The Lincoln Lawyer (Netflix)

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really enjoying this, I like this guy way more than the movie version. Not the most ethical attorney by any means, but a good watch.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's next on my list. I'm finishing up the Wilds Season 2 on Prime right now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first 2 episodes, so far I like it. I love ex wife #2 the one who works with him still.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I liked it.. the last episode had a few too many twists and turns though - keeping track could give you whiplash!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Agreed on ex wife #2.

Turns out the reason she looks familiar to me is she was on the last episode of Charmed which was technically supposed to be the first episode of the spinoff. She was supposed to be one of the new sisters but then the series got cancelled. I had seen part of that episode last week. Probably 15 years ago now but that's why she looked familiar to me.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Finished it tonight. It is getting good ratings so looking forward to season 2, hopefully.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, the dialog seems very stilted and no 2 characters appear to have any chemistry. Cisco and ex-wife got nuttin' going. Trevor looks so much like Joe Buck it's hardly bearable to look at him. Meh..

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest objection so far is how he seems to be able to win cases in like 5 minutes. Oh that jewelry is fake, oh she wasn't actually publicly naked until officers made her get out of the water etc. It's funny but not exactly plausible.

I do like it. I really like the Izzy character too although that's a bit contrived how she got the job.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The Brass Verdict is the 2nd book in the Lincoln Lawyer series. It is common for him to hire a former client as his driver.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My biggest objection so far is how he seems to be able to win cases in like 5 minutes. Oh that jewelry is fake, oh she wasn't actually publicly naked until officers made her get out of the water etc. It's funny but not exactly plausible.

I do like it. I really like the Izzy character too although that's a bit contrived how she got the job.
Not exactly ethical how he tricks the judge on some of those, like with the jewelry appraiser, but it's a fun watch.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished Season 1 I really like the show. izzy is now my favorite character I hope she's in Season 2.

The ending was good although the very last bit of the ending confused the heck out of me but I guess that was the point.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it as well.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fwiw, my wife plays Mahjong with several middle aged ladies.... she said the topic of discussion was how hot
Manuel Garcia-Rulfo is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fwiw, my wife plays Mahjong with several middle aged ladies.... she said the topic of discussion was how hot
Manuel Garcia-Rulfo is.
I can see it, he is a good looking man.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First 5 episodes of Season 2 are on Netflix now. I started watching and before I knew it I had binge watched all 5. It's still good. the main actor seems to have lost weight but all the regulars are back. I love his first ex wife that works with him, I love Izzy, the woman who plays Glory Days is gorgeous. The DA this year is Ya Ya Dacosta who somehow I've never heard of before but she's absolutely stunning and great in this role. I googled her name last night and all the comments online were like how is this woman not incredibly famous.

I strongly dislike the lead character in the new story for this year, i won't spoil it but can't stand her at all.

Apparently the last 5 episodes of Season 2 start in Sept.

Really like this show, it's probably completely unrealistic on the courtroom scenes but it's good tv IMO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First 5 episodes of Season 2 are on Netflix now. I started watching and before I knew it I had binge watched all 5. It's still good. the main actor seems to have lost weight but all the regulars are back. I love his first ex wife that works with him, I love Izzy, the woman who plays Glory Days is gorgeous. The DA this year is Ya Ya Dacosta who somehow I've never heard of before but she's absolutely stunning and great in this role. I googled her name last night and all the comments online were like how is this woman not incredibly famous.

I strongly dislike the lead character in the new story for this year, i won't spoil it but can't stand her at all.

Apparently the last 5 episodes of Season 2 start in Sept.

Really like this show, it's probably completely unrealistic on the courtroom scenes but it's good tv IMO.
Pretty much agree with everything you said. This isn't amazing TV, but it is good TV. Good enough to binge all 5 in one sitting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose