Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's the thing though. The Mavs have been double teaming Book every time he touches the ball. This is their game plan to get the ball out of his hands. I don't know if he'll have the chance to show his greatness. He often holds the ball too long in these situations resulting in turnovers. His best game might be to distribute the ball efficiently out these traps and then it's up to the others to do their thing. They should have an advantage if played correctly. Book may have to pick his spots otherwise.
Books lack of ability to find the open man quickly outta a double team may be my one criticism of him. If he did that it would lead to easy buckets. But it’s definitely an Achilles heal of his.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I hope they have counters because this sounds very stubborn and "Pringles like" which IMO is one of the reasons we are sitting here at a Game 7.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I hope they have counters because this sounds very stubborn and "Pringles like" which IMO is one of the reasons we are sitting here at a Game 7.
Isn't countering a literal opposite of being stubborn? It means you accept what your opponent is doing and will do something differently in order to still succeed. Obviously we haven't seen them do anything that has gotten CP going in 4 games now and that is what is specifically concerning.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't countering a literal opposite of being stubborn? It means you accept what your opponent is doing and will do something differently in order to still succeed. Obviously we haven't seen them do anything that has gotten CP going in 4 games now and that is what is specifically concerning.
Did you not read what I wrote?

"I hope they have counters".

I have not seen any either for the last 4 games...hence stubbornness.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Did you not read what I wrote?

"I hope they have counters".

I have not seen any either for the last 4 games...hence stubbornness.
You said it "sounds very stubborn", but the tweet is suggesting that they have counters and thus doesn't sound stubborn. Though I agree it is one thing for them to talk about having counters and actually seeing some on the court.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I feel a wave of concern....... Which is better because I have been terrified since yesterday.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel a wave of concern....... Which is better because I have been terrified since yesterday.
Well, I am expecting the worst. Good thing is they usually outperform when I’m feeling that way.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about the same has you. Could be a little earlier but I don't recall for sure. My strongest memories are the '76 Finals for obvious reasons.
My first strong memory about the Suns was when we traded my favorite player for some stiff named Mel Counts. Grabbing Gail Goodrich from the Lakers in the expansion draft was great, giving him back to the Lakers was a real low point for me. And not much later Connie started showing signs of declining.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But on the real.

Yall need to buck up. We're gunna win this game. The Mavs can only beat us when we decide throw the ball out of bounds 20 times in a game. We ain't doing it at home in a game 7. I expect this team to come out and play nails.

I don't get why we've sucked so much butt in Dallas this series, it is a mystery, but we're going to find our way again at home and wreck these guys. We're gunna win this hecking series!

Now... am I optimistic about playing a Warriors team that just out rebounded the Grizz by like 80 boards in a single game and has a propensity for injuring anyone who they find inconvenient to play against?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose