Week 5 2022: Heroes and Goats

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'm not stunned.

Byron Murphy has consistently improved every season, as has Zach Allen. Last season, both of them were good football players.

I'd guess the Cardinals could've signed Allen for pennies on the dollar this offseason. Both will require pretty good contracts to resign.

I won't be shocked to see both of them walk.
You never posted this last offseason. Therefore technically not Keim’s fault if they walk.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the case, I resign Allen.

If Vance stays, there is pretty solid proof that the team DOESN'T require top talent at cornerback to be fairly successful. As much as I like Murphy, he's a limited player because he doesn't have ideal size and speed. He's a good player because of instincts and technique.
man... it just sucks that year after year, when you look at the FA list, it always seems like we have a young good player at the top of the list.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Back to the theme of Heroes and Goats, as I said last week, how do you not list Marco Wilson as a Goat??

He was targeted on almost every pass play, and failed to touch the ball or the receiver on every one. The guy has to be replaced for us to improve defensively. Hopefully, Antonio Hamilton will be up to speed next week and take over the #2 cornerback position.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And the kicker isn’t a goat along with Keim for signing a guy who’s 2 for 8 on game tying & game winning kicks? He missed just weeks ago as well. Keim put that team in a poor position yesterday if it came down to a kick & it did

Everyone on The Oline played well too with that vaunted Iggles defense.

Goodness man this is pretty much worthless to do now imo

KEIM didn't scout the guy. He signed him after the Special team's coach gave it the thumbs up.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Woof.

DJ had some UGLY reps in this game.

I’m curious as to why the Eagles played off so much. They were getting through at will.
Yeah but but but KM has all day to throw lol, Oline still sucks and the D when it counted still sucked after gutless play put us in a 14-0 hole they rolled over and let the eagles ram it down their throats and run most of the clock out to end the game!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Woof.

DJ had some UGLY reps in this game.

I’m curious as to why the Eagles played off so much. They were getting through at will.

That last one makes me feel a bit less badly about the throw to Rondale he had to unload that in 1.6 seconds with a guy a step away in his face which is likely way he overthrew it he wanted to get it up over the guy in his face.

Short drop of course but still with a shotgun snap that's awfully quick to unload it

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals technically will have enough to resign both.
I think he’s making a joke to those who are telling posters that they can’t bang on Keim if they didn’t call for the extensions this off-season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It shouldn't be. Both are continuing their trajectory from last year. For whatever reason Keim chooses to sign expensive FA vets from other teams vs extending the few picks he has hit on.
I remember all of the comments at the dearth of young talent on this team.

I disagreed. Case in point is the defense. Lots of homegrown talent there.

If I were Keim (and I had the requisite confidence of Bidwill) I would have sold off whatever assets the team had after Arians left to build the next contender.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think he’s making a joke to those who are telling posters that they can’t bang on Keim if they didn’t call for the extensions this off-season.
I'm 100% anti-Keim.

I'm not as harsh on him as others are because he has clearly done a good job at times on some aspects of the roster and on some position groups, but we all know he will never build a consistent winner. He relies on expensive veterans too much.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I remember all of the comments at the dearth of young talent on this team.

I disagreed. Case in point is the defense. Lots of homegrown talent there.

If I were Keim (and I had the requisite confidence of Bidwill) I would have sold off whatever assets the team had after Arians left to build the next contender.
Oof. That would be pretty progressive. Don't think the Cards had that in them. What were the assets that you would have sold from that team though?

Patrick Peterson, Chandler Jones, and Larry Fitzgerald were the only stars over 28 on that team. Humphries? Budda?

Dude, Rodney Gunter had a nice little contract year, and then never played in the NFL again. Retired with a heart condition after signing a free agent deal with the Jags.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
As I keep saying. There are no kickers worth signing that are will to fill in for just a game.

This "Keim should have signed a better kicker" stuff is bunk.
Hogwash we signed the guy with a poor kicking percentage & one of the worst kickers that was available! Do your own homework

Buckybird

Reaction score
Literally the day we signed Ammendola, the Eagles signed Dicker the kicker who went 2-2 and made both Xp's. Included among those was a 42 yarder I think they said was good from 54. Admittedly it wasn't a game deciding kick so less pressure but I think even the announcers expected Ammendola to miss based on his history and that they saw him missing kicks right going that way in warmups before the game.

Obviously Justin Tucker isn't available but Ammendola was NOT a good choice.

Michael Badgley made 4-4 FG's for the Bears earlier this year got cut and was signed off the Lions practice squad on Friday and kicked for the Lions on sunday. Didn't miss a kick, ok they got shut out so he didn't attempt one! Doesn't have a big leg but he can make a 43 yarder

Ammendola in his career is 2-6 from 40-49 and 0-3 from 50+ so 2-9 on kicks over 40 yards. That's just not an NFL kicker.
Bingo

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
As I keep saying. There are no kickers worth signing that are will to fill in for just a game.

This "Keim should have signed a better kicker" stuff is bunk.
One of your weirdest takes is that there are good NFL players out there who are just like refusing to play because one game is insulting or something. Like they wouldn't accept the money or whatever.

First practice squad players and now this. It's easier to stay in the NFL if you're saying yes to jobs. When guys say no to work they usually don't get a lot of follow-up calls.

Buckybird

Reaction score
KEIM didn't scout the guy. He signed him after the Special team's coach gave it the thumbs up.
Who rubber stamped it? If Keim didn’t do his homework on a poor kicker after a thumbs up front Rodgers that makes it even worse imo. That’s his job!

If this kid is our kicker again this week, then shame on Keim part II

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who rubber stamped it? If Keim didn’t do his homework on a poor kicker after a thumbs up front Rodgers that makes it even worse imo. That’s his job!

Kickers are brought in and tested under the supervision of the Special Teams coach and his job as a professional with specific responsibilities to assess and recommend. So what exactly would you have Keim do when the ST Coach tells him that he's tested 'X' number of kickers and recommends kicker "Y"?

If kicker "Y" was missing 40-yard attempts left and right during the test, I somehow doubt Rogers would have said: "Steve, this is the guy!"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kickers are brought in and tested under the supervision of the Special Teams coach and his job as a professional with specific responsibilities to assess and recommend. So what exactly would you have Keim do when the ST Coach tells him that he's tested 'X' number of kickers and recommends kicker "Y"?

If kicker "Y" was missing 40-yard attempts left and right during the test, I somehow doubt Rogers would have said: "Steve, this is the guy!"
I’d look at how pathetic that kicker was when he was actually IN A GAME and then decide not to bring that terrible kicker in in the first place.