Home field advantage.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being in Chicago I don’t get the feel of the fan on the street.
So with that being said could this be our first real home field advantage game?

I would imagine All the ticket holders that sell their tickets to visiting fans might find sales a little under underwhelming this week.

Could it be they might actually have to go to a game?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
relative to Minnesota or Northern CA: almost no Houston or SE Texas transplants in the Valley.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be really disappointed come the Green Bay game if we see the normal number of sell outs. The team should be 7-0 at home for TNF. It would be sad to see big chunks of Green.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'd be really disappointed come the Green Bay game if we see the normal number of sell outs. The team should be 7-0 at home for TNF. It would be sad to see big chunks of Green.

There is going to be, Packers fans travel pretty well, there are a ton of Wisconsin (midwest period) snowbirds in the Valley and there are lots of ticket brokers willing to make money.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is going to be, Packers fans travel pretty well, there are a ton of Wisconsin (midwest period) snowbirds in the Valley and there are lots of ticket brokers willing to make money.

The scalpers that aren't fans that own tickets are one thing. Can't do much about them. But real Cards fan's that would sell their tickets when the team is 7-0 and playing in a huge game, I just don't get that at all. What's the point in being a fan if you will miss a game like this when the Cards are on a run like never seen before to make a few hundred bucks?

I can only image the same kind of people would sell their wives for the night for the right money.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scalpers that aren't fans that own tickets are one thing. Can't do much about them. But real Cards fan's that would sell their tickets when the team is 7-0 and playing in a huge game, I just don't get that at all. What's the point in being a fan if you will miss a game like this when the Cards are on a run like never seen before to make a few hundred bucks?

I can only image the same kind of people would sell their wives for the night for the right money.
Doesn’t account for the transplants that have tickets and actually root for the Cards unless the Pack come to town too.... I know two myself that are like that.

Be prepared to be disappointed Brit.

Reaction score

I can't say for a fact as I live in Canada... But I'd assume with ticket prices so high, you can sell a few games and then that helps cover the cost of the rest of the season. I know I always sell my Maple Leafs and Canadiens tickets when they play the Oilers here in Edmonton. The cost of sporting events are so insane, I have a hard time questioning anyone's decisions personally.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I can't say for a fact as I live in Canada... But I'd assume with ticket prices so high, you can sell a few games and then that helps cover the cost of the rest of the season. I know I always sell my Maple Leafs and Canadiens tickets when they play the Oilers here in Edmonton. The cost of sporting events are so insane, I have a hard time questioning anyone's decisions personally.

Yep, I have a co-worker who has Packer season tickets and he sells 2 games a year just so the season ticket prices are easier to take...probably makes back about 1/2 of his overall cost with 2 games. He does make it a point to never sell Bears or Vikings tickets though.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Haha there will be homefield advantage this week for the Texans game. As a season ticket holder I will be there. I never actually listed these for sale but I'm sure the going-rate is underwhelming compared to some of the home games we've had so far.

And I can say with no shame that I sold three games (Vikings, Packers, & Colts) and paid for my season tickets plus pocketed $500. I plan on going to the rest of the games.

Here's the reality, Phoenix is the fasted growing city in America. People love the desert, especially people from the mid-west who are sick and tired of the cold. It's not that those fans travel well, it's that they live here. So when their team comes to town once every 6 years, of course they will pay any amount necessary to show up and rep their team.

Yeah it would be nice if the stadium was always packed with Cardinals fans only, but that will never be a reality. People don't go on vacation to Kansas City, it's not exactly a destination. Hence that stadium is always going to be filled with Chief's fans.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be around 30%-40% Packers fans at that game. Maybe more. I have accepted large number of opponent fans as a fact of life for a Cardinals season ticket holder.

