Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no universe where Ayton is coming close to regularly scoring 22 a night as that range suggests.

for me the frustrating thing is I look at this team and wonder what it needs to be a favorite, heads and shoulders above all else... and it's already in our starting lineup with Ayton. He just doesn't bring the focus and intensity every game that would really make this not just the favorite, but a possible dynasty. We saw him REALLY lock-in for the first three rounds of the playoffs and the result was we pretty much rolled over everyone, even playing without CP3 or a one armed CP3 for big stretches of series.

if that guy played up to his potential, we'd be flat out dominant. especially with the depth and size we have this year. We're SO CLOSE to winning this thing, but Ayton is the X-factor.

Only team we rolled over was Denver we were down against LA and that Clippers series was a hell of a fight.

I’ve gone over the Ayton stuff to much at this point, but yeah idk maybe if our hall of fame point guard could even get it across half court against Holiday we might have won but yeah Aytons fault

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no universe where Ayton is coming close to regularly scoring 22 a night as that range suggests.

for me the frustrating thing is I look at this team and wonder what it needs to be a favorite, heads and shoulders above all else... and it's already in our starting lineup with Ayton. He just doesn't bring the focus and intensity every game that would really make this not just the favorite, but a possible dynasty. We saw him REALLY lock-in for the first three rounds of the playoffs and the result was we pretty much rolled over everyone, even playing without CP3 or a one armed CP3 for big stretches of series.

if that guy played up to his potential, we'd be flat out dominant. especially with the depth and size we have this year. We're SO CLOSE to winning this thing, but Ayton is the X-factor.
The Ayton situation reminds me so much of Robert Parish. Golden State was so frustrated with him because he was not the #1 option that they thought he would be. So they traded him to Boston, who brought him in for who he was and provided the essential anchor for a decade of championship contention and three titles.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Just for kick say the Suns don’t want to max Ayton

Suns get:
Sabonis
Craig

Indy gets:
Ayton
Saric
Nader

Would you do that at the deadline?
No. McDyess for Googs part 2.

By any standard, Ayton has had a very good year, and continues to improve. The time off for COVID hasn't helped, but he continues to progress, and the team would be very stupid to trade him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Schroder is an upgrade over Payton, but he's also twice as expensive. There will almost certainly be other teams that can offer more. Heck, just doing a simple Google search shows articles about rumors for Schroder from the Mavs, Bucks and Jazz.
Payton doesn't matter. He will not get playing time in the playoffs unless our 4 other better guards are hurt.

The question really is, is Schroder better than Cam Payne - and that is a hard question for me to answer, because sometimes he is and sometimes he isn't.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn’t touch Schroeder with a 10 foot pole. Chucking, toxic, ball hog, quitter.

**** no.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just for kick say the Suns don’t want to max Ayton

Suns get:
Sabonis
Craig

Indy gets:
Ayton
Saric
Nader

Would you do that at the deadline?
No, no, hell no.

I really cannot believe there are people that really believe the suns won't max ayton - not the Sun's max price but the restricted max price. He will be resigned I am 100% positive of it.

So the question is which of those packages are better, and it is without question Ayton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not even if Payton is included in the trade with Smith?

I wouldn't take Schroeder for free. Granted I wouldn't take Payton for free either, but Payton is just terrible at basketball, he is not a toxic, ball hogging quitter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take Schroeder for free. Granted I wouldn't take Payton for free either, but Payton is just terrible at basketball, he is not a toxic, ball hogging quitter.

I'm glad to know Payton isn't at the bottom of your scale. I do think Schroder could help the Suns as a third point guard more so than Payton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad to know Payton isn't at the bottom of your scale. I do think Schroder could help the Suns as a third point guard more so than Payton.

I think as the third point guard Schroeder's attitude would be a serious problem, especially considering he was dumb enough to turn down 80 million from the Lakers and now is trying to showcase himself to get paid.

For all the concerns about Cam Payne's shooting slump, him in a "slump" is just about par for the course in Schroeder's world, Schroeder just shoots a lot more... except for when he decides to quit in the middle of a game and totally stops trying.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We still control Ayton for additional 4 years at least. Control what you can control.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it funny you think Boston would be ok to taking Payton.

who knows... they might? afterall, we did... and that was AFTER seeing how awful he had already been with us!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, no, hell no.

I really cannot believe there are people that really believe the suns won't max ayton - not the Sun's max price but the restricted max price. He will be resigned I am 100% positive of it.

So the question is which of those packages are better, and it is without question Ayton.

I can’t believe there are people that think it’s a lock Sarver goes deep into the luxury tax(Cam also is going to get paid)

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I can’t believe there are people that think it’s a lock Sarver goes deep into the luxury tax(Cam also is going to get paid)

Really, REALLY hoping things work out so he gets removed and this ends up being irrelevant to the future of the team.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Don't forget that the new broadcasting deal will hit in 2024 and the salary cap is going to SKYROCKET.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on what? You know who doesn’t feel that way about him? Chris Paul.

Based on years of watching him play and watching him quit several times when things don't go his way. I don't like anything at all about his play style and I think he'd have zero interest in being a 3rd stringer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on years of watching him play and watching him quit several times when things don't go his way. I don't like anything at all about his play style and I think he'd have zero interest in being a 3rd stringer.

Idk I’ll take Chris Paul’s word over yours since Paul loves him from his days with OKC.

And Paul ain’t an easy guy to get along with

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Idk I’ll take Chris Paul’s word over yours since Paul loves him from his days with OKC.

You keep referencing this, but I'm curious how this isn't anything other than just praising a former teammate?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Substantive. I guess it’s settled.

New topic… can Jake from State Farm play the wing?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You keep referencing this, but I'm curious how this isn't anything other than just praising a former teammate?

Chris Paul has never played the politically correct game when it comes to ex teammates. He’s very demanding and he has no problem letting his feelings known

Schroeder also credits Paul with helping him grow in his personal life as well

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chris Paul has never played the politically correct game when it comes to ex teammates. He’s very demanding and he has no problem letting his feelings known

Schroeder also credits Paul with helping him grow in his personal life as well
Do you have any links to where this is stated? I'm curious about it now.