After the game, locker room talk. 9/18/22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't actually think our CBs have been bad. At least at the top end covering primarily WRs. The run game and Kelce has been the issue.

Murphy, for all the **** I've given him, has been great.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't actually think our CBs have been bad. At least at the top end covering primarily WRs. The run game and Kelce has been the issue.

No but the main problem
No pressure
1 sack in 2 game

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Murphy, for all the **** I've given him, has been great.

Marco Wilson was garbage in the 1st half. The whole D improved in the 2nd half.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Simmons, who knew all week his role would be drastically reduced while he improved on his practice habits"

I posted this in another thread

This guy is still struggling in practice?

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We owe a lot to the refs

We got some close calls, especially the holding call in the endzone

Didn't look like much to me compared to the rest of the game, but we got a break

We would never get these kind of calls in the past
We owed so many calls that we could get that same call for 5 years straight in every game and still not be even. Lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh. You pay Kyler all that money and only pass 44% of the time.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great win but...

In the interest of keeping it real we were awful through three quarters on offense and through the half on defense.

The game plan and scripted plays have been terrible. Unimaginative, basic trash. Not getting Kyler in rhythm at all and Kyler missing what few opportunities are there.

We only started playing when Kliff stopped playing scared of the pass rush, and when he did that I thought our O line owned them.

Great comeback, but we have to start much better. Through 2 games we have 7 first half points.
Here’s what I saw. In the second half we started calling plays that allowed Kyler to get the ball out quickly. The Raiders defense went into “ safe” mode. The other thing is we started to move the receivers across the field ever so slightly.
I also think the defense played closer to the LOS in the second half. There were less 12 yard cushions.
It’s great we won but everyone knows when you play 1 1/2 quarters of good football you will lose 80% of the time.
Let’s enjoy this one and hope it was the final “ wake up call”.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ugh. You pay Kyler all that money and only pass 44% of the time.

Does situation neutral mean when the game is tied they throw 44% of the time? If that's the case, I'm not sure I have a big issue with them trying to get the running game going, because we've seen how much better Murray's passing is, when the threat of the run is there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does situation neutral mean when the game is tied they throw 44% of the time? If that's the case, I'm not sure I have a big issue with them trying to get the running game going, because we've seen how much better Murray's passing is, when the threat of the run is there.

No, its within being up 7 or down 7. Says at the bottom.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isaiah Simmons played 14 snaps yesterday

How did this team go from "Let's build everything around Simmons" to 14 snaps? And why didn't they pick it up in practice?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose