Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still can't quite believe JJ Watt is back playing after what he did to his shoulder. It's astounding. Truly unfathomable.
Same. I’m pretty stunned. Don’t want to give myself false hope, but it’s tough not to if he’s back in the lineup. If he’s effective and Phillips is also out there, that’s just a game changer for our defense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A key player in 4 games? Rondale Moore? Yeah, no. He had some gadget appeal early but not only hasn't developed from that, actively regressed and then got hurt.
I mean that’s games. Multiple divisional games at that. I don’t have a problem with Rondale as much as I do with Zaven, Isaiah, Josh Jones, etc.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean that’s games. Multiple divisional games at that. I don’t have a problem with Rondale as much as I do with Zaven, Isaiah, Josh Jones, etc.
Going forward Rondale needs to start playing a lot more as a real WR with the type of plays he was called to run this year becoming rare. If he keeps being used like he has been, he will get his brains beaten out. The guy has elite speed. Have him run a lot of deep posts and go routes.

IMHO

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Going forward Rondale needs to start playing a lot more as a real WR with the type of plays he was called to run this year becoming rare. If he keeps being used like he has been, he will get his brains beaten out. The guy has elite speed. Have him run a lot of deep posts and go routes.

IMHO
In camp they threw quite a few deep passes to him. So, he showed signs.

However, he wasnt getting separation on deep routes like Kirk was. Even Kliff pointed out how Isabella was more of a deep threat.

So there probably still needs to be some development on his part in how to run those routes. He didnt do it much in college.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting Rams related tidbit. The Rams trade for Von Miller blew up a trade the Raiders had basically almost locked up to get Fletcher Cox from the Eagles. Because the Rams gave up a 2 and 3 round pick for Miller, the Eagles said they wanted more from the Raiders than was being offered pickwise. The Raiders balked. It wound up interesting because the Eagles regrouped after that and made the playoffs themselves, and the Raiders are probably quite happy they didn't panic and give up a 1st rounder for Cox.

One report said the Rams looked at Cox too but in the end decided they preferred Von Miller .

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Stafford is 0-3 in the playoffs.

He has this reputation of being a choker and that's got to play on his mind. There's more pressure on Stafford in this game than any game in his career. He's not at crappy Detroit anymore who just scrapped a playoff spot. He's at the division winners. A team that are "All in" and that has invested heavily in FA's to make a Superbowl run this year.

And with his recent form of 8 INT's in his last 4 games he's under massive pressure not to screw this up.

Got to get after Stafford early and that might be the game. Again, Watt is a huge part of this.

JJ Watt is probably the difference between winning and losing on Monday. I'm not saying we can't win without him, but I like our chances a whole lots more with him.
He was 0-Career against teams 5 games over .500, the last time he played the Cards.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

IMHO
What evidence do you have from his pro career to support this assertion?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was 0-Career against teams 5 games over .500, the last time he played the Cards.
I can’t help think this every time I see people now crowing about Stafford being 0-3 in playoff games.

Or KK and K1’s record with a chance to advance to the playoffs or win a division title at 0-6.

Something’s gotta give on Monday night.