You just have to love & root for AJ Green

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, he had some boneheaded plays last year, but he had a really good year considering he had Covid & only had 1 year in this offense. I just love listening to the guy talk about what he wants to accomplish this late in a HOF career. AJ practices hard, plays hard, is extremely intelligent & is a great family man. I know more about him this year than last year, and I really like him as a person & player. I knows he’s long in the tooth, but this guy deserves a nice long deep trip into the playoffs. He’s a class act!

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree. We have two potential future HOF WR on the roster between AJ and Dhop. If AJ is more comfortable with the offense, that can go a long way in limiting some of the mental lapses he had. He can be a solid #2/#3 WR, along with Hollywood. Once Dhop is back in the fold, our starting 1-4 WR group is pretty legit. If they all stay healthy, there is no excuses for Kyler. Not to mention, our TE group should be one of the best we have had in years or possibly ever.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. We have two potential future HOF WR on the roster between AJ and Dhop. If AJ is more comfortable with the offense, that can go a long way in limiting some of the mental lapses he had. He can be a solid #2/#3 WR, along with Hollywood. Once Dhop is back in the fold, our starting 1-4 WR group is pretty legit. If they all stay healthy, there is no excuses for Kyler. Not to mention, our TE group should be one of the best we have had in years or possibly ever.

There was an article a few months ago where he detailed just how difficult Covid was for him. After reading that I sort of forgave him and took back my complaints from last year. It was evident from that it took him more than a month to get his wind back he was having to take rests and it was at the time D Hop was out injured and he was already playing more than we expected him to so the timing was just brutal for him.

He also made it quite clear it impacted his ability to have a "clear head" so some of his mistakes he said were directly attributable to that.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There was an article a few months ago where he detailed just how difficult Covid was for him. After reading that I sort of forgave him and took back my complaints from last year. It was evident from that it took him more than a month to get his wind back he was having to take rests and it was at the time D Hop was out injured and he was already playing more than we expected him to so the timing was just brutal for him.

He also made it quite clear it impacted his ability to have a "clear head" so some of his mistakes he said were directly attributable to that.
Similar things with Myles Garrett, etc.

A bit concerning with KM, but hoping for the best.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar things with Myles Garrett, etc.

A bit concerning with KM, but hoping for the best.

Covid now seems to be different than it was then. But yes it's concerning.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, he had some boneheaded plays last year, but he had a really good year considering he had Covid & only had 1 year in this offense. I just love listening to the guy talk about what he wants to accomplish this late in a HOF career. AJ practices hard, plays hard, is extremely intelligent & is a great family man. I know more about him this year than last year, and I really like him as a person & player. I knows he’s long in the tooth, but this guy deserves a nice long deep trip into the playoffs. He’s a class act!
Great post PA. He's been nothing but a professional since he came to us. Big fan despite his drop-off late last year. Glad he's back.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is so down on him. Yes, he had some miscues - especially the glaring one against GB. But the dude balled out for us for the most part. Faded after Covid, but I think we see that with several players everywhere. When you are an elite athlete, even a week off sets you back a lot. Anyway, I'm happy he's back and I like hearing this type of update on him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is so down on him. Yes, he had some miscues - especially the glaring one against GB. But the dude balled out for us for the most part. Faded after Covid, but I think we see that with several players everywhere. When you are an elite athlete, even a week off sets you back a lot. Anyway, I'm happy he's back and I like hearing this type of update on him.
I was so down on him because of the price tag. If you ask me which would I rather have on this team, AJ Green or Reddick, give me Reddick twice on Sunday. (Same money)

Looking at it this current WR climate with ridiculous salaries and it is a good deal.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Sure, I'd rather have Reddick too. But, we would still have to put someone in Green's place that could do for the offense what he does. Also, as others have pointed out on other threads, there are financial strategies Keim could have employed that theoretically could have given us both.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was so down on him because of the price tag. If you ask me which would I rather have on this team, AJ Green or Reddick, give me Reddick twice on Sunday. (Same money)

Looking at it this current WR climate with ridiculous salaries and it is a good deal.

Ridiculous deal really. Had 850 last year, probably 900 if he doesn't miss 1 with Covid and he's getting $3.5m.

Probably the best vet WR deal in the league.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, I'd rather have Reddick too. But, we would still have to put someone in Green's place that could do for the offense what he does. Also, as others have pointed out on other threads, there are financial strategies Keim could have employed that theoretically could have given us both.
The difference is that I wouldn't have had the doubt that I do on our edge with Reddick as I do now with the edge players that we drafted.

While Keim has busted plenty drafting WRs, I have more faith in our offense getting some production from our WR core with newly drafted players as a unit, than Vance Joseph and getting edge pressure with the picks he has, and his inability or unwillingness to play rookies.

Last edited:

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Since I would prefer Reddick over Green given the choice, I am aligned with you. Anyways, at least we have Isabella to backfill for Green.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I’ve always liked AJ - sad that Cincy went to the Super Bowl without him! After all those pathetic years when he was their best player. Dude must have the fortitude of an ox. he is good for cards and probably would have had 1000 yards last year, hope he has this year and a Super Bowl. I always wanted more targets to him instead of Moore. first year he wasn’t a number one, I still think he van take over a game, thought he did some last year. Can still be unstoppable if game planned. Will see, but 1/2 an AJ Green is better then most the NFL receivers. IMO

• In 2021, playing in his 11th NFL season at the age of 33 years old, Green's 15.7-yard receiving average was the second-highest of his career (averaged 16.3 yards per catch as a rookie in 2011 at 23 years old).

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I’d rather have Reddick than Green also but I don’t think it’s same pay.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His size alone can be a huge weapon of used properly. It’s up to the coaches to put players in the best position to produce the MOST! This is where KK fails far to often with his stupid sideways screens and poorly disguised running plays!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose