The Ayton Plan

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What trade packages are coming out of Miami for Durant? I have not read them.

Bam, Herro, and Robinson is the twitter scuttlebutt. Not bad to pair with Simmons assuming he isn't still mentally broken. I think we could beat that trio, but unlike Miami we can come in with picks and swaps to maybe keep Bridges or Cam J.

Damn, I wish we had Stix under contract...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bam, Herro, and Robinson is the twitter scuttlebutt. Not bad to pair with Simmons assuming he isn't still mentally broken. I think we could beat that trio, but unlike Miami we can come in with picks and swaps to maybe keep Bridges or Cam J.

Damn, I wish we had Stix under contract...
That seems like a no brainer in terms of what the Nets can get in return Suns vs Miami.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton to the Nets is done. Kyrie just opted in. He is staying. Welcome back Ayton!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton to the Nets is done. Kyrie just opted in. He is staying.
Speculation or did you read this some place? Kyrie opting in makes sense for Kyrie, I don't know what it says about the Nets, Ayton, Durant or even Kyrie's future.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speculation or did you read this some place? Kyrie opting in makes sense for Kyrie, I don't know what it says about the Nets, Ayton, Durant or even Kyrie's future.
Announced on the radio that Kyrie opted in. Now if they want to trade Kyrie is severely limits his trade options. I think they said only the Knicks have room?!? If KD was waiting to hear what happens with Kyrie sounds like he is now staying.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Announced on the radio that Kyrie opted in. Now if they want to trade Kyrie is severely limits his trade options. I think they said only the Knicks have room?!? If KD was waiting to hear what happens with Kyrie sounds like he is now staying.
Okay but what's the bearing on Ayton? And why would that make them want to trade Durant? It seems to me it's more likely a forerunner to a multiple team trade that puts Kyrie next to Lebron and Westbrook next to somebody else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If the Suns are going to have to give up something in the order of 3 first round picks to get Durant plus rotation players, one has to ask the question what could the Suns get in return if they attached those picks to expiring contracts and added to the core they already have.

It should be more than enough to get John Collins.

I'm not sure the Suns selling their soul to get Durant is the best option.
Late round picks and filler isn’t going to trump dejountey murray.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Expanded role in the offense
Ah. Man I would think that would be a given considering Paul should throttle back a bit and Ayton is heading into year 5. I mean, let him know he gets more touches but we expect a LOT more FTs. Like double (asking him to average 6 FTs shouldn’t be a huge ask).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay but what's the bearing on Ayton? And why would that make them want to trade Durant? It seems to me it's more likely a forerunner to a multiple team trade that puts Kyrie next to Lebron and Westbrook next to somebody else.
All the reports were that Durant was waiting on what happened to Kyrie. Meaning Durant isn't going anywhere now. Also, the reports were the reason Kyrie opted and decided to play for the Nets because they couldn't find any partners in a sign and trade.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ah. Man I would think that would be a given considering Paul should throttle back a bit and Ayton is heading into year 5. I mean, let him know he gets more touches but we expect a LOT more FTs. Like double (asking him to average 6 FTs shouldn’t be a huge ask).
Fair. I’d say the same thing to him

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All the reports were that Durant was waiting on what happened to Kyrie. Meting Durant is going anywhere now. Also, the reports were the reason Kyrie opted in is because his team couldn't find any trade partners.
If he opted out, he wouldn't have needed a trade partner.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he opted out, he wouldn't have needed a trade partner.
Sorry, those were two separate statements. I was just typing as they were talking. They said Kyrie's team couldn't find any trade partners in a sign and trade scenario. So, I think the implication was that he would just opt in and resolved to the fact he would play for the Nets next year. Which seems weird because there were many reports saying the Lakers were interested.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If the Spurs are willing to trade Murray for John Collins, they’ll sure as hell will be open to trading Murray for Ayton. If that’s on the table we have to explore it.
I’d explore it. But I also want to know why the spurs are looking to get off murray.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyrie is stupid, but he can do basic math evidently. He figured out how many years it would take him to make $37M with what was likely available to him in free agency and he wisely secured his bag.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the reports were that Durant was waiting on what happened to Kyrie. Meting Durant is going anywhere now. Also, the reports were the reason Kyrie opted in is because his team couldn't find any trade partners.
Okay, I re-read your original post and it all makes sense now. My confusion was that when you said "Ayton to the Nets is done", I thought you meant "it's a done deal".

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I re-read your original post and it all makes sense now. My confusion was that when you said "Ayton to the Nets is done", I thought you meant "it's a done deal".
Oh sorry.....I meant the trade scenario. It's what I get for typing and listening at the same time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose