Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers problem isn’t those two guys it’s that they have no playmakers to get those guys the ball more Sabonis than Turner

Big men need guards and perimeter players for spacing and the Pacers don’t have that.

If the Pacers problem was only needing a point guard it would be more easily solved. As mentioned they already have Malcolm Brogdon. They do have a lot of talent so I'm left shaking my head.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Pacers problem was only needing a point guard it would be more easily solved. As mentioned they already have Malcolm Brogdon. They do have a lot of talent so I'm left shaking my head.
Brogdon is TJ Warren junior, always injured.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Brogdon has been exposed he’s not that guy people thought he could be in major role.

If your going to go big you need a playmaker and shooters to spread the floor and they don’t have any of that

I seen a rumor Turner for DeAron Fox I really like that for Indy and Sac

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brogdon has been exposed he’s not that guy people thought he could be in major role.

If your going to go big you need a playmaker and shooters to spread the floor and they don’t have any of that

I seen a rumor Turner for DeAron Fox I really like that for Indy and Sac

I think the Kings are making a mistake if they trade Fox for Turner and I like both players. The Kings would need more assets in return. It's not a fair trade for the Kings.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of people would disagree, but ok...

Not really they were even talking about it on the Windhorst podcast. Like it was said on this thread he’s always hurt and he’s only played in half the games this season. He just can’t get right for some reason

He’s not explosive and he’s not really a great distributor. He’s solid probably in the 20 range of NBA point guards

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not really they were even talking about it on the Windhorst podcast. Like it was said on this thread he’s always hurt and he’s only played in half the games this season. He just can’t get right for some reason

He’s not explosive and he’s not really a great distributor. He’s solid probably in the 20 range of NBA point guards
Thats BS If he played the other half of the games, nobody would be talking about all these trade with the pacers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think he's a little better than you've giving him credit for but like they say, the most important ability is availability and he's unavailable too often. So, when he plays, he's not a star but he's a comfortably above average guard (either spot). And once again his team needs him and he's unavailable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we need to start looking at getting younger at the PG spot.

I love Rubio by the way. I’ll always root for him

It would be sweet to pick up Rubio as a third point guard down the road.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade deadline thoughts.

No big moves--I would not have any problem with a move that included any of these players: Saric, Kaminsky, Nader, Shamet, Wainright, Payton, etc. While trading Smith might be OK, I cannot see a trade where the return would be greater than the value of having him for the playoffs and the outside chance of signing him this summer.

Targets: Veteran dependable pg or combo guard (Eric Gordon type of player, but not Eric Gordon because of his contract). Instant offense wing--Lou Williams type of player, Vinny Johnson (microwave). Quick instant offense off of the bench.

Waiting until the buyout period might be the ticket. I have a hunch some decent players are going to get bought out. Some of those players might take a lesser buyout deal if they know the Suns would pick them up.

We need to be able to clear roster spots if needed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade deadline thoughts.

No big moves--I would not have any problem with a move that included any of these players: Saric, Kaminsky, Nader, Shamet, Wainright, Payton, etc. While trading Smith might be OK, I cannot see a trade where the return would be greater than the value of having him for the playoffs and the outside chance of signing him this summer.

Targets: Veteran dependable pg or combo guard (Eric Gordon type of player, but not Eric Gordon because of his contract). Instant offense wing--Lou Williams type of player, Vinny Johnson (microwave). Quick instant offense off of the bench.

Waiting until the buyout period might be the ticket. I have a hunch some decent players are going to get bought out. Some of those players might take a lesser buyout deal if they know the Suns would pick them up.

I agree with this. I would like to get Saric's contract dumped somehow.

I feel our best chance of making it to the finals again is for Shamet and Payne to play to their potential, and hopefully Ayton adding a bit to his offensive game.

The best thing about this season so far is Devin Booker has become a legit 3pt shooting threat. The worst is I am seeing Chris Paul showing signs of aging.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I feel our best chance of making it to the finals again is for Shamet and Payne to play to their potential, and hopefully Ayton adding a bit to his offensive game.

The best thing about this season so far is Devin Booker has become a legit 3pt shooting threat. The worst is I am seeing Chris Paul showing signs of aging.
Yeah... I think this year and next year are our window. After that, I expect CP3 to not be close to what he is now snd what he is now is still the engine that makes the entire car go.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I think those are important, but I think the #1 thing we need right now and for the Playoffs is for Mikal Bridges to become an offensive threat. Right now, he's just offensive.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... I think this year and next year are our window. After that, I expect CP3 to not be close to what he is now snd what he is now is still the engine that makes the entire car go.

Yeah, if we are going to contend after 2023 then we're going to need to stumble across another star, preferably a point guard.

But if we're coming off a 3 year run of top 2 in the conference and (hopefully) a title sprinkled in, that is the kind of situation that stars force their way to join.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think those are important, but I think the #1 thing we need right now and for the Playoffs is for Mikal Bridges to become an offensive threat. Right now, he's just offensive.

Bridges needs to get out of his funk and we need Shamet to find some sort of rhythm in the offense.

Cam Johnson's evolution has made up for a lot what those 2 are failing to bring.

Also, it seems like Cam Payne is starting to break out of his funk. Since Christmas he is shooting over 40% from 3, his assists are up and his turnovers are down.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges needs to get out of his funk and we need Shamet to find some sort of rhythm in the offense.

Cam Johnson's evolution has made up for a lot what those 2 are failing to bring.

Also, it seems like Cam Payne is starting to break out of his funk. Since Christmas he is shooting over 40% from 3, his assists are up and his turnovers are down.
Cam needs to play his game and not try to be Chris Paul. Cam's game is to drive and dish or shoot the open three. His best weapon is his speed. He is not a good prober or mid-range artist like CP3.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be interesting to view the Sun's players in order of trade value.

Of course there is Book and CP3. Neither is a trade possibility.
Ayton could bring a lot.
I think CamJ and Mikal would both be very highly valued, maybe Cam more than Mikal at the moment. Really close though.
JaVale would have some value right now, so would Jae, but not as much.
Cam Payne is increasing in value.
Kaminsky might have a little. He would be more of a salary fill-in than anything.
Smith's value is next to nothing. He is too young to depend on for a playoff run and the restrictions on the team that trades for him make the trade unlikely.
Saric might have negative value.
The rest are just salary filler at best.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trade deadline thoughts.

I see no problems here. I'm not a big fan of the deep bench. Unless for some reason someone is willing to give up something good for Stix we should keep him for now.
Sadly there's only a few undersized non PGOF types being infused in the NBA over the next few years. We may have to steal a good PG from someone else.

Players will for sure be more willing to pull the trigger and try to get here.