Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don’t doubt this at all! We SO DESPERATELY need a WR that creates separation. Not even Hop creates the separation that a #1 generally does. He just has phenomenal hands & knows how to use his body. I WANT a guy that is blessed with separation skills that make for long, take it to the house, game breaking plays. That’s what Murray & this offense needs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t doubt this at all! We SO DESPERATELY need a WR that creates separation. Not even Hop creates the separation that a #1 generally does. He just has phenomenal hands & knows how to use his body. I WANT a guy that is blessed with separation skills that make for long, take it to the house, game breaking plays. That’s what Murray & this offense needs.
Agree to an extent.
But it would also help immensely if kyler trusted his guys enough to throw to a spot. Too often we see a guy finish his route before kyler releases the ball.
Nfl WR's don't usually stay open very long.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree to an extent.
But it would also help immensely if kyler trusted his guys enough to throw to a spot. Too often we see a guy finish his route before kyler releases the ball.
Nfl WR's don't usually stay open very long.
I was listening to Warner the other day & he was saying that it’s shocking how frequently Cardinal WR’s ran wrong routes in the last couple years. And he said Murray needs to GET IN THEIR FACES this season. He said that Kyler throws one of the prettiest balls he’s seen in his lifetime, but has to get nastier with his WR’s when they screw up. We ALL know how good Kurt was when it came to that.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
I was listening to Warner the other day & he was saying that it’s shocking how frequently Cardinal WR’s ran wrong routes in the last couple years. And he said Murray needs to GET IN THEIR FACES this season. He said that Kyler throws one of the prettiest balls he’s seen in his lifetime, but has to get nastier with his WR’s when they screw up. We ALL know how good Kurt was when it came to that.
If he gets nasty fans will say he’s a bad teammate and leader. We’ve all seen kylers face when he thinks a receiver did something wrong. I’m sure he vocalizes it. But at the end of the day half the fanbase thinks he can’t lead

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So, at least one area he needs to improve, right? :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kurt is smart enough to look at plays and know what routes receivers should be running lol.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe often Kirk?

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
This sums up the fans feelings on Kyler pretty well. Feels like it's all about him winning. He wants to win for himself, he doesn't want to do the things that elevate the team and builds a culture so he achieves that. He wants others to do that around him so he can win.

I'd add Burrow to the list of lean in guys too. He seems like that kind of character and really he carried an average (except WR) Bengals team last year.
Except WR and running back. You know the other positions that can help a qb. Cardinals don’t have anything close to bengals WR core and Mixon is way better than Conner. At the end of the day kyler has one player on this offense that can actually help him win games. And when he’s injured kyler has to literally do it all.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If he gets nasty fans will say he’s a bad teammate and leader. We’ve all seen kylers face when he thinks a receiver did something wrong. I’m sure he vocalizes it. But at the end of the day half the fanbase thinks he can’t lead

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think any QB would have struggled in this offense without Dhop as the receivers did little to nothing to help their QB. Lots of drops, no separation, watch other games and WRs make crazy good catches all the time our guys drop **** hitting them in the hands it’s ridiculous.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

For those lames in the IHKC that don’t understand WR separation

All of a sudden people want to believe PFF. Funny that.

For this to mean anything I'd need to see the rest of the table (and believe PFF).

If Kyler is 19.4% but the guy in 20th is 17% does it really matter that much?

Rodger threw for 4115 yards and 37 TD's in 16 games. Seems he had someone open enough.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

For this to mean anything I'd need to see the rest of the table (and believe PFF).

Rodger threw for 4115 yards and 37 TD's in 16 games. Seems he had someone open enough.
Well this passed out he eye test far before this stat.. also name one player that is good at separation - certainly not the career contested catch guys in Nuk Green and Ertz. And certainly not the slowest 4.4 guy I history in Kirk.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Yep! Watch the Kurt Warner break downs of Murray on YouTube and he'll point out some of Murray's decision making. Missing the easy check downs and missing plays down field. Murray switches between being the home run king and captain check down. The balance is what's missing.

The first Rams game is the perfect balance. Murray did a phenomenal job finding the easy check downs, but challenged the Rams deep too. If you do that enough, those checkdown go from 3 yard gains to 12 yard gains.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

For those lames in the IHKC that don’t understand WR separation
These essentially mean Jack squat. It is PFF after all. And furthermore Seattle almost on par with AZ and has two WRs That are generally considered elite one of them is considered one of the best route runners in operators in space in the NFL…..

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think any QB would have struggled in this offense without Dhop as the receivers did little to nothing to help their QB. Lots of drops, no separation, watch other games and WRs make crazy good catches all the time our guys drop **** hitting them in the hands it’s ridiculous.
Only thing I will say to this is that it takes a rare WR in the NFL who can create separation and maintain it with a QB who struggles to get the ball out on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose