Cards signing Gladney

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice.

I liked him coming out, but he was really, really bad in his rookie year. So it's an upside move. But Keim should do more of these.

Better a 1st round pick from 2 years ago with upside than some never was guy thats spent a career clinging on in the league.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The light went on for him later and then had that arrest. He might be cleared of those legal aspects but probably still might face some suspension by the league for his overall conduct... still approve of the signing

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old scouting reports pre draft say he was a very aggressive CB that worked in college but the fear was in the NFL, at his size, he'd be gambling and get beaten and bigger NFL Wr's would use his aggressiveness against him over power him and get the ball.

I honestly have never seen him play to my knowledge.

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Old scouting reports pre draft say he was a very aggressive CB that worked in college but the fear was in the NFL, at his size, he'd be gambling and get beaten and bigger NFL Wr's would use his aggressiveness against him over power him and get the ball.

I honestly have never seen him play to my knowledge.
Don’t worry. Vance CB’s play 10 yards off the line…

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The light went on for him later and then had that arrest. He might be cleared of those legal aspects but probably still might face some suspension by the league for his overall conduct... still approve of the signing
Found not guilty by a jury. Can't see him getting a suspension at this point. He already lost a year dealing with the charges, trial, etc.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Found not guilty by a jury. Can't see him getting a suspension at this point. He already lost a year dealing with the charges, trial, etc.
True, but the NFL likes to throw its weight around for public relations more often than not despite actual justice. I will say this, this kid will hit much like Budda and seems to fit the aggressive style Vance Joseph likes

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
True, but the NFL likes to throw its weight around for public relations more often than not despite actual justice. I will say this, this kid will hit much like Budda and seems to fit the aggressive style Vance Joseph likes
He already missed a year, since he was cut by Vikings last August.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Fairly athletic but has some key flaws. He’s better suited for slot coverage In man coverage. Not much of a ball hawk as he has poor hands. He is aggressive but doesn‘t have the size and strength to impose his will. He might fare better with the Cards because they like to play zone. He has some burst to the ball so he can use his reactive response in zone to break up passes. A skill the Cards lack. In that system he’s likely okay as the number 2 corner. So basically he and Murphy have similar capabilities, though they’re not the same athletes. Assuming Gladney is not suspended, he’d be an upgrade.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Fairly athletic but has some key flaws. He’s better suited for slot coverage In man coverage. Not much of a ball hawk as he has poor hands. He is aggressive but doesn‘t have the size and strength to impose his will. He might fare better with the Cards because they like to play zone. He has some burst to the ball so he can use his reactive response in zone to break up passes. A skill the Cards lack. In that system he’s likely okay as the number 2 corner. So basically he and Murphy have similar capabilities, though they’re not the same athletes. Assuming Gladney is not suspended, he’d be an upgrade.
Even if suspended, if the Cards get a multi-year deal which should not cost must, one has to like the signing... this is the kind of signing which has high upside and little financial risk for this kind of youth/talent

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort