Is this the best Suns team ever?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oilers v Bills
That one is atrocious as well but the Bills were at home and favorites. Oilers were an underdog wild-card team.

Suns, title favorites, at home, previously up 2-0 in the series and talked mad trash… and get embarrassed worse than anything since 1948.

OP
OP
nashman

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That one is atrocious as well but the Bills were at home and favorites. Oilers were an underdog wild-card team.

Suns, title favorites, at home, previously up 2-0 in the series and talked mad trash… and get embarrassed worse than anything since 1948.
Talked mad trash is a huge overstatement, what’s this mad trash they talked? Booker joking with a fan Luka special? Mad trash?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And I don’t think Booker was playing gutless I think him and Crowder were putting the most and rightfully so out there they just couldn’t hit anything. The were blitzing the crap out of Book that was their game plan period make anyone not named Book beat us!
I concede, book wasn’t gutless. He was frantic, outta control, and shockingly wasn’t ready for that stage. He crumbled under the spotlight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Talked mad trash is a huge overstatement, what’s this mad trash they talked? Booker joking with a fan Luka special? Mad trash?
If you think the luka special was the only thing book did . . . well, you don’t know book. The commentators talked about all the chirping between he and luka almost all series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding? They were talking trash to him and the Dallas bench in Game 2 while they were torching Luka in the fourth.

And ALL of us were eating it up.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding? They were talking trash to him and the Dallas bench in Game 2 while they were torching Luka in the fourth.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I cringed every time I saw them doing it. And to be fair, while we did far too much of it, the trash talking was NOT one-sided. We're the only ones looking stupid from it though, since we got our butts kicked.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority but I cringed every time I saw them doing it. And to be fair, while we did far too much of it, the trash talking was NOT one-sided. We're the only ones looking stupid from it though, since we got our butts kicked.
Same here. Absolutely cringeworthy. I kept getting flashbacks of the Lakers doing it to us last year, and what a bad look it was. I was embarrassed for Karl Anthony Towns this year. I cannot believe we became this crap too. And we don't have a championship to back up our talk like the Lakers do. Disgusting.

OP
OP
nashman

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ehhh, they were talking trash and we responded not like we were a huge trash talking team. Luka is a trash talking jerk so of course Book will respond but it’s not like our whole team was trash talking the entire series like you made it sound. Pretty standard for a chippy playoff series IMO…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhh, they were talking trash and we responded not like we were a huge trash talking team. Luka is a trash talking jerk so of course Book will respond but it’s not like our whole team was trash talking the entire series like you made it sound. Pretty standard for a chippy playoff series IMO…
“They we’re talking trash” while getting their asses kicked in Game 2? No. In zero universe did that happen. And then we kept talking trash in the post game about our “revenge tour” as if the series was already over.

Booker is getting clowned about the Luka Special for a reason. It’s because it made him look like a total idiot.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“They we’re talking trash” while getting their asses kicked in Game 2? No. In zero universe did that happen. And then we kept talking trash in the post game about our “revenge tour” as if the series was already over.

Booker is getting clowned about the Luka Special for a reason. It’s because it made him look like a total idiot.
I was on Twitter after all those games and I couldn't believe the Booker hate. Mostly because I have been in a bubble with this team all season long. Just a couple years ago when Booker was tearing people up and being called "empty stat" wasn't exactly hate. People just believed he was a really good player not improving his team.

The last two years? I have seen searing Book hate. Mostly people talking about him being arrogant, trash talking, flopper. I think that came from Chris to be honest. I think in some ways Chris has been a positive influence getting the most out of guys. On the other hand Chris has an ego and is hated by a TON of player in the NBA. It's no coincidence that Booker hate increased after Chris got here.

Booker deserved this humble pie IMO. Not because I think it made Luka play better (Luka was going to play great) but because you do your job on the court without being a prick to everyone. Karma is a @#$#@.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was on Twitter after all those games and I couldn't believe the Booker hate. Mostly because I have been in a bubble with this team all season long. Just a couple years ago when Booker was tearing people up and being called "empty stat" wasn't exactly hate. People just believed he was a really good player not improving his team.

The last two years? I have seen searing Book hate. Mostly people talking about him being arrogant, trash talking, flopper. I think that came from Chris to be honest. I think in some ways Chris has been a positive influence getting the most out of guys. On the other hand Chris has an ego and is hated by a TON of player in the NBA. It's no coincidence that Booker hate increased after Chris got here.

Booker deserved this humble pie IMO. Not because I think it made Luka play better (Luka was going to play great) but because you do your job on the court without being a prick to everyone. Karma is a @#$#@.
Agreed. If you’re gonna be a mad ish talker, in you can’t be atrocious in Game 6 of an NBA Finals Closeout game, and Games 6 and 7 of one of the most epic collapses of all time in the 2nd round.

Last edited:

AZ due I love BBQ

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

They also were laughing at reporter at press conference because reporter was complimenting Luka scoring.

Suns players talked so much trash that series. More than I've ever seen them do. Think Luka being European was part of it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose