If you could make 3 free agent signings who would they be?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have around $11m in available cap space and the Cards probably want to keep at least $4m.

If you could sign 3 players to improve the roster from current FA's who would they be?

List of FA's below

Last edited:
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to say,

Larry Ogunjobi - Similar to his bears deal 3 years $40m back weighted to fit in this year.

Robert Alford - There are other options, but the one that knows the scheme and players is the best option

Tak McKinley - We don't have a lot of money and I'm concerned about the lack of experience in our edge room. I at least want someone in camp to compete for s spot and I'm intrigued what McKinley could do at OLB.

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
The 3 free agents I would sign as follows:
1. Danny Shelton, 6' 2" 339lbs. Nose tackle that clogs the middle.
2. Robert Alford, CB
3. Kevin King, 6'3" 200. stock the back end.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The 3 free agents I would sign as follows:
1. Danny Shelton, 6' 2" 339lbs. Nose tackle that clogs the middle.
2. Robert Alford, CB
3. Kevin King, 6'3" 200. stock the back end.
Gambo said the Cards will sign a vet CB and King is one "he likes"

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Kevin King
I still want to see what Bashaud Breeland can do.
Eddie Goldman
Robert Alford

Hoping we can get some better help from cuts though.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. Sheldon Richardson - Veteran DL who can rush passer and play the run.
2. Anthony Barr - 4 down OLB who can play run & pass. Let him go after the QB and his sack totals will go up (example - Lorenzo Alexander in BUF).
3. Xavier Rhodes - Big & durable CB who has been productive throughout his career. He gets nod over Kevin King because King has never played a full 16 game season in his career.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I honestly don't trust myself on this stuff. This is where the pro personnel types earn their livings. I thought Robert Alford was super-washed and he played better for longer than J.J. Watt did.

They're gonna find three guys who we squeal about being JAGs and wonder why we didn't sign some hollowed-out former first-round pick because we've heard of him. Then they'll play like 61% of the snaps and be okay. THEN we'll be mad if we don't re-sign them.

We'll also be mad if we do.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I honestly don't trust myself on this stuff. This is where the pro personnel types earn their livings. I thought Robert Alford was super-washed and he played better for longer than J.J. Watt did.

They're gonna find three guys who we squeal about being JAGs and wonder why we didn't sign some hollowed-out former first-round pick because we've heard of him. Then they'll play like 61% of the snaps and be okay. THEN we'll be mad if we don't re-sign them.

I don't know what I ever did to you to deserve this personal attack...lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Voice of reason. There is often a good reason that guys like Anthony Barr haven't been signed. For all we know, he might be demanding $15 million per season, and the medicals on his left knee show that he will slow down real soon.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if he is still out there at this point, he isnt getting that

It only because of the injury though. I think when he clears there will be several interested teams. He was one of the first players signed when FA opened.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kevin King
I still want to see what Bashaud Breeland can do.
Eddie Goldman
Robert Alford

Hoping we can get some better help from cuts though.

Breeland isn't on the roster anymore. What happened to him?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm going to say,

Larry Ogunjobi - Similar to his bears deal 3 years $40m back weighted to fit in this year.

Robert Alford - There are other options, but the one that knows the scheme and players is the best option

Tak McKinley - We don't have a lot of money and I'm concerned about the lack of experience in our edge room. I at least want someone in camp to compete for s spot and I'm intrigued what McKinley could do at OLB.
People have balked at the idea of bringing Alford back but I think it makes a ton of sense...Especially if it's a veterans minimum deal.

IF he stays healthy I think he is a solid contributor/starter in this league. I that that's a BIG if, but the risk/reward makes sense to me.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say,

as a UCLA guy Tak to me is a tease, he has talent but he's just never as productive as hoped. I also think he's a tweener he bulked up after he got into the NFL and his sack numbers have never been the same. He was productive rushing the passer but too small to play run defense. now he's still a mediocre run defender and not nearly the pass rusher IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Voice of reason. There is often a good reason that guys like Anthony Barr haven't been signed. For all we know, he might be demanding $15 million per season, and the medicals on his left knee show that he will slow down real soon.

no inside info but Barr hasn't been the same since he came back after 2020. He didn't play a full year last year his stats were ok but I saw them a few times because I had Cook on my fantasy team he's just not nearly as athletic. Drafted as a pass rusher moved inside, 4 pro bowls, very solid player, kind of seems washed to me

Also this HAS to be the year where Simmons and Collins take over full time inside, if we bring in a veteran I think it'll be too easy for us to do what we did before and just give play Barr and Vigil together like they did in Minnesota. For me this is a make or break year for both Simmons and Collins, less Collins because it's only year 2 but they HAVE to step up this year.

Always liked Barr and he can still play but he's on the clear downside of his career I would hate for him to be taking reps away from Simmons or Collins right now.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They should sign....

TheOaken1......DT/NT

Shane.....LB/Edge

Thesmel.......OG

stop the run,...control the clock.... thats winning football.. oh, and did I mention these are vet minimum deals?? Cap smart!!

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
as a UCLA guy Tak to me is a tease, he has talent but he's just never as productive as hoped. I also think he's a tweener he bulked up after he got into the NFL and his sack numbers have never been the same. He was productive rushing the passer but too small to play run defense. now he's still a mediocre run defender and not nearly the pass rusher IMO.

He's always played as a DE which really doesn't suit his size which is naturally 255-260.

He's only 26. It's a super low risk cheap move with a tonne of upside and no downside.

Get him to 255 and with his sub 4.6 speed and 35" arm length I only see potential. Worst case you lose a few 100k cutting him at the end of camp.