Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brooklyn +500 now. Detroit odds falling to +300

You must be registered for see images attach

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
+400 now. Money must be pouring in on Brooklyn. Detroit +350.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This weekend, Someone I trust who has some inside knowledge told me he wants to play elsewhere and it would take more than $$$ to get his buy in again. Take that FWIW.
What constitutes “more than $$$?” Would Monty or jones need to go? Any players?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can’t help but think about what Colangelo would’ve done in this situation. My guess is he would’ve paid DA last offseason so this isn’t a thing.
For sure. With how desperate jerry perpetually was for a center there’s no way he wouldn’t have paid him last year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For sure. With how desperate jerry perpetually was for a center there’s no way he wouldn’t have paid him last year.

Jerry always took care of guys. I think it was Manning that came here on a handshake deal and Jerry still paid him even after he got hurt because he said he would.

He was a stand up guy all the way

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Bridges is getting an escalating 21-25K per year.
wasnt Bridges 1st team Defense? All the DA appologist claim DA defense is unquestioned
That's moving FAST.
God I hope Bridges in not included..... Ayton, filler (Crowder & Craig or Shamet) and a couple of 1st. Durant has a lot of miles and recent injury history that should be used as leverage to not gut the youth on the Suns

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wasnt Bridges 1st team Defense? All the DA appologist claim DA defense is unquestioned

God I hope Bridges in not included..... Ayton, filler (Crowder & Craig or Shamet) and a couple of 1st. Durant has a lot of miles and recent injury history that should be used as leverage to not gut the youth on the Suns

That would be a dream, but we'd at the minimum have to give up Ayton and one of Cam J and Bridges. They'll want both and likely insist on Bridges.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Jerry always took care of guys. I think it was Manning that came here on a handshake deal and Jerry still paid him even after he got hurt because he said he would.

He was a stand up guy all the way
Yeah.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns are going to have to give up something in the order of 3 first round picks to get Durant plus rotation players, one has to ask the question what could the Suns get in return if they attached those picks to expiring contracts and added to the core they already have.

It should be more than enough to get John Collins.

I'm not sure the Suns selling their soul to get Durant is the best option.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lost in the Brooklyn hype, SA is now +500 up from +900 earlier.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His role would have been expanded if he was more aggressive. This narrative that he "sacrificed" is pure fiction.
I don't know if I agree with either. I don't buy the "sacrificed" part like you, but I do believe this system isn't built around a center either. Book/CP3 are ball dominant that wouldn't change no matter how aggressive Ayton is. You are not changing that system to accommodate Ayton either, but he definitely would see a few more touches. On another team? It likely would be different.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know if I agree with either. I don't buy the "sacrificed" part like you, but I do believe this system isn't built around a center either. Book/CP3 are ball dominant that wouldn't change no matter how aggressive Ayton is. You are not changing that system to accommodate Ayton either, but he definitely would see a few more touches. On another team? It likely would be different.
I'm not talking about the system. Look at virtually any game thread, even the ones where we win. How many times do you see posts about Ayton not going up strong? Shying away from being fouled?

Yes, part of it is him not getting the ball. But there's a difference between the "system" dictating he doesn't get the ball and his teammates not having the confidence in him to make the correct strong play? CP3 isn't a ball hog. If he had confidence that DA could do what needed to be done, he would have given him the ball more. The problem is really when Ayton DOES have the ball.

Look, I like DA and I think he has more to offer. But is waiting for that worth a max contract? The fact that the question is being asked doesn't mean that he's a bad player, but is he worthy of the same deals Trae Young and Luka Doncic got? But Ayton apologists are using this "sacrifice" line to show that Ayton has no culpability in this.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Gambo it still appears with some in the organization still think Ayton will be back but no talks until Friday. The Suns are NOT interested in any trades involving players with one year left on their contract. Also, it appears the Suns have been telling teams they will match any offer which has scarred teams away from making any direct offers to Ayton. The Suns are ONLY interested in a player in return that has multiple years left on their contract (i.e. KD).

Also, said Detroit is signaling it's out which is what everyone is saying. Atlanta doesn't want to give Ayton a max type deal which I hadn't heard. So, it sounds like unless a Darkhorse emerges? It's going to be Detroit, Nets or the Suns. I think Detroit is out unless those rumors are a ploy. So, IMO it's Nets or welcome back Ayton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently, on some book sites? They have shut down betting that KD will go to the Suns. I guess the betting is out of control on that move. LOL.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In random betting news, BetOnline.ag has Bradley Beal to the Suns at +1600 LMAO

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Heat seem to be an often mentioned destination for KD, but one important note is that they don't own their 2023 1st rounder so they wouldn't be able to trade a pick until 2025, but maybe that is not a problem as the 2023 and 2024 pick will likely be late with KD in the fold.

Edit: it actually looks like Miami's 2023 pick is protected and it potentially would not convey until 2026. So the earliest pick Miami could trade would be 2028. Right? That's a huge advantage for the Suns over Miami.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In random betting news, BetOnline.ag has Bradley Beal to the Suns at +1600 LMAO

Bradley Beal will likely decline his option with the Wizards and re-sign with them for 5 years / $248 million.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat seem to be an often mentioned destination for KD, but one important note is that they don't own their 2023 1st rounder so they wouldn't be able to trade a pick until 2025, but maybe that is not a problem as the 2023 and 2024 pick will likely be late with KD in the fold.

Edit: it actually looks like Miami's 2023 pick is protected and it potentially would not convey until 2026. So the earliest pick Miami could trade would be 2028. Right? That's a huge advantage for the Suns over Miami.
What trade packages are coming out of Miami for Durant? I have not read them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose