Warriors @ Suns Tuesday game thread 10-25-2022

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith what was Klay arguing with Booker about tonight? Seemed to go on for about 5 minutes before the ejection.

I didn't see it was asleep. I think I'm having a delayed reaction to the Covid booster on Thu had a stiff neck for 2 days then today major acid reflux and then a fever. I turned it on literally after Klay got ejected and the Suns immediately pulled away.

Warriors aren't good on defense right now losing Porter and Payton and replacing them with young guys is going to take some time. the part I saw the Suns were getting anything they wanted.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it was asleep. I think I'm having a delayed reaction to the Covid booster on Thu had a stiff neck for 2 days then today major acid reflux and then a fever. I turned it on literally after Klay got ejected and the Suns immediately pulled away.

Warriors aren't good on defense right now losing Porter and Payton and replacing them with young guys is going to take some time. the part I saw the Suns were getting anything they wanted.

Get well Russ. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dang, hope you feel better soon.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There must have been 10-11 techs doled out tonight…suprised only 1 ejection.

Seem like Klay was saying something like, “Enjoy your fourth game of the regular season championship” on his way out.

Klay got ejected tonight because he's under pressure to perform and he hasn't..it all bubbled over.

Yeah Klay looks like a guy who expended himself in the postseason and just doesn't have his legs back. They are bringing him along slowly, he's on a minutes restriction I think about 20 now but you can see right now he just doesn't look good, first 2 games was good last 2 dead legs.

I sort of expect it'll kind of be minutes wise this way all year Klay starting but playing less minutes than Poole.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Devin Booker is "Probably the most complete player in the league right now."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Luka is a better offensive player but Booker is a better defensive player so I'd agree with the complete player claim.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka is a better offensive player but Booker is a better defensive player so I'd agree with the complete player claim.
Giannis laughs at all of this. So does Morant.

Which isn’t to say Book ain’t great or playing at an elite level so far this season.

But those other two guys are on a different level than everyone in the game right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree. Devin has taken his defense and aggressiveness to a new level.

The Warriors are loaded with young talent. When they are clicking, they are scary good.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis laughs at all of this. So does Morant.

Morant doesn't play defense. Giannis is great but he doesn't make 3's and he's not the passer Booker is.

I'd put Joker in there too but again not a great defender. IMO Jokic is the best offensive player in the league he can do everything.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morant doesn't play defense. Giannis is great but he doesn't make 3's and he's not the passer Booker is.

I'd put Joker in there too but again not a great defender. IMO Jokic is the best offensive player in the league he can do everything.
you haven’t been watching this season. Morant has been a beast on both ends.

And sorry, Giannis is the most unstoppable offensive force in the league, even without shooting threes. And for whatever talk of Booker being a better passer, Giannis has averaged more assists per game this season, as well as the last two seasons. And as much as Booker has improved on D, he’s not one of the best defenders of all time. Giannis is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton gets a Doberman and names him Leo. There must be something catchy to say about it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton thought Draymond Green was trying to get on his nerves the whole game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton talks about the game being physical and emotional as well.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only got to watch this game in spurts but wow, an absolute romping of the defending champs.

Booker has been unreal these first 4 games, somehow the guy continues to improve with each passing season.

From what I watched, Paul looked like he is getting his legs back. Working himself open and actually willing to take shots.

The bench looks solid.

How in the heck did the Spurs give us Jock for free? In his twilight years is Pop feeling guilty about some of this mid 2000s screw jobs against us?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns need to trade for Kuzma and they’d be in business. I’m more concerned with Cam’s body than ability.

He's somewhat durable and his contract isn't bad but I don't think he's a competitor.

Last year he was baaaaad, Washington was far worse whenever he was on the court, same with the Lakers the year before, stunningly so, they were a -0.9 when he played a +7.2 with him on the bench.

Watching him play, he doesn't seem like he gives half a ****. He takes his shots, grabs a few boards, takes a nice breather on D and generally looks like he is on the brink of taking a nap.

Dude makes Ayton look like Benito Mussolini.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hate to identify the fourth game of the season as a “statement” game, but it felt that way. Few have been talking about the suns as a contender this year. Had to get the stench of last years playoff off their back. Defending champs who got where our guys thought they’d be last year. Chippy all game. Warriors trying to impress on the suns they were still the bad boys on block and ended up losing their collective cools. Nice to a GS meltdown instead of a phx meltdown.

Bridges with quietly strong game.

Ayton is confounding. And his defense is suspect this year compared to last couple. But he’s still a huge contributor to this teams success.

Welcome to the season Chris.

Nice bench play tonight!!!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
There must have been 10-11 techs doled out tonight…suprised only 1 ejection.

Seem like Klay was saying something like, “Enjoy your fourth game of the regular season championship” on his way out.

Klay got ejected tonight because he's under pressure to perform and he hasn't..it all bubbled over.
I think Klay may be realizing he has to come to terms with being over the hill... or at least with being less than an elite level player... from here on out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also... good lord, those jerseys are fantastic. I loved em in the 90s but they look even better with the baggy style of the 90s removed. They better wear them for more than the 12 games they're advertising.

I hope they bring them back, or something similar, full time in the near future.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose