Our franchise QB

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let’s say he gets the first down. What happens next. Likely spikes it anyways. Than what? Can’t run with no timeouts. Pass? Potential sack or pick? Was gonna be a fg attempt regardless.

What happens next is 1 or 2 attempts at a sideline pass that absolutely has to go out of bounds or the clock runs out. Low probability but MAYBE you pick up 5 - 10 yards (and maybe you get tackled in bounds and lose the game).

Bottom line, when you get the ball with under 2 minutes and no timeouts (of course its the Cardinals and EVERYTHING has to go wrong, including a player getting his wind knocked out on defense resulting in a forced timeout), you have to drive for a manageable field goal attempt. We did that. He missed.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No thanks. I don't want a coward like that leading my team. Fire KK and Keim and replace them with competent personnel (hopefully), then trade KM to a team dumb enough to offer up a haul, if there is a team that dumb. We're not going anywhere with KM so there's no point wasting another couple of years with him.

:beer: :hacker::beer::hacker::pullhair::bang::mad::violin::beer::computer:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're not wrong, but year 4 Kyler needs to close those deals. My belief in him is higher than the other pieces around him. When he doesnt come through it makes me question if the gap is not nearly as wide as I thought.

I will say it is concerning if Kliff was truly playing for a FG. It seems we were going to run the ball anyway on the next play. And if so then yea the kicker was going to miss anyway.

The story is actually better if its just a Kyler issue. Cause then well he needs to grow up. If Kliff is having issues as well then we've got a long way to go.
That’s the biggest issue… it’s both a Kyler AND a Kliff problem. And the reason why it’s a major problem is that those problems (sliding before first downs/bad situational awareness end of games and laying up for a mid range or long FG instead of playing to win) have plagued us for three years now.

Nothing is changing in end of close game scenarios with Kyler and Kliff.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under two minutes a player injured is an auto timeout. Jalen was down with the wind knocked out of him and received medical attention on the field.
Which is stupid. The clock was already stopped. It isn't like the team is gaining an advantage. I hate that they changed that rule.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let alone a game winning/tying FG. It takes a particular mental fortitude, aside from skill, to certainly to be in manageable territory.
I knew we were going to miss it as soon as they started showing clips of Ammendola missing the kicks pre-game. Jinx of the highest order.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No such thing. He's just a bad kicker who can't kick under pressure.

Come on. We all knew we were going to shank city the second that he walked out on the field. Lol.. Knew it like we knew the sun was going to rise in the East this morning. Felt it in our bones. It was our destiny as Cardinals fans.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Come on. We all knew we were going to shank city the second that he walked out on the field. Lol.. Knew it like we knew the sun was going to rise in the East this morning. Felt it in our bones. It was our destiny as Cardinals fans.
Right. But how is that a jinx? He's just a bad kicker making a bad kick. Not even surprising.

I don't really blame the kid for missing, but it still sucks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. But how is that a jinx? He's just a bad kicker making a bad kick. Not even surprising.

I don't really blame the kid for missing, but it still sucks.
Did you watch the commentary leading up to the miss?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did you watch the commentary leading up to the miss?
Amazing how much power commentators have by just talking, disregarding all other broadcasts and hundreds of thousands of people watching.

Have you seen his kicks in previous games?

Have you seen him on an NFL team before this?

Did you see him in warmups?

Do you think he will ever land an NFL job again?

A jinx is more of, this kicker made 30 in a row, then misses. Which still isn't a jinx cause you can say that forever (31, 32) and yeah eventually you will be right and casually forget all the times you were wrong.

A bad kicker missing a pressure kick is like saying water is wet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all the time.

The player could be faking or over-exaggerating the injury which gives the team more time to prep & the opposing team to lose momentum.

College coaches do it a lot.
They were doing it in the NFL a lot also which is why the rule was instituted.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure he did. The play before the pass to Green that was intercepted

Ok, so he did. But every time he screws up a run someone says "Yeah but he could have got hurt". But there is a far, far, far higher possibility he won't get hurt and should just make the play so we can actually win the game. Which is the point.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't blame the kicker at all. We didn't deserve to win or have a shot to win for how the last drive was handled.
Sure the last drive ending the way it did sucked, but this game was lost in the first quarter

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sure the last drive ending the way it did sucked, but this game was lost in the first quarter
That's why there is 4 quarters. We had a good shot to win or at least push to OT. Just a series of errors and counting on an inaccurate off the street kicker. Just unfortunate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard