KYLER MURRAY TIED 3rd worst at pocket time:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. When we drafted Murray, I made the point that we put 100% of our focus on the offense. We should have fixed the offense COMPLETELY before concerning ourselves with the D. A team that’s average on both sides of the ball generally is a poor team. But, if you’re dominant on one side of the ball, you have a shot to win. Before people go off the deep end, that would have been my approach in year 1 & possibly into year 2. After that, you work to build BOTH sides. That’s what the Ravens did way back when they drafted all those defensive studs like Lewis, etc, etc. Only they obviously did it on the defensive side because Lewis was that big of a factor. They had Boulware, Woodson, McAlister, Starks, Sharper, McCrary, Adams, Burnett, etc. Hell, they won a SB with Trent Dilfer at QB.
Absolutely. It’s impossible to fill all the holes we have. It’s been questioned, what is our identity? As any fan of the nfl that question and they would say Kyler Murray, Hopkins. If we’re able to put together a top 5 offense we could compete and reek a little havoc.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who’s responsible for drafting and getting FA to do all of the above?
We know who. But he better pull his head out of his ass real soon for the sake of this offense and Kyler. We need toughness in the trenches and speed and yac at the Wr position.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree 100%. When we drafted Murray, I made the point that we put 100% of our focus on the offense. We should have fixed the offense COMPLETELY before concerning ourselves with the D. A team that’s average on both sides of the ball generally is a poor team. But, if you’re dominant on one side of the ball, you have a shot to win. Before people go off the deep end, that would have been my approach in year 1 & possibly into year 2. After that, you work to build BOTH sides. That’s what the Ravens did way back when they drafted all those defensive studs like Lewis, etc, etc. Only they obviously did it on the defensive side because Lewis was that big of a factor. They had Boulware, Woodson, McAlister, Starks, Sharper, McCrary, Adams, Burnett, etc. Hell, they won a SB with Trent Dilfer at QB.
They also Jamal Lewis and a great offensive line, so they had the type of offense (ball control running game) that complimented that amazing defense. Let’s not act like there wasn’t talent offensively just bc their QB was pedestrian. If I recall correctly Ogden was high first round pick and Jamal Lewis was the fifth pick in the draft. And Shannon sharpe was on that team and had over 800 yards. And Qadry Ismail was a second round pick too.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also Jamal Lewis and a great offensive line, so they had the type of offense (ball control running game) that complimented that amazing defense. Let’s not act like there wasn’t talent offensively just bc their QB was pedestrian. If I recall correctly Ogden was high first round pick and Jamal Lewis was the fifth pick in the draft. And Shannon sharpe was on that team and had over 800 yards. And Qadry Ismail was a second round pick too.
Yes. And if we had a GM that did his job one would think one side of the ball or the other would be in great shape by now.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Until knee injuries ended his career prematurely, Lewis was a stud. And many would say that Ogden was arguably the best OLineman ever. Unfortunately, we drafted Simeon Rice over Ogden. Big mistake. Simeon was good, Ogden was great. Here's a fact that many people have forgotten. That SB winning Ravens team had an offense that didn't score a touchdown for 5 straight games (21 quarters) in their regular season. Matt Stover kicked 9 field goals in back to back wins over Cleveland and Jax. Without their D, they were a sub .500 team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until knee injuries ended his career prematurely, Lewis was a stud. And many would say that Ogden was arguably the best OLineman ever. Unfortunately, we drafted Simeon Rice over Ogden. Big mistake. Simeon was good, Ogden was great. Here's a fact that many people have forgotten. That SB winning Ravens team had an offense that didn't score a touchdown for 5 straight games (21 quarters) in their regular season. Matt Stover kicked 9 field goals in back to back wins over Cleveland and Jax. Without their D, they were a sub .500 team.
And that franchise had an owner people loathed.

You know why they were able to overcome that? They had a great GM.

Again, who is responsible for drafting players and getting FAs, that hasn’t put the pieces around Kyler to succeed?

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Like your post and your insight. I think I saw something about how the Cardinals did not have all of their O-Line starters together until the end of the season. Except for Kyler Murray it seems like Keim has picked a defensive player in the 1st round every year. Was hoping he would have tried to get CeeDee Lamb and maybe pick some O-Lineman in the previous years and look for some defensive players in the 2nd round or later. Very kool take on your part though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And that franchise had an owner people loathed.

You know why they were able to overcome that? They had a great GM.

