10 thoughts - free agency

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If wishes were horses, ........

If cap space was not problem I would love to see both G Brandon Scherff and CB Carlton Davis in a Cards uniform next year. That would surely make our draft a lot easier.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bringing in Clowney does nothing to improve our pass rush.

Not that I want them to sign Clowney, but in all fairness, he did have a very good season pass rush-wise, with the Browns last year.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder what his motivation was then? He really has not been that dude.

I don't know. He did play opposite Myles Garrett last season, so most of the attention was away from him. His best seasons has come with the Texans when he played opposite J.J. Watt, so maybe he is simply not good enough to be the primary edge rusher, but really good as the "other guy"?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know. He did play opposite Myles Garrett last season, so most of the attention was away from him. His best seasons has come with the Texans when he played opposite J.J. Watt, so maybe he is simply not good enough to be the primary edge rusher, but really good as the "other guy"?
He is basically Robin, you need a Batman to pair him up with.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is basically Robin, you need a Batman to pair him up with.

Well, I guess J.J. Watt could be Batman, but yes, you are right that he cannot be your primary edge rusher. I really wish they would bring back Reddick.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some on this board would argue this point, but Kyler Murray is the face of this franchise & will continue to be the face of this franchise. So, IMO, you start with protecting him & providing him with weapons. Doesn’t mean we don’t have other holes. We do! But that’s where your emphasis has to start. We also need a legit #1 CB, a stud Defensive Tackle, and someone who can get to the QB.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Some on this board would argue this point, but Kyler Murray is the face of this franchise & will continue to be the face of this franchise. So, IMO, you start with protecting him & providing him with weapons. Doesn’t mean we don’t have other holes. We do! But that’s where your emphasis has to start. We also need a legit #1 CB, a stud Defensive Tackle, and someone who can get to the QB.
I'm with you here. KM has plenty to work on, but he's the guy, and we have to focus on offense to maximize our top guy.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

So in addition to an offensive overhaul, we also need to find good players at the 3 most important defensive positions. Piece of cake for Steve Keim!

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm with you here. KM has plenty to work on, but he's the guy, and we have to focus on offense to maximize our top guy.

I believe you are right, Stout, but I would not be completely convinced of it. The NFL have changed. The general managers are more willing to make big transfers and take big risks.

However, I would also do eveything possible to help Murray. He has the potential to be a superstar.