Black Monday 2022 edition

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LoL you need a freaking case huh? make your own decision you got enough information out there.

I am not big into these type of topics and believe racism only exists is small pockets in this great country. Flores firing is bad example of it.

FYI: the GM is black.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a rah-rah, in-your-face kind of person, but the passive "let him get to it on his own" approach clearly isn't working. I'm with you that it's possible arrogance is instead the problem.
But we obviously don't really know other than hearing rumors and such.

Unless Murray has some major mental defect, he should get it soon

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But we obviously don't really know other than hearing rumors and such.

Unless Murray has some major mental defect, he should get it soon
The problem is that most arrogant people don’t “get it.” Otherwise they wouldn’t be arrogant. Unless kyler has some awful moment that is undeniably his fault l he will likely have to be lead by someone else to understand the importance of self-awareness. And making the playoffs and making pro bowls likely isn’t going to be that awful moment. They will likely only reinforce kylers greatness in his mind.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pls, Ross, hire VJ from us. Then we will get Flores from you.
Strong sentiment here in the Houston region that the Texans will make a run at Flores given his Patriots connections. The Houston GM is Nick Caserio and the organization is strongly influenced by controversial Jack Easterby, each of whom was part of the Pats organization during the glory years. Of course, like many other former Patriots employees, nothing they've done so far has translated to success with the Texans.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Strong sentiment here in the Houston region that the Texans will make a run at Flores given his Patriots connections. The Houston GM is Nick Caserio and the organization is strongly influenced by controversial Jack Easterby, each of whom was part of the Pats organization during the glory years. Of course, like many other former Patriots employees, nothing they've done so far has translated to success with the Texans.

Interesting. Flores wanted Watson - is there anyway Watson stays if Flores get hired?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I get that. Though I’m a big critic of kliff’s I’m okay with another season. If by season 4 he hasn’t fully convinced me I’ll likely be out 100%. He’s obviously been better than a lot of dreck we’ve had in the past, but I’m just never going to be one to settle for “good enough.” I want to be a legit contender. And I’m willing to take chances to get there.
As much as I defend Kingsbury, we're pretty much in full agreement here.

I personally think that Kingsbury brings a lot more good than bad. The players universally respect him, he schemes up some real exotic looks at time that incorporates the best of all levels of football, and the team has gotten better every year. As others have stated, a new coach isn't necessarily going to be better. There is a good chance the new coach will be the same or worse.

Murray is the key to all of this. Part of the late season swoons is Murray not playing well. How can Kingsbury change this? Watching the Seahawks game, I saw Murray struggle mightily. I don't see too much wrong with how Kingsbury called the game. I saw Murray cause probably three of the sacks himself. And with all the injuries, the game pretty much came down to Murray having to make plays himself, and he failed to do so.

If I'm Keim/Kingsbury, I'm looking at improvements across the OL and at RB. The Cardinals just don't seem to have much to lean on when Murray is struggling.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I personally think that Kingsbury brings a lot more good than bad. The players universally respect him, he schemes up some real exotic looks at time that incorporates the best of all levels of football, and the team has gotten better every year. As others have stated, a new coach isn't necessarily going to be better. There is a good chance the new coach will be the same or worse.

Murray is the key to all of this. Part of the late season swoons is Murray not playing well. How can Kingsbury change this? Watching the Seahawks game, I saw Murray struggle mightily. I don't see too much wrong with how Kingsbury called the game. I saw Murray cause probably three of the sacks himself. And with all the injuries, the game pretty much came down to Murray having to make plays himself, and he failed to do so.

If I'm Keim/Kingsbury, I'm looking at improvements across the OL and at RB. The Cardinals just don't seem to have much to lean on when Murray is struggling.

Yeah, it gets ugly when Murray struggles and I won't defend him in that regard, but I look at AJ, Kirk and Wesley and I'm like Butch Cassidy "who are those guys? "

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting. Flores wanted Watson - is there anyway Watson stays if Flores get hired?
Great question! I’d kind of figured Watson had worn out his welcome (and then some) here. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s exactly what Texans management is thinking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I agree kyler is the key. But we are in year three and his development and lack of development are the responsibility of Kliff as head coach, as offensive coordinator and as QB guru. So kyler faults imo are kliffs faults unless proven to exist with another head coach/o-coordinator/guru.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, it gets ugly when Murray struggles and I won't defend him in that regard, but I look at AJ, Kirk and Wesley and I'm like Butch Cassidy "who are those guys? "
Aren’t they the guys that many posters were crowing about early in the season as giving us the best WR room in the nfl alongside nuk? Losing nuk is a huge blow, but it shouldn’t downgrade them to “who are these guys?”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that. Though I’m a big critic of kliff’s I’m okay with another season. If by season 4 he hasn’t fully convinced me I’ll likely be out 100%. He’s obviously been better than a lot of dreck we’ve had in the past, but I’m just never going to be one to settle for “good enough.” I want to be a legit contender. And I’m willing to take chances to get there.
both of us agree on this and yet we're consistently called out for the leaders of the "fire everyone" bad fan brigade.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
both of us agree on this and yet we're consistently called out for the leaders of the "fire everyone" bad fan brigade.
You make yourselves an easy target???? ;)

I got nuthin

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree kyler is the key. But we are in year three and his development and lack of development are the responsibility of Kliff as head coach, as offensive coordinator and as QB guru. So kyler faults imo are kliffs faults unless proven to exist with another head coach/o-coordinator/guru.
I think your train if thought is similar to parents blaming teachers for a kids bad grade.

Sure teachers teach within structure, but the out of school learning is even more important than the in school. One of the things we learned from the Arians staff was that so much of development in the NFL is self development.

Kyler literally admitted to us that he isn't quite doing enough.

Ultimately Kliff will be held responsible, but I haven't seen any proof that Kliff has screwed up with Murray...far from it. I've seen him tailor his offense to fit to what Murray wants to do.

I just think the grass will likely NOT be greener. Kliff has accomplished something MOST Cardinals coaches haven't...he's led the team to an 11 win season and a playoff berth.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren’t they the guys that many posters were crowing about early in the season as giving us the best WR room in the nfl alongside nuk? Losing nuk is a huge blow, but it shouldn’t downgrade them to “who are these guys?”

It was really more of a figure of speech. Just meaning there isn't one of them that strikes fear into opposing defenses. imo. There's no star among them. I think they need Murray to put the ball more precisely where it doesn't require a gymnast to catch it.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Hate to ask but what is every ones opinion on Next Year (Saying) the team regresses Back to a 7 or 8 win team. My own thought is it will be probably be time for a house cleaning from the top down Just asking NOT HOPING FOR ANYTHING LIKE THAT MIND YA

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hate to ask but what is every ones opinion on Next Year (Saying) the team regresses Back to a 7 or 8 win team. My own thought is it will be probably be time for a house cleaning from the top down Just asking NOT HOPING FOR ANYTHING LIKE THAT MIND YA
If the Cards regress, Kliff will be fired. Anything less than 10 wins will be unacceptable. Keim will be there, but they'll decide that Kyler deserves a different voice and hire someone like...

... I dunno...

...Jay Gruden.

Reaction score

Those same guys aren't saying who are these guys. You are correct. It shouldn't & doesn't downgrade them to who are these guys.

Reaction score
Who has said this? I must have missed it. I haven't seen you say you want to fire everyone. I also haven't seen anyone say you have. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Just that I missed it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Who has said this? I must have missed it. I haven't seen you say you want to fire everyone. I also haven't seen anyone say you have. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Just that I missed it.

There are people on here that want to fire Keim, KK, and VJ (that is pretty much fire everyone).