That’s Why You Fire Kliff

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knowing our history, should we really be considering firing a HC who keeps us at .500 or greater, a young coach who, you would think, might only get better with more experience. Knowing the usual suspects the Cardinals usually attract and hire as HC, do we really want to go from the frying pan into the fire by shuffling coaches in and out of here again?

Just a something to consider!
There is no valid reason to keep Kliff right now. I do not believe he will improve since I firmly believe he hsd topped out and there is only downside.

Feel the same about Kyler too

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There is no valid reason to keep Kliff right now. I do not believe he will improve since I firmly believe he hsd topped out and there is only downside.

I can certainly see where you are coming from, along with respecting your opinion. But me personally, being 73 yrs old and having lived right across the street from Sun Devil Stadium when Cards played there, I remember too clearly how utterly bad and contemptuous our team was. There was absolutely no joy whatsoever, not to mention expectation and excitement in being a fan. Now, we are blessed with that, even though our ceiling seems rather low at times.

What I am saying is that there is fun in being a fan now, positive and negative things to discuss and keep our interest on the board, and I don't want to take any chance of slipping back into the dark days of yesteryear, even if that might have the potential to raise the ceiling a bit, before I pass on soon. I have learned to keep acknowledging the fact that "We are, and always will be, nothing but the Cardinals."

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been a KK fan since he was named HC. And I think that the team always (mostly) plays hard. And we are moving in the right direction. But, I am not delusional, although many will disagree. I think our biggest problem is that come game day Kliff can't call plays and do the HC job. We need to hire either an OC or a Co-OC. He and KK could collaborate on formulating a game plan but come the GAME the 'new' guy would be in charge with calling in the plays. At least that is how I see it. We have to act now.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry, but four years in and MB is still permitting KK to try and figure out how to manage a game. Nah, it's way past time to consider hiring an OC as that should have been a mandate when the insane contract extension was tendered. This is a massive organizational failure and we all feel it given the talent and lack of weekly results. This team is a mess and both SK and KK have to go before the healing can begin. Unfortunately, we don't have the deep pockets that the owner in Carolina has, so we'll have to endure more frustrating failure for some time or simply stop caring.

Last edited:

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s definitely a Kliff problem! I saw this same exact poor situational football, struggles to substitute personnel & constant wasting of timeouts at Texas Tech. 9 years of the same ol is who he is! A poor HC & at some point Kyler & Kliff are going to have some heated exchanges face to face because it’s almost at implode time imo
Maybe after all Kliff is not that intelligent as he looks but just a hard working guy.

Reactions: PJ1

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, but four years in and MB is still permitting KK to try and figure out how to manage a game. Nah, it's way past time to consider hiring an OC as that should have been a mandate when the insane contract extension was tendered. This is a massive organizational failure and we all feel it given the talent and lack of weekly results. This team is a mess and both SK and KK have to go before the healing can begin. Unfortunately, we don't have the deep pockets that the owner is Carolina has, so we'll have to endure more frustrating failure for some time or simply stop caring.
So, you would rather write off this season in the hope that will get Kliff fired. If that's the way you feel, fine. However, I'm running out of "Wait till next year(s)".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe after all Kliff is not that intelligent as he looks but just a hard working guy.
Do you actually think Kliff looks intelligent? He comes off more manicured than smart to me, which screams fraud. And never comes off as confident. Always looks like deer in headlights every time they go to him on sidelines or in interviews.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Do you actually think Kliff looks intelligent? He comes off more manicured than smart to me, which screams fraud. And never comes off as confident. Always looks like deer in headlights every time they go to him on sidelines or in interviews.
He is smart. He can be that and still be in over his head. He'd be a dynamite offensive coordinator at the college level. He's just an average or less NFL head coach. (See Bill O'Brien)

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is smart. He can be that and still be in over his head. He'd be a dynamite offensive coordinator at the college level. He's just an average or less NFL head coach. (See Bill O'Brien)
BoB wasn't that bad of a coach. GM however...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are valid reasons, but most of them have to do with the fact that they just re-signed him to a 5 year deal. You bring in a new coach, possibly a new QB and we become the Panthers or the Texans. No franchise QB in sight and no real prospects of winning.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, you would rather write off this season in the hope that will get Kliff fired. If that's the way you feel, fine. However, I'm running out of "Wait till next year(s)".
I’m with ya brother. I have no faith whatsoever in Kliffy, but I’m so tired of waiting until next year. And I’m old, so at this point I’ve kind of given up on seeing this team ever win a title. Damn Aaron Francisco….

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BoB wasn't that bad of a coach. GM however...
They're all bad coaches for the NFL. I don't know why the NFL owners continue to hire these overhyped college coaches. How many big name college coaches have have flamed out? Saban, Spurrier, Chip Kelly, Petrino, Bill O'Brien, Reule, Butch Davis, Schiano, Kingsbury. The list goes on and on. Especially college coaches who have never had any recent NFL coaching experience. Everyone will say what about Pete Carrol but he had NFL head coaching experience prior to USC. Jimmie Johnson may be one of the only successful ones I can think of and that was 30+ years ago.
The NFL is a totally different ballgame. In the NFL, these coaches aren't dealing with kids they can intimidate or strongarm into buying into their "system". If they are BS, the NFL players will sniff it our eventually.

Last edited:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They're all bad coaches for the NFL. I don't know why the NFL owners continue to hire these overhyped college coaches. How many big name college coaches have have flamed out? Saban, Spurrier, Chip Kelly, Petrino, Bill O'Brien, Reule, Butch Davis, Schiano, Kingsbury. The list goes on and on. Especially college coaches who have never had any recent NFL coaching experience. Everyone will say what about Pete Carrol but he had NFL head coaching experience prior to USC. Jimmie Johnson may be one of the only successful ones I can think of and that was 30+ years ago.
The NFL is a totally different ballgame. In the NFL, these coaches aren't dealing with kids the can intimidate or strongarm into buying into their "system". If the are BS, the NFL players will sniff it our eventually.
He had 4 division titles, decent record, and a couple playoff wins.

Not CoY or anything, but he wasn't THAT bad. Most coaches do considerably worse.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The NFL is a totally different ballgame. In the NFL, these coaches aren't dealing with kids the can intimidate or strongarm into buying into their "system". If the are BS, the NFL players will sniff it our eventually.
Bill O'Brien wasn't a big-time college coach. He was at Penn State for 2 years, but he spent five years with New England before that.

Really hard to call him a failure, also. He was 52-48 and went to the playoffs four times in seven seasons.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m with ya brother. I have no faith whatsoever in Kliffy, but I’m so tired of waiting until next year. And I’m old, so at this point I’ve kind of given up on seeing this team ever win a title. Damn Aaron Francisco….
Both feet weren't in. You couldn't convince me otherwise.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies to @TJ . I thought this thread was pure hyperbole when you started it. Kyler and Kliff are not a winning combo. We all know who has to go. I'm in!

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Apologies to @TJ . I thought this thread was pure hyperbole when you started it. Kyler and Kliff are not a winning combo. We all know who has to go. I'm in!
Ive wanted him gone since 2020 Week 17 when all he had to do to get into the playoffs was beat a back up QB w no fans in the stands and failed. He doesn’t have the chops to coach in the NFL.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still waiting….
Meh, even if it is asked, the answer would not answer the question truthfully. Someone should ask Kliff if he trusts Kyler (if that hasn’t been done already).

The6

All Star
Reaction score
This is true

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose