Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Thursday the Suns head back to Dallas for game 6. Suns lead the series 3-2.

When: Thursday, May, 12, 2022

Television Coverage: ESPN

Start time: 6: 30 p.m. Arizona time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just thinking about this game...

Breathe deep into the lungs... out through the mouth....

Also, blood pressure pills?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently, Kidd took a page out of the Pelican playbook and copied the strategy of rotating on offense until they get the matchup they want on Chris. Kidd liked what he had seen in Games 2 and Game 4 of that series. They just want to bang him over and over to wear him down. They think a tired Chris can't score or take over the 4th. It's worked 3 games in a row. Thank goodness other guys stepped up last night and we played a more rounded game. We will need that again.

So, have teams found a recipe for Paul for the rest of the playoffs?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Evidently, Kidd took a page out of the Pelican playbook and copied the strategy of rotating on offense until they get the matchup they want on Chris. Kidd liked what he had seen in Games 2 and Game 4 of that series. They just want to bang him over and over to wear him down. They think a tired Chris can't score or take over the 4th. It's worked 3 games in a row. Thank goodness other guys stepped up last night and we played a more rounded game. We will need that again.

It helps when their point guard is 6'8" and twice CP's weight. The Warriors don't have that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Have to give CP3 a break more. Shamet and Holiday were important. So was Boyimbo. Monty needs to trust his depth.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got a good feeling we do close this out in 6 - however if it is Foster I may feel differently.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oh please. Luka and especially the Mavs bench has done it the entire series. Who cares?

Oooh, like all of a sudden, Luka is going to decide to REALLY start playing well against us? Come on.
Oh I see… If you observe someone being a total fool, you’re the guy who jumps right in and says “‘me too!”
Got it. ;)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh I see… If you observe someone being a total fool, you’re the guy who jumps right in and says “‘me too!”
Got it. ;)
How is he being a fool? He was playing to the fans, plain and simple. This is playoff basketball, not a little league game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How is he being a fool? He was playing to the fans, plain and simple. This is playoff basketball, not a little league game.
Correct! And Book’s actions were of a little leaguer… As are Luka’s. So, Book is the same as Luke… excellent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Correct! And Book’s actions were of a little leaguer… As are Luka’s. So, Book is the same as Luke… excellent.
Curious if you ever played sports? I just don't understand someone who follows sports not really understanding how the game is played and expecting players to show no emotions. Trash talking is incredibly prevalent in sports, especially in basketball where the playing field is so small and the players are in close proximity with each other.

Luka showboats too and we don't like it, but so what? It's not against the rules unless it's taunting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Just have to be ready with double team and have Paul switch off the ballhandler and hope the ballhandler isn’t a great passer or can’t ID the open player. Eventually they’ll run outta time to find the right guy. It’s what the mavs are doing when we try to hunt doncic.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Curious if you ever played sports? I just don't understand someone who follows sports not really understanding how the game is played and expecting players to show no emotions. Trash talking is incredibly prevalent in sports, especially in basketball where the playing field is so small and the players are in close proximity with each other.

Luka showboats too and we don't like it, but so what? It's not against the rules unless it's taunting.
Yea. I dabbled in sports over the years.
Played baseball, football and basketball at the youth level. Baseball and Football thru high school. Baseball thru college and more Baseball post-college in a semi-pro league on Cape Cod.
Played high school football with a QB who is now in the NFL Hall of Fame.
On that same high school football team, played with a running back who went on to play at Boston College and then the Denver Broncos, playing in two Super Bowls.
Played semi-pro baseball with a number of guys who went onto long careers in the major leagues.
And I happen to serve on a board with a former AZ Cardinal who is a well-known personality here in the Valley.

Anyway, Book acted like Luka. If that is Book’s desire, cool… but I suspect he desires to be better than Luka, in all ways including professionalism…

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now lets hope mavs suns series ends thurs.... i cant but would take a gm 7 stresser lol

Hopin right suns team show up

Got my 420 stash fired up

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played baseball, football and basketball at the youth level. Baseball and Football thru high school. Baseball thru college and more Baseball post-college in a semi-pro league on Cape Cod.
On that same high school football team, played with a running back who went on to play at Boston College and then the Denver Broncos, playing in two Super Bowls.
Played semi-pro baseball with a number of guys who went onto long careers in the major leagues.
And I happen to serve on a board with a former AZ Cardinal who is a well-known personality here in the Valley.

Anyway, Book acted like Luka. If that is Book’s desire, cool… but I suspect he desires to be better than Luka, in all ways including professionalism…
Your indignation whenever anyone dares question Monty is weird when you also then blast guys like Book for what amounts to nothing or the way you’ve been trashing CP3.

And that’s not to say either Book or CP3 are beyond criticism. I just think it’s weird you’re so quick to bash there and so equally quick to condemn and even mock people for criticizing Monty.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Cool bio -- that's a lot of name dropping in conversation, much more than I'll ever have! :thumbup:

I just think you're reading way too much and condemning Booker when it isn't necessary.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Your indignation whenever anyone dares question Monty is weird when you also then blast guys like Book for what amounts to nothing or the way you’ve been trashing CP3.
Cool bio -- that's a lot of name dropping in conversation, much more than I'll ever have! :thumbup:
I just think you're reading way too much and condemning Booker when it isn't necessary.
Condemning is a bit strong. Book is still young. I think he’ll one day get beyond the desire to resemble a wuss like Luka.

Last edited: