better than most. I thought there were solid players but not as many standouts than in some recent years. Most of the evaluators are moving more to my position and I wouldn’t be shocked to see a first round O-line pick. Of course much depends on when the Cards are selecting.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Lets say the Cards scuffle down the stretch and end up drafting 10--

possible given all the parity and tiebreakers (like 7 wins might get you 10th)

how much do you give up to move up to, lets say 3 or 4 to get Will Anderson?

(assuming a couple QBs go 1 / 2 as they often do)

Harry

Reaction score
None, don’t want Anderson, not that he can’t be an NFL QB.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He's not draft eligible for another year but Marvin Harrison JR. is going to be a dominant NFL receiver.
OTOH, I'd stay away from CJ Stroud as a top QB. Paris Johnson and Jaxon Smith-Njegba are also going to be very good pros.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Joey Porter is going to be good. The Freshman CB for ND Morrison looked great last night.

I seriously question these decisions to go for it on 4th down lately. In the OSU/NW game yesterday, NW has the ball at their own 45, 2nd and 1 early in the 3rd qtr. and the game tied at 7-7. They fail to get the first down on 2nd. and 3rd. down and are left with 4th and about a yard. Instead of punting the ball and pinning OSU deep, their HC decides to go for it and they fail giving OSU the ball at the NW 45 and of course OSU drives down for a TD to go ahead 14-7.

Your defense has been holding OSU and they have shutdown Stroud completely yet you give OSU a short field. To give you an idea of how well the NW defense played yesterday, Stroud, a strong Heisman candidate and averaging almost 300 yds. per game passing was held to 10/26 passing for 76 yds. for the entire game.

Harry

Reaction score
Joey Porter is going to be good. The Freshman CB for ND Morrison looked great last night.

I seriously question these decisions to go for it on 4th down lately. In the OSU/NW game yesterday, NW has the ball at their own 45, 2nd and 1 early in the 3rd qtr. and the game tied at 7-7. They fail to get the first down on 2nd. and 3rd. down and are left with 4th and about a yard. Instead of punting the ball and pinning OSU deep, their HC decides to go for it and they fail giving OSU the ball at the NW 45 and of course OSU drives down for a TD to go ahead 14-7.

Your defense has been holding OSU and they have shutdown Stroud completely yet you give OSU a short field. To give you an idea of how well the NW defense played yesterday, Stroud, a strong Heisman candidate and averaging almost 300 yds. per game passing was held to 10/26 passing for 76 yds. for the entire game.
I‘m not confident Stroud is the best QB in this draft. The best tools belong to Anthony Richardson. He needs to be polished, but he has the highest ceiling. In Stroud‘s defense, the field & weather in Chicago were terrible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA