The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Calling guys bums after winning a title is pretty classless.
meh. heat of the moment, yet on point. It's no less classless than Jackson making his tweet after a regular season victory over the dubs. If he can't stand the heat, stay out of the Tweet.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh. heat of the moment.
I don't know the background of this at all but from just reading the headlines it doesn't seem all that "heat of the moment" to me. Sure, he'd have been exhilirated following the game but if it's an old tweet, it sounds like maybe it's been on his mind for awhile unless someone just informed him about it for the first time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what rivalry I want to see? The Suns acquiring KG. Can you imagine the story headlines all year long? Suns vs GS matchup in the playoffs would be the biggest story by far. That would be the start of something beautiful.

I have no issue with the Suns getting KG. Loved the guy but he's retired so it won't have any impact.

I know you meant KD it would be interesting but I think KD's current intent is trying to lure more guys to the Nets.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no issue with the Suns getting KG. Loved the guy but he's retired so it won't have any impact.

I know you meant KD it would be interesting but I think KD's current intent is trying to lure more guys to the Nets.
Yeah I think the Suns have a nearly equal chance of winning the 2022 NBA championship as they do of landing KD. As far as I know this rumor is built primarily on the comment Durant once made about liking the Scottsdale night life.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh. heat of the moment, yet on point. It's no less classless than Jackson making his tweet after a regular season victory over the dubs. If he can't stand the heat, stay out of the Tweet.
Jesus. It’s okay to just say “yeah… that’s being a douche.” Is that the way you’d hope your kid reacts when winning a game?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I thought he was talking about Kendall Gill

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Jesus. It’s okay to just say “yeah… that’s being a douche.” Is that the way you’d hope your kid reacts when winning a game?
You’re being dramatic. It’s basketball: trash talk is party of the game. It’s a fart in the wind.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually not sure I agree. There was an article not that long ago saying KD has been really really silent since the offseason. I wouldn't be shocked if he is trying to get out of dodge. I have not seen any indications he is trying to get guys to come there.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Klay just be happy you have Steph to rescue you. Enjoy the ride and I hope you never taste the finals again...thanks bye

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Klay just be happy you have Steph to rescue you. Enjoy the ride and I hope you never taste the finals again...thanks bye
Yeah particularly douchy when you just had your ass pulled along to a championship

17pts on 35% shooting with 3 rebs and 2 assists - literally all way down from regular season averages.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah particularly douchy when you just had your ass pulled along to a championship

17pts on 35% shooting with 3 rebs and 2 assists - literally all way down from regular season averages.

Sure but given what he went through I can't really complain.

He didn't need to say it but he was talking about the concept of Strength in Numbers and then said you guys might not like this but that reminds me of and then told the Jackson story. So he didn't walk up to the podium with the intent of calling him out.

Klay is clearly on the way down, he's still a great shooter but he hasn't accepted yet that he can't make some of teh shots he used to, he's still taking them and that's why his numbers aren't great.

as for worse than regular season, they were literally playing against statistically the best defense in the league, that's not unexpected and it's what makes Steph so amazing. He broke the best defense in the league while being guarded by a DPOY.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually not sure I agree. There was an article not that long ago saying KD has been really really silent since the offseason. I wouldn't be shocked if he is trying to get out of dodge. I have not seen any indications he is trying to get guys to come there.

You may be right I've been focused on the Warriors so I haven't really paid attention to him beyond I read there was some rift between him and Kyrie

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure but given what he went through I can't really complain.

He didn't need to say it but he was talking about the concept of Strength in Numbers and then said you guys might not like this but that reminds me of and then told the Jackson story. So he didn't walk up to the podium with the intent of calling him out.

Klay is clearly on the way down, he's still a great shooter but he hasn't accepted yet that he can't make some of teh shots he used to, he's still taking them and that's why his numbers aren't great.

as for worse than regular season, they were literally playing against statistically the best defense in the league, that's not unexpected and it's what makes Steph so amazing. He broke the best defense in the league while being guarded by a DPOY.

Jesus. You guys are laughable. Really… it’s okay to call your player a douche when he’s acting like one. A lot of us did it with Book when he was coining “The Luka Special” after we killed them in Game 5.

I’ll never understand fans so slavishly devoted to thei fabs and players that they’re willing to make themselves look like fools defending them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus. You guys are laughable. Really… it’s okay to call your player a douche when he’s acting like one. A lot of us did it with Book when he was coining “The Luka Special” after we killed them in Game 5.

I’ll never understand fans so slavishly devoted to thei fabs and players that they’re willing to make themselves look like fools defending them.

I didn't actually comment on what he said beyond explaining how it happened. I did say earlier he didn't need to say it.

We just won the title less than 24 hours ago, still trying to enjoy it so you feel free to call Klay a douche and I'll feel free to enjoy the win.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Why are you getting so up in arms about this? Perhaps we don’t think he was being a douche… have you considered that?

It’s called trash talk to a player who mocked their strength and they are the ones who won the title. You’re completely entitled to your own opinion. Stop Trying to project it onto us.