The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I watched the first half, and that was some terrible basketball. Lots of ball watching, no movement, ISO offense. Just horrible. Pissed me off because if the Suns just played their 2021-2022 average in the playoffs, they smoke everyone.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the Warriors beat a healthy Bucks team? I realize the Suns benefitted from injuries last year, but a healthy Bucks team beats Boston and Miami. I think the Bucks beat the Warriors.

Hard to say they can't stop Greek Freak and Jrue great defender on Steph but so was Smart.

In the postgame now on local tv Kerr made the point about how good the Warrior defense was. Boston had the best D in the league, Boston had all this rim protection with Williams and Horford which allows the other guys to extend their pressure. As Kerr said people don't realize how hard it is to play as aggressively on defense as the Warriors do, all that switching, and NOT have a rim protector back there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's good to see the long suffering Warriors win a championship.

You have to have perspective. I became a fan at the age of 9, 1975. We won that year and then went 40 years without a title. Had one of the worst owners in the league for ages with Meuli. He let Rick Barry, Jamaal Wilkes and Phil Smith all leave that title team over money.

I went to games where Wesley Cox was the starting C. 40 years without a title most of that time not even being relevant.

So recent yeah magic, whole lotta magic.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to have perspective. I became a fan at the age of 9, 1975. We won that year and then went 40 years without a title. Had one of the worst owners in the league for ages with Meuli. He let Rick Barry, Jamaal Wilkes and Phil Smith all leave that title team over money.

I went to games where Wesley Cox was the starting C. 40 years without a title most of that time not even being relevant.

So recent yeah magic, whole lotta magic.

hell how did I forget losing Gus Williams over money?

Meuli was very much like Bidwill Sr he just didn't seem to care if they won he just wanted to be careful with his money.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
No way are the Warriors winning anything next year. Klay and Green are over the hill, Curry is another year older, and the rest of the team just isn't that good. Plus repeating is just getting more difficult, and those guys won't be hungry enough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way are the Warriors winning anything next year. Klay and Green are over the hill, Curry is another year older, and the rest of the team just isn't that good. Plus repeating is just getting more difficult, and those guys won't be hungry enough.
If their young guys like Kuminga and Moody take the same step forward Poole did, they can absolutely contend next year. And they’ll prob be a ring chasing FA spot again.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm not saying they will be terrible, but they aren't winning the championship.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
GSW’s window is open for 2 more seasons, as is. If Kuminga, Moody, Weismann somehow take big leaps the window extends.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klay Thompson being not so classy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah unless Poole, Kuminga and Wiseman all make big jumps the Warriors will fall back next year. That's what made this year so special it was likely the last chance for awhile

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klay Thompson being not so classy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

i said it all series the Warriors and memphis do NOT like each other.

Probably didn't need to say it but it's part of reality now people put things out on Twitter and then get called on it later.

Memphis is going to be really good next year and they'll get their chance to go back at Klay

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i said it all series the Warriors and memphis do NOT like each other.

Probably didn't need to say it but it's part of reality now people put things out on Twitter and then get called on it later.

Memphis is going to be really good next year and they'll get their chance to go back at Klay

I'm with the he "probably didn't need to say it" part.

As long as Curry is healthy and surrounded by good players, the Warriors will always be title contenders.

I don't see his game falling off for a long time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. NBA needs rivalry.
You know what rivalry I want to see? The Suns acquiring KD. Can you imagine the story headlines all year long? Suns vs GS matchup in the playoffs would be the biggest story by far. That would be the start of something beautiful.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose