Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think his value will be more later on versus now?

Yes, Crowder's value will increase near the trade deadline, if only as an expiring contract as teams drop out of the playoff race and look to dump the contracts of good players.

Bad teams will want to get worse as they position themselves for the draft.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it benefits Crowder to sit out. Maybe he is thinking there could be an injury to push another team to make a trade.
Maybe not but we won't see Crowder in a Suns uniform this year. I would be shocked if we do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not but we won't see Crowder in a Suns uniform this year. I would be shocked if we do.

I was hoping Crowder might rethink his demand to be traded. Apparently not.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F Crowder
He's a fiery player, we desparately need that type of emotion. If we can get him happy and willing to play a bench role if necessary, maybe he can eventually teach Devin how to channel his anger and frustration into something that helps the team instead of just pissing off the refs and fans. Yes Jae crossed a line or two with his tweets but we've seen far worse. And IMO and we're much better off with him than without him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the tweets that bother me about Jae Crowder. It's him demanding a trade and not showing up for practice.

We don't know how bad it got behind the scene.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about Cam Payne coming into the season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the tweets that bother me about Jae Crowder. It's him demanding a trade and not showing up for practice.

We don't know how bad it got behind the scene.
The tweets and the demanding a trade are basically the same thing AFAIC. He wanted a new contract only to discover that not only was it not going to happen but that he'd no longer be starting or finishing games here. He didn't handle it well but IMO his reaction was pretty predictable. Had CamJ clearly beat him out, it might have gone differently but that didn't happen. As for missing practice, I thought that was a mutual decision between him and the organization?

Don't get me wrong, like everyone else here I believe we are parting ways one way or the other. I just don't think it's the ideal outcome for us. It would be much better if we were able to convince him to take over the bench role.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder missing practice while the Suns pursued a trade was a mutual decision.

However, I hardly think this was the Suns preferred outcome. It was probably made in the best interest of the team.

I'm sure they would have preferred Jae Crowder out there playing.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jae Crowder missing practice while the Suns pursued a trade was a mutual decision.

However, I hardly think this was the Suns preferred outcome. It was probably made in the best interest of the team.

I'm sure they would have preferred Jae Crowder out there playing.

Yeah although it was reported as mutual, i think the suns bent over backwards a bit to accommodate Crowder's wishes to minimize damage against a franchise going through a lot at the time (Sarver and ayton's extension). Why risk more public outcry when the suns made a choice to move on from him, this would only hurt his value even more since Crowder did a lot of the damage already. That is what i'm most upset about, is that he lowered his own value while asking to be traded. And second is the lack of professionalism, cmon man you play even though you were told you weren't going to start or get an extension, i dont see how that's a predictable move by Crowder who was thought of as a professional among professionals. Its pretty upsetting that he's disrupting a lot of what the suns are trying to do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah although it was reported as mutual, i think the suns bent over backwards a bit to accommodate Crowder's wishes to minimize damage against a franchise going through a lot at the time (Sarver and ayton's extension). Why risk more public outcry when the suns made a choice to move on from him, this would only hurt his value even more since Crowder did a lot of the damage already. That is what i'm most upset about, is that he lowered his own value while asking to be traded. And second is the lack of professionalism, cmon man you play even though you were told you weren't going to start or get an extension, i dont see how that's a predictable move by Crowder who was thought of as a professional among professionals. Its pretty upsetting that he's disrupting a lot of what the suns are trying to do.

It will certainly change how I think about Jae Crowder going forward, and not positively, unless there is more to the story.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per Flex

Cam wanted 85 over 4 years the Suns countered with 72 over 4 years

I hate this front office

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per Flex

I hate this front office
Ok, good thing it's getting replaced in a few months.

This is nothing to get worked up about. He's not going anywhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Flex

I hate this front office

I thought the Suns should offer Cam Johnson 4 years/ $82 million. That's close. I think he would have ecccepted that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Flex

I hate this front office
If we’re to believe anything Flex…

Eh, I don’t really care anymore.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought the Suns should offer Cam Johnson 4 years/ $82 million. That's close. I think he would have ecccepted that.

His stats are pretty much identical to DeAndre Hunter and he just got 4-95 million

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His stats are pretty much identical to DeAndre Hunter and he just got 4-95 million
I'd have been hesitant to give him that deal but keep in mind that Hunter's value extends well beyond the simple stats. He can handle the ball, guard multiple positions and has the potential to be a difference maker on both ends of the court. But he's been injured even more than CamJ so I think it's a big risk giving him that kind of deal unless they've protected themselves with non-guaranteed years.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Flex is as reliable as my bowels, but if that is true it's going to haunt us.

Guy is one of the best outside shooters in the NBA, he is a plus defender and is long and surprisingly athletic. On the open market he would easily get that kind of money.

If he has a reasonably healthy season and gets the natural bump in stats that you'd think he would as a starter... something like 18 and 6 with solid defense and 3 point shooting above 40% he will get offers well north of 100 million over 4 next year.

Either Sarver's trying to keep salary down because he thinks it will make the sale more lucrative (which is his classic penny wise, pound foolish MO) or the Suns were hesitant to sign Cam because they're eyeing a potential big trade during the season and extending him would make almost untradeable until the extension kicks in.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd have been hesitant to give him that deal but keep in mind that Hunter's value extends well beyond the simple stats. He can handle the ball, guard multiple positions and has the potential to be a difference maker on both ends of the court. But he's been injured even more than CamJ so I think it's a big risk giving him that kind of deal unless they've protected themselves with non-guaranteed years.

Sounds a lot like Cam Johnson…interesting

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kevin Porter jr 4-82 million

Seems like the going rate

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Flex is as reliable as my bowels, but if that is true it's going to haunt us.

Guy is one of the best outside shooters in the NBA, he is a plus defender and is long and surprisingly athletic. On the open market he would easily get that kind of money.

If he has a reasonably healthy season and gets the natural bump in stats that you'd think he would as a starter... something like 18 and 6 with solid defense and 3 point shooting above 40% he will get offers well north of 100 million over 4 next year.

Either Sarver's trying to keep salary down because he thinks it will make the sale more lucrative (which is his classic penny wise, pound foolish MO) or the Suns were hesitant to sign Cam because they're eyeing a potential big trade during the season and extending him would make almost untradeable until the extension kicks in.
Bingo
I bet JJ still wants some KD.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard