MCU: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Seems normal to me and since this is supposed to be the movie that sets up everything I wouldn’t of been shocked if it was 3 hours

This is a very important movie
The fanboy in me wonders if 2.5 hours is going to be enough.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Release Date: May 6, 2022
Studio: Marvel Studios, Disney
Director:
Sam Raimi
Screenwriter: Michael Waldron
Genre: Action | Adventure | Fantasy |Horror | Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, frightening images and some language

Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Wong, Xochitl Gomez, Rachel McAdams

Plot Summary: Dr. Stephen Strange casts a forbidden spell that opens the doorway to the multiverse, including alternate versions of himself, whose threat to humanity is too great for the combined forces of Strange, Wong, and Wanda Maximoff.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I read Dr. strange comics as a kid, but they were often the comic of last resort (nothing else on the rack or unread everything else already). But man does his character and storylines transfer to the big screen in a big way. This movie was fantastic. I thought I wouldn’t like the multiverse being introduced in general but it’s been great thus far.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read Dr. strange comics as a kid, but they were often the comic of last resort (nothing else on the rack or unread everything else already). But man does his character and storylines transfer to the big screen in a big way. This movie was fantastic. I thought I wouldn’t like the multiverse being introduced in general but it’s been great thus far.

I was the opposite I didn’t know much about him so I skipped the first movie and then when I saw it I was kicking myself I bet it was awesome in theaters

I’ll watch this in the morning during the week.

It’s on its way to a 400 million dollar weekend

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Marvel has done is truly astonishing. Dr. Strange is a relatively fringe character who didn’t get introduced until they went thru, what… 12 other Superheroes… and now his sequel isn’t just going to beat what DC’s new Batman did opening weekend at the box office… it’s going to DESTROY IT with totals of 195 million to 134 million.

Batman was THE single biggest ticket at the box office during the Burton and Nolan runs. His movies were EVENTS. Maybe the next one will be big after a table setter of the first movie, but man… I’ve seen so many mixed reactions.

Beating Batman to a pulp speaks of just how much Marvel absolutely DOMINATES all Pop-culture at this point. And it’s not about any one character… it’s about the larger tapestry and world they’ve built where they make you feel like if you miss one movie, you might be totally out of the loop for whatever comes next. I mean… 28 freaking movies so far. And not running out of gas any time soon at the box office.

Feige is a damn living legend as a producer at this point, ASFAIC.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really good movie. Such a good change of pace with the tone. Not as good as the last Spiderman movie but still really good. Like I said, it was nice to see a darker and more scary tone. It was refreshing is the best way I can describe it. Just felt different from the other movies yet still connected. I will say the one character seemed liked a convenient plot device and the "rules" are all over the place but those were minor issues. However, it's explainable.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feige confirmed that the events in Loki series are not only connected but the catalysts for what happened with the spell in Spiderman No way Home and the events in Doctor Strange. It really wasn't Spiderman's or Strange's fault that spell didn't work. In essence, the events in Loki broke the multiverse. It opened the door for multiverses to impact each other. The TVA would have normally been able to keep the timelines in check while keeping the sacred timeline intact. Basically, the "madness" in the title is a reference they no longer have that ability to keep any of it in check while the multiverse expands out of control.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I seen this today and I was very disappointed. Nothing pisses me off more than old movie cliches.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Marvel has done is truly astonishing. Dr. Strange is a relatively fringe character who didn’t get introduced until they went thru, what… 12 other Superheroes… and now his sequel isn’t just going to beat what DC’s new Batman did opening weekend at the box office… it’s going to DESTROY IT with totals of 195 million to 134 million.

Batman was THE single biggest ticket at the box office during the Burton and Nolan runs. His movies were EVENTS. Maybe the next one will be big after a table setter of the first movie, but man… I’ve seen so many mixed reactions.

Beating Batman to a pulp speaks of just how much Marvel absolutely DOMINATES all Pop-culture at this point. And it’s not about any one character… it’s about the larger tapestry and world they’ve built where they make you feel like if you miss one movie, you might be totally out of the loop for whatever comes next. I mean… 28 freaking movies so far. And not running out of gas any time soon at the box office.

Feige is a damn living legend as a producer at this point, ASFAIC.
This. If it wasn't before it should be blatantly obvious how vastly superior Marvel's approach was verses DC. DC has been happy with disjointed unconnected properties between TV and film forever. Marvel didn't want to take that approach. Marvel was about "world building". It was a stroke of genius by Feige. They wanted everything to play out like a set of novels making fans want to know what happens next. Marvel has dominated the box office and this run has lasted longer than I think ANYBODY thought possible.

This next phase is a huge turning point IMO. Guardians is coming to an end. Two major stars have moved on. More are rumored ready to move on after this phase is complete. Feige is really going to have his work cut out for him after this phase. He is going to have to nail the next generation of actors to carry the torch, but he has things like integrating the X-men up his sleeve and the new Fantastic Four. Feige is a living legend.

As a DC fan growing up? I wish the DC movie verse had a Feige clone running everything.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This. If it wasn't before it should be blatantly obvious how vastly superior Marvel's approach was verses DC. DC has been happy with disjointed unconnected properties between TV and film forever. Marvel didn't want to take that approach. Marvel was about "world building". It was a stroke of genius by Feige. They wanted everything to play out like a set of novels making fans want to know what happens next. Marvel has dominated the box office and this run has lasted longer than I think ANYBODY thought possible.

This next phase is a huge turning point IMO. Guardians is coming to an end. Two major stars have moved on. More are rumored ready to move on after this phase is complete. Feige is really going to have his work cut out for him after this phase. He is going to have to nail the next generation of actors to carry the torch, but he has things like integrating the X-men up his sleeve and the new Fantastic Four. Feige is a living legend.

As a DC fan growing up? I wish the DC movie verse had a Feige clone running everything.
God, do we really need to try the Fantastic Four again? They feel like a poisoned chalice.

Spot on with your post, though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
God, do we really need to try the Fantastic Four again? They feel like a poisoned chalice.

Spot on with your post, though.
Yeah...I am hesitant on that as well. However, I trust Feige on this team to do it right. They want to reboot the entire thing with his team. So, again, I have the same hesitation but the other side of me trusts him. We shall see.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Personally I’m glad it’s been marvel and not DC. I always preferred Marvel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose