Buying Eno hype???

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m actually looking forward to our run game this year. I think we have a deep stable & think that the rookie out of USC will contribute. Our offense fired on all cylinders when we had 2 healthy RB’s. Having 4 ready to contribute could make this offense one of the best.

Sadly it will be held back by a really bad run blocking line

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just something to talk about. It will have to be proven later.

It's still better to hear good things than bad things.
Especially with the newly-signed star QB out with a wrist/Covid, the star WR out suspended, the replacement that cost a 1st-rounder out with a hammy, the LT out sick, etc.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sadly it will be held back by a really bad run blocking line
I don’t disagree, but when our backs were both healthy last year, we ran it pretty good. One of the biggest reasons why our offense fell off last year was because our defense stopped forcing turnovers. We had many short fields the first half of the season, so our running game had more success. Especially with Murray being a running threat. In the 2nd half, not only was the D a sieve, but it didn’t create any short fields for the offense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t disagree, but when our backs were both healthy last year, we ran it pretty good. One of the biggest reasons why our offense fell off last year was because our defense stopped forcing turnovers. We had many short fields the first half of the season, so our running game had more success. Especially with Murray being a running threat. In the 2nd half, not only was the D a sieve, but it didn’t create any short fields for the offense.

I'd like to see a bit more invention in our run game. In Kliff's first season he had some nicely designed run plays. the last couple of season's have been a bit more basic.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'd like to see a bit more invention in our run game. In Kliff's first season he had some nicely designed run plays. the last couple of season's have been a bit more basic.
the very best run play in football is when you line up big on big, everybody knows your gonna run,...and you plow it up the middle for 4.

tricksy plays are cool and all... but it sure would be nice just to bully the defense for a change.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the very best run play in football is when you line up big on big, everybody knows your gonna run,...and you plow it up the middle for 4.

tricksy plays are cool and all... but it sure would be nice just to bully the defense for a change.

The problem is, we don't have the O line for power. We have one of the weakest underweight lines in the league. Hardly bully boys.

So we need more invention.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

We haven’t seen that since the Coryell years. There were years back in the 60’s & 70’s when we had 3-4 All-Pro Offensive Linemen. What we’ve almost never had in the last 60 years was a defense.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We haven’t seen that since the Coryell years. There were years back in the 60’s & 70’s when we had 3-4 All-Pro Offensive Linemen. What we’ve almost never had in the last 60 years was a defense.
While our Defense has been a problem over the years and my memory is fading, but names like Larry Wilson, Larry Stallings, Roger Wehrli, Jerry or Larry Stovall, Pat Fisher, Eric Hill, EJ(?) Junior, Aeneas Williams, Adrian Wilson (#24), and a couple of D-Line guys come to mind, but not their names (Owens?). Also the big DT from Purdue that we lost to Washington. So, we did have talent but not the money to keep them. JMO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially with the newly-signed star QB out with a wrist/Covid, the star WR out suspended, the replacement that cost a 1st-rounder out with a hammy, the LT out sick, etc.
I hear ya, but Hump was definitely out because he was about to sign a mega contract and he wasn't going to risk getting injured. Pretty much would any rational person would do in that scenario.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals didn't need to see much of running back Eno Benjamin in preseason games. Coaches already liked what they saw from the second-year pro out of Arizona State in organized team activities and mini-camp, and Benjamin carried it over into training camp.

It never seemed like Benjamin was competing for a roster spot. More like he had one locked up even before training camp started in July.

"This training camp went really well. And I think that kind of dates back to just this offseason, I've been in Texas ... just kind of working on timing and little things like that. And so I think I did a really good job with that, and that confidence just led into this whole preseason and training camp," Benjamin said.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
I would firmly plant myself in the positive outlook group on this board, but I just really don't get all the love for Eno so far. I need him to prove it come GAME TIME. All indications are is he is the backup to JC, so he may get that chance.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What his average for carry?
In preseason, he had 12 attempts for 35 yards (2.92 ypc avg), 0 TDs, with a long run of 8. He added 2 catches for 25 yards and 0 TDs (long of 20 yards).

In his regular season career (i.e., 2021), he's 17-59-0 (3.47 ypc avg) with a long of 10. He's also had 3 catches on 4 targets for 21 yards and 0 TDs.

So statistically... not much cause for optimism. But, he did make some nice snags of off-target passes.

...dave

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In preseason, he had 12 attempts for 35 yards (2.92 ypc avg), 0 TDs, with a long run of 8. He added 2 catches for 25 yards and 0 TDs (long of 20 yards).

In his regular season career (i.e., 2021), he's 17-59-0 (3.47 ypc avg) with a long of 10. He's also had 3 catches on 4 targets for 21 yards and 0 TDs.

So statistically... not much cause for optimism. But, he did make some nice snags of off-target passes.

...dave
Yeah not much attempts to judge him

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
7.2 yards per carry, today. Should not have gone away from him when he had the hot hand.

Decent job on the kick returns, but didn't know he was a back up kicker!
The more I see of Eno the more I like him. I like him and/or Williams in the game more than Conner. Conner didn’t seem right today. More tentative than usual.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I see of Eno the more I like him. I like him and/or Williams in the game more than Conner. Conner didn’t seem right today. More tentative than usual.
Didn’t seem right “today”?

He hasn’t seemed right in every game this year so far.

I’ve said for weeks now that Eno & Darrell are better than him & I wouldn’t be surprised if Ingram & Ward are too.