Again, who is responsible for drafting players and getting FAs, that hasn’t put the pieces around Kyler to succeed?
They may have had the single best GM EVER. Is it possible we could luck into hiring a former Cardinal player like the Ravens did with Newsome & he turns out to be an incredible GM? Wilson? The sad reality is that most NFL GM’s are hired to be fired. Whether it’s sooner or later, Keim’s time will come. Unfortunately, I have seen this franchise hire ****** GM after ****** GM for close to 60 years. Eventually you have to point to the owner as to why this franchise mostly sucks. Does that mean we throw in the towel & stop hiring GM’s? Absolutely not. MB is not as pathetic as his Dad was as an owner, but until he gets something right, I don’t have much faith in any FO choice he makes. He didn’t want to hire BA. It was Keim that made that choice. And BA made Michael’s skin crawl every time he opened his mouth. If not for my absolute distrust of VJ, I would 100% hold SK accountable for the lack of immediate contributions from Simmons & Collins. That’s why we need a new DC right now to see where we truly stand with these 2 picks. What happens if brought someone like Martindale in & these guys blossom right away? Then we know it was VJ & not necessarily Keim. How bad would it look if that happened & we had already replaced Keim? Look, it’s obvious that if KK goes, then Keim has to go also. No one is debating that. I am NOT a fan of KK, but MB wants to be absolutely sure he’s not the guy before he burns the whole FO down. Get rid of VJ, and have a short leash on KK/SK. Any way you look at it, the latter two are joined at the hip now. They either both stay or they both go. And I have heard from reliable sources that MB has read them both the riot act.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s crazy.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Brady also doesn't get sacked much because he knows how to read a defense quickly, gets rid of the ball quickly, and knows where his receivers are going to be.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
They may have had the single best GM EVER. Is it possible we could luck into hiring a former Cardinal player like the Ravens did with Newsome & he turns out to be an incredible GM? Wilson? The sad reality is that most NFL GM’s are hired to be fired. Whether it’s sooner or later, Keim’s time will come. Unfortunately, I have seen this franchise hire ****** GM after ****** GM for close to 60 years. Eventually you have to point to the owner as to why this franchise mostly sucks. Does that mean we throw in the towel & stop hiring GM’s? Absolutely not. MB is not as pathetic as his Dad was as an owner, but until he gets something right, I don’t have much faith in any FO choice he makes. He didn’t want to hire BA. It was Keim that made that choice. And BA made Michael’s skin crawl every time he opened his mouth. If not for my absolute distrust of VJ, I would 100% hold SK accountable for the lack of immediate contributions from Simmons & Collins. That’s why we need a new DC right now to see where we truly stand with these 2 picks. What happens if brought someone like Martindale in & these guys blossom right away? Then we know it was VJ & not necessarily Keim. How bad would it look if that happened & we had already replaced Keim? Look, it’s obvious that if KK goes, then Keim has to go also. No one is debating that. I am NOT a fan of KK, but MB wants to be absolutely sure he’s not the guy before he burns the whole FO down. Get rid of VJ, and have a short leash on KK/SK. Any way you look at it, the latter two are joined at the hip now. They either both stay or they both go. And I have heard from reliable sources that MB has read them both the riot act.
That's 100% untrue. Bidwill said he knew BA was the guy when he sat down to dinner with him. Can't remember exactly but BA sat down with a drink, cussed, and MB was sold. At least that's the story they told back in the day.

And besides, BA was a phenomenal choice. He is one of the best coaches in the NFL. Letting BA leave was the big mistake.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's 100% untrue. Bidwill said he knew BA was the guy when he sat down to dinner with him. Can't remember exactly but BA sat down with a drink, cussed, and MB was sold. At least that's the story they told back in the day.

And besides, BA was a phenomenal choice. He is one of the best coaches in the NFL. Letting BA leave was the big mistake.
We all know that BA was a great choice & we all know what Bidwill said about the hire. Michael tolerated BA’s abrasiveness, but he was never comfortable with it. That I know. Winning smoothed over everything, but Michael certainly never tried to talk BA out of retirement. BASK partied hard, and MB wasn’t thrilled about that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted already from last Friday but it's an interesting watch

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Link? Hard to evaluate these stats.

Assuming the dude was getting stats from pf reference at the link below

Kind of telling that his pocket time was 9th worst, he was blitzed 108 times, which puts him at 28th, but was hurried 68 times for 5th worst among qualifying QBs.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To further iterate this point:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This might deserve its own thread but Isaiah Simmons being that low is embarrassing. But look at our o-lineman not name Pugh and Humphreys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose