Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pregame Thread. 9/26/22-10/02/22

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I know I posted this last week, but the issue is that teams are getting guys open quick and guys aren't finishing even though they are beating blocks.

The Rams only pressured Murray 7 times in like 50 something drop backs, so the OL did their job.
It looked like the OL was horrid watching the game, especially Justin Pugh. The Ram DL out physical them again

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
One could imagine eating Kliff's deal if this season really ends in catastrophe. It would probably have to be like 5-12.
something a NFL person said that sticks with me: unlike players, Coach and GM contracts arent posted publicly.

possible that the 5 years isnt a true 5 years ( like a team option on years 4 and 5, as an example).

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I dunno. He got an extension but you imagine that his assistants are pretty inexpensive. Michael just got out from under the cost of Wilks' staff.

I'd guess the entire defensive staff is not under contract for 2023. You're probably paying Kliff as a bottom five coach (or at least somewhere in the middle) -- they certainly didn't release his salary updates.

One could imagine eating Kliff's deal if this season really ends in catastrophe. It would probably have to be like 5-12.

It's kind of fascinating that there's so much doom and gloom on the board right now. We're 1-2. Those games don't feel great, but this team didn't work much or much together in the preseason. It's not outside the realm of possibility that guys start working together and this ship gets righted.
The franchise took a hit after firing Wilks after ONE season. They would have trouble getting a decent coach if they fire Kliff this soon IMO. I suspect Kliff got extended because a lot of prime coaching candidates want no part of coaching Kyler.

Tua and the dude in Philly are more coachable.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
something about the teal and black colors on the Panthers that makes the Cards wet the bed

its one thing to lose to Cam Newton in his prime -- but lately its been PJ Walker, Teddy Bridgewater and Kyle Allen at QB who scored 31, 38 and 34 points in those games.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The franchise took a hit after firing Wilks after ONE season. They would have trouble getting a decent coach if they fire Kliff this soon IMO. I suspect Kliff got extended because a lot of prime coaching candidates want no part of coaching Kyler.

Yeah, but Wilks was well-respected around the league and got saddled with a legitimately terrible roster.

I don't think that the NFL has a high opinion of Kliff and would believe it supports the order of the league to have him out of it. I think the Cards will get more blowback if they canned Vance Joseph.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think we win because our backs are against the wall. Murray has a decent game because he has to play good one out of every four games plus we are on the road which seems like the only time this team shows up because they sure can’t do it at home.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Getting a job coaching in the NFL is an exclusive position, sought after by many who are qualified but still cannot get a shot. Those who do aspire to coach at this level have a level of confidence where ego is actually a virtue at times, especially the top dogs vying for the chance to enter the arena again. I highly doubt any coach sees Kyler as a blatant red flag and actually probably the opposite... it would be the recent history of ownership and Keim that would dissuade them, and not this QB (though he has his unique drawbacks of size and questionable character by the public narrative) who won rookie of the year and has some Pro Bowls (regardless of the water down actual reality of the event, it's still based on a favorable opinion no matter how skewed) for taking the job

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

19. Arizona Cardinals (1-2)

Week 3 ranking: 14
You must be registered for see images

Team QBR: 47.9
QBR rank: 15th

As goes Kyler Murray, so go the Cardinals. He only has 68 rushing yards in three games this season, which is why, in large part, the Cardinals' record is 1-2. From a throwing standpoint he's playing like his typical self. But as a runner, Murray isn't using his legs like he can, and to win the Cardinals need Murray to run. -- Josh Weinfuss

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
That's true. But if you ask any team before the game if they can live with Kupp only getting 64 total yards a only 1 TD. Every team in the league will take that. Every single one.
His TD run was the difference in the game. Who cares what other teams think. It was the difference in the game.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His TD run was the difference in the game. Who cares what other teams think. It was the difference in the game.
Yeah but it really wasn’t at that point in the game.

I would say Zaven Collins missing the easy sack on Stafford on 3rd down late in the 3rd quarter when it was still 13-9 was a back breaking play. Rams were stuck doing nothing for a few quarters at that point and if they punt it’s interesting how the end result might have played out differently.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Stafford did a spin move on Collins. If it were easy he would have make the play. We can't allow allow any TE to waltz into the end zone untouched. Take that play away and it is a different ball game. Huge play for them.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youre the only person alive that doesnt enjoy Seinfeld.

I have watched 5 episodes and didn't laugh once. I just do not get the humor at all.

I even watched the soup one and I was like, just go get soup somewhere else. You live in New York for petes sake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose