The Durant Sweepstakes

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not 100% sure he wouldn’t want to go there just to play with Embiid. It’s a pretty easy trade as well; Maxey/Harris/picks for KD.

In regard to the 76ers future draft picks, they have already traded their 2023, 2025 and 2027 first round picks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are crazy. They reportedly asked for Brown AND Tatum from Boston. Hanging up the phone would be more respectful than asking for both of them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are crazy. They reportedly asked for Brown AND Tatum from Boston. Hanging up the phone would be more respectful than asking for both of them.

This is believable. Rumors are rampant all over the NBA that the Nets have been asking for outrageous returns for KD. Seriously, no wonder KD wants out. They are acting like teams are trading for a 24-year-old KD. Not the 34-year-old one someone will get.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how Durant would have made it easy on everyone, unless he is content to stay with the Nets.

I haven't read quotes from Kevin Durant nor the Nets owner on recent conversations. I'd like to hear more than sources.
If he made it clear from the start he had no intentions of playing for the Nets instead of leaving that open until recently? It definitly would have been easier. All the pressure would be on the Nets to take a more realistic deal.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Correct, but that doesn’t mean we should look for excuses for as to why he shouldn’t be.
How far off do you think he is from those guys you mentioned?
He may never be an Embid of Hakeem but he's as close as this team has ever been to having a player like that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How far off do you think he is from those guys you mentioned?
He may never be an Embid of Hakeem but he's as close as this team has ever been to having a player like that.
He can be, and is, as close as we’ve ever been, and at the same time still far away from those guys’ levels. When you use the suns history at the center position as the benchmark you’re setting a low bar for success.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he made it clear from the start he had no intentions of playing for the Nets instead of leaving that open until recently? It definitly would have been easier. All the pressure would be on the Nets to take a more realistic deal.

I'm not aware of any direct quotes from Durant, but all indications are he wanted to be traded from the Nets since around June.

If that wasn't clear, the last meeting with the owner should have left no doubt.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any direct quotes from Durant, but all indications are he wanted to be traded from the Nets since around June.

If that wasn't clear, the last meeting with the owner should have left no doubt.
All the rumors were basically the same. KD made no indications if he would still be willing to play for the Nets should a trade not work out. That takes all the pressure off the Nets to ask what they want no matter how outrageous. There is a reason KD's team changed their tactic recently with the Nash/Marks comments.

By the way, listening to their local radio. There is some guy named Begley that is claiming that KD's new preferred destination is Boston. He doesn't think it's likely for the Heat or the Suns to work out a viable trade so he thinks Boston might be the best landing spot for him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the rumors were basically the same. KD made no indications if he would still be willing to play for the Nets should a trade not work out. That takes all the pressure off the Nets to ask what they want no matter how outrageous. There is a reason KD's team changed their tactic recently with the Nash/Marks comments.

By the way, listening to their local radio. There is some guy named Begley that is claiming that KD's new preferred destination is Boston. He doesn't think it's likely for the Heat or the Suns to work out a viable trade so he thinks Boston might be the best landing spot for him.

I saw that as well... reportedly Boston and Philadelphia are at the top of the list. How much of that is opinion remains a question.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that as well... reportedly Boston and Philadelphia are at the top of the list. How much of that is opinion remains a question.
He seemed to indicate it was more than that. He said that KD is getting so anxious to get the deal done, he expanded the list, and said KD feels Boston might be his best bet to get that done. Seems to me like KD is not demanding a trade to Phoenix. He is just demanding a trade. Not familiar with this guy but he is indicating it's sourced.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boston is not going to gut their team to get KD. They were in the finals. They have a quality young nucleus.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston is not going to gut their team to get KD. They were in the finals. They have a quality young nucleus.
If the rumor is true, that they asked Boston for Tatum and Brown? That's hilarious. No way Boston does that. I could see them giving up Brown though. That's not unreasonable. The Nets are delusional if they think ANY contender is going to gut their team for KD.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seemed to indicate it was more than that. He said that KD is getting so anxious to get the deal done, he expanded the list, and said KD feels Boston might be his best bet to get that done. Seems to me like KD is not demanding a trade to Phoenix. He is just demanding a trade. Not familiar with this guy but he is indicating it's sourced.

It's interesting we never hear any quotes from Durant saying this.

I'm not saying the information isn't correct, I think I posted from the same source, but until we hear directly from Durant or his agent, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting we never hear any quotes from Durant saying this.

I'm not saying the information isn't correct, I think posted from the same source, but until we hear directly from Durant or his agent, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.
Not really that interesting. KD hasn't said ANYTHING directly about which teams he wants to play for including wanting to come to the Suns. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt. However, I doubt KD or his team sabotages any potential trade at this point if he is desperate to get out. We likely won't hear any specific team mentioned by KD unless things get really bad.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really that interesting. KD hasn't said ANYTHING about which teams he wants to play for including wanting to come to the Suns. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt. However, I doubt KD or his team sabotages any potential trade at this point if he is desperate to get out. We likely won't hear any specific team mentioned by KD unless things get really bad.

Other than hearsay, about the only thing we know for sure is the comments made by the Nets owner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than hearsay, about the only thing we know for sure is the comments made by the Nets owner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Which really wasn't much of a statement at all. I mean, what owner would say anything other than they will do what's best for their franchise?! I suspect that this is going to get uglier the longer it takes now. This was nothing more than a counter to KD's team's strategic statement about Nash/Marks to ensure he isn't coming back.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which really wasn't much of a statement at all. I mean, what owner would say anything other than they will do what's best for their franchise?! I suspect that this is going to get uglier the longer it takes now. This was nothing more than a counter to KD's team's strategic move to ensure he isn't coming back.

It's amazing how much we rely on the media to tell us what's going on behind the scene.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Which really wasn't much of a statement at all. I mean, what owner would say anything other than they will do what's best for their franchise?! I suspect that this is going to get uglier the longer it takes now. This was nothing more than a counter to KD's team's strategic statement about Nash/Marks to ensure he isn't coming back.
Tsai made a big mistake tweeting that out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tsai made a big mistake tweeting that out.
You think? It doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. I mean, KD asking Tsai to fire Nash/Marks seems like a much bigger deal. This comment seems to be saying "we will do what's best for our team, regardless of what KD wants". Seems like both sides are just firing the first salvo on what can likely get much uglier.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets owner almost had to say this in reaction to what Durant reportedly said.

The word "support" can be a fleeting thing.

Besides, if the Nets changed GMs, he would be making future decisions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose