10 reasons why we’ll beat the Rams

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R
I’m sorry but this kind of stuff in a debate is garbage. It’s a projection of a totally stupid point that literally no one has come close to making.
Read above

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So is blaming all of the penalties on a lack of discipline from the coaching. Individual people sometimes make individual mistakes that have nothing to do with coaching.
Sigh. Always hyperbole. No one said “all” the penalties are the fault of lack of discipline. What we HAVE said is all the penalties are a sign of a lack of discipline. There’s a distinct difference between what we’ve said and what you are claiming posters are saying.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So is blaming all of the penalties on a lack of discipline from the coaching. Individual people sometimes make individual mistakes that have nothing to do with coaching.
I dunno man... based on what I see... its more of a focus issue than a discipline issue as it is widespread across every unit of the team. IMO the position coaches have a little more control over the game to game discipline I think,...HC has control over the culture of discipline within the structure of the team.
we show poor focus,..however the penalties didnt just become an issue after the bye, they were just as prevalent when we were winning... but the team was playing well enough to make up for them

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Athletic ran this piece this on Friday:
Three scouts pick wild-card winners, including a Cardinals upset vs. Rams

Here's what the scouts had to say about the Cards - Rams game:

Cardinals at Rams

Scout 1 couldn’t wait to discuss the playoff slate’s final game.

“I want to pick the Cardinals so bad,” he blurted out. “Their road record (8-1) is unheard of. And I think the Rams have been so disappointing the second half of the season. … It’s crazy to say, but I’ve been underwhelmed by a team that’s won 12 games.”

For this scout, that uneasy feeling comes from watching quarterback Matthew Stafford.

Since Week 9, the ex-Lion has committed 15 turnovers, most of any player over that span. He’s thrown eight interceptions over the last four games.

“Stafford the last three to four weeks has been really sloppy with the football,” Scout 1 continued. “Kept the other teams in the game.”

That wasn’t the case in Week 14 against Arizona, the last time Stafford avoided throwing an interception. He threw three touchdowns as Los Angeles evened the season series 1-1 with a 30-23 win.

Harassed by defensive tackle extraordinaire Aaron Donald throughout, Cardinals QB Kyler Murray tossed two interceptions in the loss. Arizona lost four of its final five games. Scout 3 doesn’t see that trend changing because of the Cardinals’ lack of balance.

“If you can contain Kyler Murray, it’ll be really hard for them to win,” he said. “Not that anyone’s gonna truly run with Kyler Murray, but (the Rams) have guys that chase and stay close. … And Arizona’s offensive line, statistically, probably doesn’t look all that bad (12th in pass blocking win rate, per ESPN), but I think a lot of that is a function of Kyler Murray.”

Murray also remains without star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins — and Scout 2 still loves Arizona’s passing attack. Injuries wrecked the Rams’ secondary to the point that they signed 37-year-old free-agent safety Eric Weddle, who last played in 2019.

Scout 2: “If I’m Arizona, I’m going 10 personnel (four wide receivers, one running back, no tight end), and I’m going up-tempo. And I’m going to make them cover me with all your backups. … I’m gonna go ahead and say that (receivers) Christian Kirk, Rondale Moore and A.J. Green are probably more prepared to play in this game than Eric Weddle.”

Scout 1 pick: Cardinals
Scout 2 pick: Cardinals
Scout 3 pick: Rams
...dave

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
It has frustrated me all season that KK hasn't used more routes for Moore. This kid when healthy is explosive, he could be the missing element? Use him on some quick slants from the slot or even from out wide, he has the ability to make people miss trust me. Get him in space also. He excels with YAC. He was one of the top players in college at Purdue with YAC his freshman season, lit defenses up & became a 1st team all american as a freshman. This isn't college I get it but when you can make people miss & have 4.2 speed............? It's worth a shot, we gotta try something. Also, KK needs to put Kyler under center, I can't say that enough, so many more routes will open up & it freezes LB's for that split second to gain seperation. I'm excited about JJ coming back, I've said it many times on here that his ability to bat down passes is something we can use. Batted down passes at the LOS are the #1 thing that kills drives besides TO's imo.
I think he gets to many targets, for his production, yes you see all the potential, but really hasn’t done a lot considering his portion of the play calls. Running Kirk and more and hop and Murray, leaving Conner and chase starving for carries early, yea they button it up in wins, but don’t get enough early to open up all 3 dimensions Effectively. I mean many time -proven stars get 1-3 targets and catches each, and Rondale gets double or more.

18 runs- 64 targets -54 receptions - only 6 points! if your going to feature a rookie like that, over others, i expect more scores

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The issue is Arizona is the worst with false starts and has three times those of the Rams. Three times. That’s a pattern. Patterns across multiple players are attributable to coaching typically.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I don’t about more NFL star power, I mean they live in Hollywood and that crap ain’t real. I mean they outlaw guns for their common folk, but feed the earths bloodthirsty desire for gun violence in every movie.
AD and Miller are superstars, Kupp and OBJ, stars Stafford? He’s really good. media makes them bigger.