Local people who are die hard fans of teams like the Packers snap up those single game tickets the day they go on sale. Local fans, who pick and choose games, they wait. When it is years between games, those opposing team fans are very motivated to buy those tickets.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the game where season ticket holders can pay for the rest of the season by selling them to Packers fans. Plus, Thursday night games in Phoenix are a nightmare for driving, so that is a big tiebreaker when thinking about selling.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is the game where season ticket holders can pay for the rest of the season by selling them to Packers fans. Plus, Thursday night games in Phoenix are a nightmare for driving, so that is a big tiebreaker when thinking about selling.
This exactly. I dropped my tickets this year, but I would've been in this boat if I had them. The older I got, the more attending night games lost it's luster.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn’t account for the transplants that have tickets and actually root for the Cards unless the Pack come to town too.... I know two myself that are like that.

Be prepared to be disappointed Brit.

That's fine too. But you know as well as I that are large, probably the majority, of rival fans in the stadium in the past have been AZ natives and fans selling their tickets for profit.

football karma

Reaction score
tons of transplants here from Wisconsin

while there will be Packer fans flying in, the vast majority will just drive from their homes in Arizona

and, those tickets were purchased by them months ago

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really hope this team gets better at home. Vikings/49ers game were the toughest so far.

It would help if there's more than 60% of Cardinals fans.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As an out of state season ticket holder, I will be in town for the Packer game but cannot make it in town for both games on a short week.
Therefore, I cannot be there for the Texans game. I'm sure there will not be much demand for the Texan game tix.
But GB will have lots of Packer fans due to demand and what they are willing to pay. Lots of mid west transplants. The guy who owns the seats next to me is from Chicago. He's a Cardinal fan unless we were playing the Bears.
I think it is just the nature of the AZ fan market. If Cardinals fans were more willing to pay up for tickets, there would be a lot less opposing team fans.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
tons of transplants here from Wisconsin

while there will be Packer fans flying in, the vast majority will just drive from their homes in Arizona

and, those tickets were purchased by them months ago

Sure, I'm not talking about GB fans buying single game tickets though. I'm talking about season ticket holders selling out for the money. I remember the Steelers game, I think it was Kyler's rookie season and it looked like Pittsburgh. Whole sections of yellow towels. And I remember thinking what must Kyler think as a rookie when his home game feels like a road game? We lost that one too, to a garbage backup QB if I recall rightly.

football karma

Reaction score
So when their team comes to town once every 6 years, of course they will pay any amount necessary to show up and rep their team.
this is the truth

and while the vast majority of fans live here, the other factor is that if you are a Packer (or Bear, or Viking, or Steeler, etc) fan that lives in California or Vegas or Albuquerque -- with advanced tickets, you can fly in on a Sunday morning and leave that night for like $150 round trip.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's fine too. But you know as well as I that are large, probably the majority, of rival fans in the stadium in the past have been AZ natives and fans selling their tickets for profit.
Oh tons... I’ve done it.... I made 6x face value on my tickets before for Steelers and Cowboys and felt no guilt selling them... At this point it is what it is and people just need to accept it’s not changing anytime soon.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Every time the schedule comes out one thing I immediately look for are home games on weekday nights. If they are there, I say a bad word. To be honest, if the Packers and Texans games were flipped, I probably would not go Thursday. For me, it's two hours of rush hour traffic to get there on a Thursday or Monday night. This year, we have TWO games like that. But, they are big ones, so I will deal with it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also wonder if there another chunk of fans, albeit a small chunk, who’s just not ready to go back to games yet due to Covid. My father has been selling his four tickets all season due to age and health concerns. If it just three or four thousand fans doing that, those tix could be scooped up by opposing fans pretty easily.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are still large blocks of seats owned by out of town ticket brokers that there is nothing you will ever be able to do anything about.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I also wonder if there another chunk of fans, albeit a small chunk, who’s just not ready to go back to games yet due to Covid. My father has been selling his four tickets all season due to age and health concerns. If it just three or four thousand fans doing that, those tix could be scooped up by opposing fans pretty easily.
My dad has gone to the first two games after skipping out all last year. He's probably a little younger than your dad though because you're so old. Like super-old.

My wife and I will be attending the Houston game and I'll finally be able to break out the tailgate grill I got for Xmas 2019. Get to Von Hansen's early, 'cause we buying that place out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose