Michael Bidwill, where are you?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just bc the niners traded three firsts for him doesn’t mean that’s what they’d get on the open market today for him. I kinda doubt it’s 3 1sts today.
Meh. He was worth three firsts to them less than 12 months ago. Therefore, he's a QB whom some team would trade three firsts to acquire.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Meh. He was worth three firsts to them less than 12 months ago. Therefore, he's a QB whom some team would trade three firsts to acquire.
I think a year where a QB doesn’t do much to create stir takes some shine off him as a prospect. I’m not saying he’d go for a couple 2nd round picks. I’m just saying I doubt they could recoup 3 firsts.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think a year where a QB doesn’t do much to create stir takes some shine off him as a prospect. I’m not saying he’d go for a couple 2nd round picks. I’m just saying I doubt they could recoup 3 firsts.
HE ALREADY WENT FOR 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS.

Everyone else is basically conjecture. There's one person on this list who was acquired for 3 first round picks, and that's the guy you're quibbling over.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Everyone else is basically conjecture. There's one person on this list who was acquired for 3 first round picks, and that's the guy you're quibbling over.
Isn't it conjecture that he would still go for 3 firsts?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yes, he did, as a prospect. Now the nfl has some tape on him. He didn’t blow anyone socks off. My CONJECTURE is that he wouldn’t net 3 firsts at this juncture.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude.. come on. You know this is a terrible argument. Looking terrible on the field takes shine off first year QBs and you know this.

No one would trade three firsts for Lance NOW.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
We’ll Bidwill, you finally spoke and stirred up my blood pressure again. Thanks for saying nothing about nothing. Everybody in the football world knew you were disappointed along with the coaches, players and fans. I’m not worth billions but I’m pretty sure I could have written that response pretty easily.

I’m pissed off again because you’ve actually said/done zilch, nata, nothing. What we as fans want to know… what are you going to do about it? Yeah, I’m pissed off again because our rivals are doing something about it and I can say we aren’t going to bump them off for another several years.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could they have had insight that VJ was legit a front runner for the job in Miami? I guess we get 2, 3rd rounders if Miami hires him as HC?

Just trying to think why nothing has been said of a vote of confidence for the staff or otherwise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You’re right. I have NO idea where I got 13. NINE. NINE seasons WITHOUT A SINGLE EXCEPTION. That’s not two or three seasons. That’s not even five. That’s NINE. When you’re trying to explain away NINE seasons you’re undertaking an exercise in futility. So it happens again next year, you finally admit it’s a thing? Why? You already don’t believe what your eyes are telling you after NINE years. So back season slides could go in forever in your eyes as long as there’s someone else to plausibly point the finger at (and it’s football, there always will be), but there’s literally only one constant in those NINE seasons: kliff. Ignore at your own mental peril.
It's such an infantile argument.

It's like criticizing a coach for not winning consistently at Colorado.

Even Mel Tucker who is a hot college coach wasn't great there (at Colorado). Plenty of good college coaches aren't good at schools like TT.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Even Mel Tucker who is a hot college coach wasn't great there (at Colorado). Plenty of good college coaches aren't good at schools like TT.
How many of those coaches that aren't good at big schools walk straight into the NFL as a head coach? And, further, are then super successful?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How many of those coaches that aren't good at big schools walk straight into the NFL as a head coach? And, further, are then super successful?
I watched Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, and Bobby Petrino come in and look like crap.

Kingsbury has been better than three really good college coaches.

The argument is stupid and invalid. College is all about recruiting.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I watched Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, and Bobby Petrino come in and look like crap.

Stupid and invalid? Okay, if you want to act like a fool, you can be treated like one.

On the topic itself, being a great college coach isn't indicative you'll have great success, but being a poor college coach sure in the heck isn't either. Your comparison there has no legs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

And Urban Meyer! And Chip Kelly!

Not looking great for Matt Rhule, either.

Success in college

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Stupid and invalid? Okay, if you want to act like a fool, you can be treated like one.
Naw bro Im demonstrating it's invalid. College success has no bearing on NFL success.

Kingsbury has been better than all of those coaches.
On the topic itself, being a great college coach isn't indicative you'll have great success, but being a poor college coach sure in the heck isn't either. Your comparison there has no legs.
It's like you're incapable of understanding what makes guys like Urban Meyer successful.

College success is pretty much all about player talent, nothing else.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone's saying that having a losing record in college is indicative that Kingsbury will have success in the NFL. I do think that a lot of people were saying at the time that his consistent record of excellent offenses at the college level was a good reason to think he'd be successful at the next level.

I think at this point, we can say the results of that experiment have been mixed.

We have three seasons of pro experience on Kingsbury at this point, which IMO is more than enough to start drawing some conclusions on. I think he's a good learner and an even-keeled dude. I think he works hard to get better, but like his quarterback he had a lot of catching up to do to his NFL peers.

It seems to me like Kingsbury does his homework each offseason to get better at the most critical areas. Hopefully this season he focused on situational football and the two-minute offense — areas where we were very, very bad this season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This isn’t about not being good, it’s about patterns. But let’s look at it . . .

In 26 years before kliff took over:

Dykes 72-61
Leach 84-43
Tuberville 21-17

Then there’s this:

Kliff 35-40

Maybe we stop making excuses for kliff?

NINE YEARS

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members