Suns Off-season Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, if the deal with God (or the devil) is we can only get rid of Sarver if we also accept losing Ayton… I pack Ayton’s bags and drive him to the airport.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I agree... getting rid of Sarver is a much longer term win than anything else that might potentially happen this off season. As long as he is the primary owner here, the Suns are stuck between the proverbial rock and the other rock.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Apparently there was a sub on reddit that detailed why Sarver will be forced to sell then it was deleted. From what I heard it sounded like inside info. The Internet y’all .

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently there was a sub on reddit that detailed why Sarver will be forced to sell then it was deleted. From what I heard it sounded like inside info. The Internet y’all .

It's not true unless Flex says it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s starting to hint again…
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That’s a horrible trade. Poeltl is a serviceable big man that’s it.

A mini Bridges? Oh so he will be wildly inconsistent on offense and can’t create. Nice

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I thought it might be worth considering especially if it includes the #9 pick.

Jakob Poelt is an expiring contract so this would have to be resolved.

Devin Vassell is a very good young player and the 9th pick would make the trade more acceptable.

Bottom line, the Spurs are doing it because they think they are adding a star in Ayton. That organization doesn't get a lot wrong.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jakob Poelt is an expiring contract so this would have to be resolved.

Devin Vassell is a very good young player and the 9th pick would make the trade more acceptable.

Bottom line, the Spurs are doing it because they think they are adding a star in Ayton. That organization doesn't get a lot wrong.

If this team helps out the Spurs in anyway I’m gonna lose my ****

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If it comes down to a sign and trade I can't get excited about it.

The Pacers have more of the players I want but it would be easier to get a sign and trade done with the Spurs because the salaries fit within the $19 million the Suns can get in return.

I'm not so sure the Suns wouldn't use draft picks to move unwanted salary.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't know, I thought it might be worth considering especially if it includes the #9 pick.
I’d take Keldon Johnson over the 9th pick but we’d have to pay him next year. Vassell is an average wing. San Antonio is a bad trade partner.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s starting to hint again…
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Which is it? We are in a unique position to get a "superstar" or are we trading basically for role players and the #9? Got to give it to Flex. He is trying to cover all his bases.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. There is simply no way this team helps the Spurs land a player that could haunt us for years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just based on this tweet alone, it looks like the first one with the superstar was based on his so-called "sources", this one just sounds like something he came up with on his own.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he’s not a unicorn. Really good but he’s not special and special is what wins championships
Actually I think he is special, just not quite special enough to carry a team to a championship. To be fair, I think that's true of all but maybe one or two players.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually I think he is special, just not quite special enough to carry a team to a championship. To be fair, I think that's true of all but maybe one or two players.

I think Giannis is that one guy. Maybe Kawhi and KD were those guys for a few seasons. Anyone of those three could take some solid role players and win. KD's legacy is a bit tarnished because he joined the Warriors imo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading a potential star in Ayton for mediocrity in return seldom works. The Suns could have drafted Vassell.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs to me are irrelevant now. Yeah, we have history, but whatever. I'm not threatened by them with or without DA, especially with Pop so close to retiring.
I will believe Pop retires when I see it. Also, it's not DA by himself that's the issue. Like most NBA players, if you are an UFA or part of trade talks you want to go to a team with solid pieces. It makes them more attractive as a team to draw in other players.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading a potential star in Ayton for mediocrity in return seldom works. The Suns could have drafted Vassell.
Trading a potential star seldom works. But if we're forced to move him, I like the suggested San Antonio deal as long as it includes a top 10 pick. If we trade DA, we're getting less than equal value no matter who we deal with IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton and Dejounte Murray would be the Spurs ticket to relevancy while the Suns try to build around Devin Booker... again.

Chris Paul may well be gone after the season.

Don't trade stars unless you can get a star or potential star in return.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard