The Market 2022-2023-2024

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just think it's about misdirection. Manipulation is everywhere...and always will be IMHO. But yeah.. I think this stuff if patently obvious supporting more some of my own theories. But as always... It's probably somewhere in between. Bear market news doesn't sell either... So there is that ever so important business decision. :confused:

I find the channel entertaining and the news segments pretty straight. I wish they'd bring on some bears as well as actually dig into some fundamental evaluations to educate the public.

If they had a guy like MSNBC's Steve Kornacki, it would be pretty cool IMO. But I guess that is what YouTube is for.
You must be registered for see images attach

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just some insane things going on.. Boeing back on its way down to test pandemic lows. At this point, it looks like the only area for a bounce.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This week was ugly. I'm really thinking of selling everything and just riding out the next couple months.

I'm ashamed to admit that I was so wrapped up in the market and the Suns that I didn't know the draft was yesterday until my buddy said something. Usually I spend weeks prior reading up on players and the Cards projections. It completely snuck up on me.
I didn't really pay attention to it either. Mine's mainly out of apathy though since I've given up on the team after the way the season ended and this offseason. Only thing I'm waiting on now is for the season over/under betting to open so that I can short the team. ;)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Recaptured my sloppy head and shoulders pattern posted a few weeks ago on the Dow...

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is good for a consumer based economy, right?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol

Well, of course... Berkshire benefited handsomely from an over flooding of inflation from excessive QE. The problem.... The retail investor gets stuck holding the bag. Even an old codger like Warren knows this.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol

Well, of course... Berkshire benefited handsomely from an over flooding of inflation from excessive QE. The problem.... The retail investor gets stuck holding the bag. Even an old codger like Warren knows this.

Retail investors who didn't buy into the speculative mania did alright.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should it give some benefit Monday?
I don't know about Monday, usually the benefit starts coming closer to it being approved. Musk has stated he is done selling shares for now so at a minimum, it should start climbing back to 1k

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about Monday, usually the benefit starts coming closer to it being approved. Musk has stated he is done selling shares for now so at a minimum, it should start climbing back to 1k
I hope so i bought the stocks at 907.9

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope so i bought the stocks at 907.9
Check out garyblack00 on Twitter.

If you're looking for a quick buck, I expect it to be above that soon. But, I expect it to be way above that in the coming years. I'm definitely a buy and hold TSLA investor.

The last time they did a split the stock rose 80%

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Check out garyblack00 on Twitter.

If you're looking for a quick buck, I expect it to be above that soon. But, I expect it to be way above that in the coming years. I'm definitely a buy and hold TSLA investor.

The last time they did a split the stock rose 80%
Thank u for your words
Im now 1600$ under
Can't sleep cause im worried

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Tesla is one of the fastest growing and profitable companies out there. I wouldn't worry one bit.
I'd still be cautious though. Their cap is still over 900B which I think is too high if they were a "normal" company. They have the Elon/Tesla fanboi segment though that will keep them higher than normal. I'm not saying don't be in them, I have a decent position myself. Just be cautious.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd still be cautious though. Their cap is still over 900B which I think is too high if they were a "normal" company. They have the Elon/Tesla fanboi segment though that will keep them higher than normal. I'm not saying don't be in them, I have a decent position myself. Just be cautious.
I think with not only the car part growing so rapidly but adding the truck and semi, the continued growth of megapacks along with solar...... It's going to keep printing money

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I think with not only the car part growing so rapidly but adding the truck and semi, the continued growth of megapacks along with solar...... It's going to keep printing money
It's going to keep making money but there's only so far they can grow. They're at a point like AAPL or GOOG, which I own both, where it's going to be good to have but don't I don't expect to get even a 2x out of any of them. If TSLA were to 2x right from here it would put them between MSFT and GOOG for market cap. All of the companies ahead of them in cap are 3-7x more in revenues and all of them have profits that are more than an order of magnitude greater than TSLA's.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Tesla is one of the fastest growing and profitable companies out there. I wouldn't worry one bit

Huh? They are recently profitable (finally), but by no means one of "the most profitable companies out there." Their trailing 12-month earnings per share is $7.37, or less than 1% of the stock's price. The list of companies that can beat that metric is very long, and includes such boring names as Home Depot, McDonald's, Deere, and Goldman Sachs, just to pick some out of a hat.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone buying the past year or so have been buying the speculative mania though..

There were still some reasonably priced companies. If you bought them, you're down a bit, but not the 60-70% that the meme and ARKK stocks have seen.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? They are recently profitable (finally), but by no means one of "the most profitable companies out there." Their trailing 12-month earnings per share is $7.37, or less than 1% of the stock's price. The list of companies that can beat that metric is very long, and includes such boring names as Home Depot, McDonald's, Deere, and Goldman Sachs, just to pick some out of a hat.
Current profitability was the wrong wording to use, as, they are still in growth and r&d mode.

But, two gig factories just opened in March. ***** gonna get wild.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220430-200940_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220430-200940_Chrome.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 2

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The good news is, the S&P is down 13.8% YTD, marking its worst January-April performance since World War II. So things probably won't get much worse.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tesla is a luxury car manufacturer as nearly 90% of their revenue comes from auto sales. That market has a ceiling. They have a lot of irons in the fire with growth potential, but it remains to be seen whether their profit potential will ever be realized.

Tesla is significantly overvalued in my opinion. I would caution against overpaying for growth.

Can any of the bulls justify the current price?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Tesla is a luxury car manufacturer as nearly 90% of their revenue comes from auto sales. That market has a ceiling. They have a lot of irons in the fire with growth potential, but it remains to be seen whether their profit potential will ever be realized.

Tesla is significantly overvalued in my opinion. I would caution against overpaying for growth.
It's a weird hybrid stock in that has some considerable fundamental value but has been meme-hyped far beyond anything rational. I put LULU in the same category.