Watt And Jones are superstars, Hop is out but AJ Greene is a declining superstar, I think he gets a 1000 easy on most other teams. Conner gets 1000 rushing easy on most teams Ertz is multiple pro bowl, KM is a superstar still flowering. Chase is featured on most teams, may not start but earns a 1000 yards combined each season. I think Buddha is a star and golden.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not at all wishing for your demise MrYeahBut, however since you brought up 1947 wouldn’t it be fantastic for centenarian Charley Trippi to witness another Cards championship? Come on Cards, win (another) one for Charley!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
'47 was the year I was born, when they win another one, they can do it the year I die, but I'd like to live to see it. 'Lizbeth can come get me when the clocks hits 00:00
yeah but I dunno,... if you been a fan that long I think you deserve to see the Cardinals dynasty years... I mean, you had to suffer through the cowboys so why not get to see the redbirds win four super bowls in a decade?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he gets to many targets, for his production, yes you see all the potential, but really hasn’t done a lot considering his portion of the play calls. Running Kirk and more and hop and Murray, leaving Conner and chase starving for carries early, yea they button it up in wins, but don’t get enough early to open up all 3 dimensions Effectively. I mean many time -proven stars get 1-3 targets and catches each, and Rondale gets double or more.

18 runs- 64 targets -54 receptions - only 6 points! if your going to feature a rookie like that, over others, i expect more scores
He hasn't gotten too many targets, I don't know what you mean there other than maybe counting the gadget plays? I'm saying with Hopkins out why not use Moore for deeper routes with his speed & ability to make people miss. I can't remember many opportunities in the red zone for him to score, hard to do if you're number isn't called? Jet sweeps & bubble screens aren't really what I consider solid scoring opportunities & that's pretty much all he's being used for.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He hasn't gotten too many targets, I don't know what you mean there other than maybe counting the gadget plays? I'm saying with Hopkins out why not use Moore for deeper routes with his speed & ability to make people miss. I can't remember many opportunities in the red zone for him to score, hard to do if you're number isn't called? Jet sweeps & bubble screens aren't really what I consider solid scoring opportunities & that's pretty much all he's being used for.
agree. KK been using Moores quicks and elusiveness to augment the rushing attack rather than using his speed to soften the defense.
its almost like they just abandoned the entire concept once they learned AI couldnt catch

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue is Arizona is the worst with false starts and has three times those of the Rams. Three times. That’s a pattern. Patterns across multiple players are attributable to coaching typically.
With all the accolades Kugler gets, isn't this his direct responsibility?

It's not as though the Cardinals have enough depth on the OL that Kingsbury can bench half the starters in a game and get Murray killed... so i'm not sure what he can do.

I suspect that early in the year, when people were complaining about the lack of pre-snap motion, it was because Kingsbury was doing what he could to simplify things to reduce penalties... and i seem to recall the penalties rate was much improved early in the season. But as he has added more complexity to the plays pre-snap, the penalties have gone back up.

It would be great if the Cards could have both complexity and low penalty rate, but apparently the current players can't handle it. Again... isn't that on them and Kugler?

I dunno, i never played the game so i'm just speculating.

...dave

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With all the accolades Kugler gets, isn't this his direct responsibility?

It's not as though the Cardinals have enough depth on the OL that Kingsbury can bench half the starters in a game and get Murray killed... so i'm not sure what he can do.

I suspect that early in the year, when people were complaining about the lack of pre-snap motion, it was because Kingsbury was doing what he could to simplify things to reduce penalties... and i seem to recall the penalties rate was much improved early in the season. But as he has added more complexity to the plays pre-snap, the penalties have gone back up.

It would be great if the Cards could have both complexity and low penalty rate, but apparently the current players can't handle it. Again... isn't that on them and Kugler?

I dunno, i never played the game so i'm just speculating.

...dave
Yes, it would be shared responsibility by kugler. But again, the coaching staff is kliff’s responsibility. In a game where you have 50+ players in a roster and likely somewhere around 35-40 that play and 10+ coaches you could always find someone else to blame for virtually everything that happens on the field. But ultimately the tenor of the team falls in the head coach.

Lack of discipline typically flows from one of two areas:

1. A coach who doesn’t hold players accountable. And understand there are many ways to instill discipline - it’s not just limited to benching players. That’s coming from someone who played for disciplined teams and undisciplined teams.

Or

2. A team that just doesn’t respect their coach(es).

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
You know, reading your "on paper" paragraph, maybe WE should've signed OBJ.
Obj is a second to third receiver. He needs a stud on the other side to take pressure off. Without hopkins the cardinals don’t have that. So he would have been just as trashy as he was with the browns.