D-Hop…

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How exactly does it work when you take a player’s helmet but give it back when things get close? I admire his toughness but a hamstring injury doesn’t seem like something you “shoot up” considering how easy it is to re-aggravate. Thoughts?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what was going on, he's out fo 2 quarters then comes back in? Then is out...I don't know what the thought process was

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. I am furious with the medical staff over the handling of this injury. The minute it flares up and becomes a problem, especially in a Thursday night game, you shut him down. You do NOT mess with a star WR and a hammy injury like that. If the season's on the line? Yeah, sure. Sitting at 7-0? No effing way.

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
According an ESPN article, KK said that Hopkins checked himself back into the game a few times. Said they wanted him to stay off the field, but he would just run on. KK said that they appreciated his competitiveness, but wanted him to be smart.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. I am furious with the medical staff over the handling of this injury. The minute it flares up and becomes a problem, especially in a Thursday night game, you shut him down. You do NOT mess with a star WR and a hammy injury like that. If the season's on the line? Yeah, sure. Sitting at 7-0? No effing way.
When are you ever not furious? lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According an ESPN article, KK said that Hopkins checked himself back into the game a few times. Said they wanted him to stay off the field, but he would just run on. KK said that they appreciated his competitiveness, but wanted him to be smart.

I love the guy but honestly it should NOT be possible for him to just run in like that. If they don't want him to play they need to take his helmet or something

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
When are you ever not furious? lol

When are you ever not trolling? lol

To answer your question, most of the season to date. Or do you prefer sniping without actually reading the forum?

There's more negative emotion out of this 1 loss than positive emotions in the 7 wins combined.

It's a pretty tough loss to bear. Yes, we were going to lose, but losing like this absolutely stinks. Is what it is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

To answer your question, most of the season to date. Or do you prefer sniping without actually reading the forum?

It's a pretty tough loss to bear. Yes, we were going to lose, but losing like this absolutely stinks. Is what it is.
Nah, you’ve been pretty furious even about little things during the season. I get humor out of your posts cause I’m just imagining you typing ferociously before every single post. It’s absolutely hilarious, so, keep it up man, you’re great at it, lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It was one dumb play. Can't really let that overwhelm or the great things we have done this year. It was devastating at the time but got to shake it off.

Absolutely none of this matters in the grand scheme. Starting 7-0, losing to GB, all the matters is how we finish and making the playoffs.

It would be nice to finish as the #1 seed and get the bye but that was always unlikely with experienced QB's and coaches that teams like the Bucs, Packers and Rams have.

Buckle down, get 5 more wins. And focus on the playoffs.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Embrace it stout. Change your siggy to the angry poster... Somebody dubbed me the rah-rag guy and it's in my siggy....:biglaugh:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, you’ve been pretty furious even about little things during the season. I get humor out of your posts cause I’m just imagining you typing ferociously before every single post. It’s absolutely hilarious, so, keep it up man, you’re great at it, lol.

Good football take.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I'm with you on this one Stout. Some guys are portraying this as a moral victory, or even worse a "good" loss. But I disagree 1000%

If we would have lost on the last play because a GB defender made a good play against Green in the endzone, or something similar, fine. Like Holmes' catch in the endzone against us in the superbowl. Great play by the other team. It sucks but we left all on the field, and I think the players can live with that.

But after one of the most "same old Cardinals" plays in Cardinal history, now it seems like the heroic goal line stand was completely in vain. Tough catches and runs by Kirk and Edmonds on the last drive, and good throws and hanging in the pocket by Murray, all in vain.

If your teammate is going to let you down like that after the valiant and courageous effort to get in position to get the win, to literally snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, I have to think there are going to be some hard feelings. That it will be hard for AJ's teammates to forgive him.

No, this was a bad loss. We still have hope, but this one does us no good.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Okay the game is over. Passions should be cooler. Let's not get personal.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That seems pretty personal to me. Stout handled that little quip better than I would have. Probably would be sitting on a suspension right now.
No you wouldn’t have. Please stop.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
BTW - I’m glad I’m not the only person who has the same problem with the poster in question. I don’t pretend to be a saint on this board, but there are some who intentionally bring the entire level of discourse down, which is a massive distraction, even when they’re on “ignore.”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose