The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turned it on, watched for 30 seconds and had zero watching ever again this season.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I know Luka is public enemy 1 on here. He and the entire Mavericks squad took a lot of criticism after game 2, me included. Luka overweight and has no one else on his squad to help him. Mind you this is with doncic scoring 30-40 points not completely disappearing like every other player on both sides did at some point in that series. A lot of Dallas people were saying he needs to stop talking to fans and players, yet that seemed to motivate him and his teammates in the end. Mavs role players stepped up in a big way. I don’t expect them to beat GS in this series, but I do think they have a chance if they keep playing the way they have since January. If that remains the same, this will be a 6 or 7 game series as well with Dallas having a chance.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Luka is public enemy 1 on here. He and the entire Mavericks squad took a lot of criticism after game 2, me included. Luka overweight and has no one else on his squad to help him. Mind you this is with doncic scoring 30-40 points not completely disappearing like every other player on both sides did at some point in that series. A lot of Dallas people were saying he needs to stop talking to fans and players, yet that seemed to motivate him and his teammates in the end. Mavs role players stepped up in a big way. I don’t expect them to beat GS in this series, but I do think they have a chance if they keep playing the way they have since January. If that remains the same, this will be a 6 or 7 game series as well with Dallas having a chance.
Nah, that's still Pat Beverley for most of us.

Even with CP3 at his worst (which we saw), this Suns team is still a pretty decent team. And the Mavs dominated them the last two games. That's not a fluke. Now, maybe they were so underrated that they played the series with house money and the pressure will now catch up with them but I think they can give GS a battle.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Nah, that's still Pat Beverley for most of us.

Even with CP3 at his worst (which we saw), this Suns team is still a pretty decent team. And the Mavs dominated them the last two games. That's not a fluke. Now, maybe they were so underrated that they played the series with house money and the pressure will now catch up with them but I think they can give GS a battle.
True and many of you are very complimentary of Luka. Beverly is annoying. He definitely acts like a goon, we all know his role is to sacrifice himself in order to take out a star player. I was surprised to hear him giving Luka some love given their history. I didn’t think those two like each other. But it may highlight the fact that on the court these players talk a lot and in the heat of the moment they say dumb things. But off the court they probably do respect each other.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True and many of you are very complimentary of Luka. Beverly is annoying. He definitely acts like a goon, we all know his role is to sacrifice himself in order to take out a star player. I was surprised to hear him giving Luka some love given their history. I didn’t think those two like each other. But it may highlight the fact that on the court these players talk a lot and in the heat of the moment they say dumb things. But off the court they probably do respect each other.

I dont think anyone likes Pat Bev, except his teammates...well because their his teammates.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if it's just one game, it is always great to see the Celtics lose.

:band:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone likes Pat Bev, except his teammates...well because their his teammates.
Some of his teammates love him but he's been one of the more unliked co-workers during his NBA tenure, right up there with CP3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Otto Porter cleared to play tonight is good news.

Reaction score
Am I against this entire forum in rooting for the Mavericks against the Borriors?

If so, sorry to hear that, but we must have different priorities. I didn't hate the Spurs for beating the Suns in the 2000s, and I don't hate the Mavericks for beating the Suns now. They were doing their job. Anyway, why would I like the Borriors to lose? Because I strongly believe the league hopes to see the Borriors in the finals, because that will make mo' money. I hate the league much more than any Suns opponent, so I want the league's favored team(s) brought down.

Like I said before: let these be not exactly the "we believe" Mavericks, but the "**** the NBA" Mavericks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I against this entire forum in rooting for the Mavericks against the Borriors?

If so, sorry to hear that, but we must have different priorities. I didn't hate the Spurs for beating the Suns in the 2000s, and I don't hate the Mavericks for beating the Suns now. They were doing their job. Anyway, why would I like the Borriors to lose? Because I strongly believe the league hopes to see the Borriors in the finals, because that will make mo' money. I hate the league much more than any Suns opponent, so I want the league's favored team(s) brought down.

Like I said before: let these be not exactly the "we believe" Mavericks, but the "**** the NBA" Mavericks.
I don't believe any team in the finals would bring more interest internationally than the Mavericks. Not that I believe that matters as I don't accept that the league "fixes" outcomes for profit.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the attack Luka on defense plan and so far its' working great start for Wiggins and Looney. 12 of the 16 points directly or indirectly off Luka. But the defense is not good at all and Steph in particular unless it's the plan he's showing and leaving so quickly he's not giving Wiggins time to recover.

I like the draymond on Brunson plan I was concerned about him posting up Steph

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy the number of open 3's they've missed already we could easily be behind. 0-4 on FT's including another 0-2 from Steph this is just such a weird playoffs for him shooting FT's

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great quarter for Wiggins and Looney.

2-5 on ft's from Steph the mystery continues

Reaction score
I don't believe any team in the finals would bring more interest internationally than the Mavericks. Not that I believe that matters as I don't accept that the league "fixes" outcomes for profit.
Well, I avoided saying the league "fixes" games, and claimed only that they nevertheless want the Borriors to win. They hope. The system can be beaten, as it was by the Mavericks in 2011, and that proves that the NBA's manipulation will go only so far. This isn't professional wrestling, and there's no need to think that ways of manipulating outcomes must be crude. Influence on games probably occurs more subtly. Doing things such as letting a bad call stand after the call ruined a game.

For me to claim the NBA "fixes" games would be like these people on other Suns media who claim that the Suns players took bribes from organized crime.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It’s not really a good sign for the Warriors that they’re shooting 65% from the field and Dallas is only shooting 28% and it’s less than 10 point lead.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose