WK 6-Arizona Cardinals @ Cleveland Browns Pre Game Thread Oct 11- Oct 16, 2021

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Connor can win this for us, knows the field well and the division, won’t be muddy but close as it gets in today’s NFL, I kind of trust Kyler to make moves, browns defense can’t adjust to-too in the rain, really it’s our offensive lines chance to prove their run blocking, without holding.

our defense really needs to focus on fundamentals, less on getting turnovers for this one, can’t just tackle on 4th down. But they can do it and win the turnover battle.

im excited browns were my team before cards came to AZ

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Richard Rodgers working out. If Dennard is healthy why don't we bring him back?

Brian Poole and Desmond Trufant released by the Saints and Tre Flowers by Seahawks for CB depth.

Notable workouts/visits around the NFL:

#Broncos: WR John Brown
#Seahawks: QB Blake Bortles
#Packers: CB Quinton Dunbar
#Cardinals: TE Richard Rodgers
#Ravens: CB Darqueze Dennard
#Falcons: S Will Parks
#49ers: C Jon Halapio
#Patriots: S Sean Davis

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I watched the Chargers/Browns game last week.

1. Baker Mayfield has adjusted to his bad throws with a change in his mechanics. Baker is back to throwing a high completion percentage.

2. The running backs and OL run blocking are for real on this team. Stopping the run will be a hard job. These two RBs have a very good 1-2 punch.

3. The Browns secondary blows some coverages, and Kyler has to hit the open guys when this occurs. A couple easy TDs were had by the Chargers last week.

4. Stay close all game because the Browns seem to drop games down the stretch at the end. Getting the ball back with the lead and only 3 minutes plus on the clock, with an excellent run game, and the Browns couldn't put the game away. Just don't let this team separate from you score wise, because they can run the score up.

5. The Browns special teams are good. Have to play physical with them and secure tackles.

6. Obviously, we need the defense to play like last week, but we need the first 4 games offense to show up!!

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The duo-threat of Chubb + Hunt is gonna tear this Run D to shreds, unless Vance has some type of game plan. Do we move up Buddha and just drop Jalen back by himself with one safety coverage (not even OBJ + Landry scare me on the deep ball, see Baker's stats this season)... This is the game where Murphy coming back will pay dividends...

We haven't faced a team with TWO solid RBs (you can make the case Hunt is a legit RB1, minus his domestic issues). If the game is close, a smart HC will run the entire 4th to bleed out the clock and tire out our D.

I see this game fairly close (Kyler will be up the challenge against his former OU alum), but I don't see us hanging in there if we can't stop the run.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chandler Jones can be neutered with double teams. Am I reading it correctly?
No. Apparently he hasn’t even reached the average double team rate. I think that means he’s being neutered without all the double teams.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Sure feels like we're limping into this one. K1 banged up. Maxx out. J. Jones struggling on the online. Multiple defense players injured. C. Jones on the Covid list.

Playing a browns team coming off a close loss, so they'll have murder in their eyes on Sunday...

Is ARZ TE Daniels going to be available? At least he has a pulse...

Anybody seen the line on this one? Which way is it moving? I wonder who the sharps are betting on?

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam Rosen is not an analyst.

Sam was not a jinx. If I remember correctly he was doing play by play for every punt return PP21 had early in his career.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I hope the Chargers wore them out last week in that shoot out!!:gun:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would like to see Murray rip the ball through wind and rain. Has there been a memorable Murray's performance in the outdoors as Cardinal?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Heavy wind/rain game. Browns secondary might be dead but the wind will give them plenty of help in coverage. I kinda expect to get blown out unless Kyler goes crazy running the ball. But even then, Im not so sure how well his running style would work in the rain. I feel like he'd probably slip trying to do his crazy cuts/fake out moves.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want practice in fake rain. Kinda that rocket scientist did with Lions a few years ago.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm checking weather @ First Energy stadium for Sunday & it looks clear. Rain on Friday & Saturday. Wind still looks like a problem

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The duo-threat of Chubb + Hunt is gonna tear this Run D to shreds, unless Vance has some type of game plan. Do we move up Buddha and just drop Jalen back by himself with one safety coverage (not even OBJ + Landry scare me on the deep ball, see Baker's stats this season)... This is the game where Murphy coming back will pay dividends...

We haven't faced a team with TWO solid RBs (you can make the case Hunt is a legit RB1, minus his domestic issues). If the game is close, a smart HC will run the entire 4th to bleed out the clock and tire out our D.

I see this game fairly close (Kyler will be up the challenge against his former OU alum), but I don't see us hanging in there if we can't stop the run.

Personally I think the only way you can play the Brown's is to sell out vs the run and take your chances in the air.

Mayfield is good, but not great. He is prone to mistakes. If his none throwing arm isn't great I'd rather he throw it 40 times than hand it off 40 times.

I'd play a 4 man front, 3 backers, Jalen at single high safety and Budda in the box. With Zaven and Simmons speed on the edges and so many bodies in the box it should slot them down.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heavy wind/rain game. Browns secondary might be dead but the wind will give them plenty of help in coverage. I kinda expect to get blown out unless Kyler goes crazy running the ball. But even then, Im not so sure how well his running style would work in the rain. I feel like he'd probably slip trying to do his crazy cuts/fake out moves.

Weather forecast says less than 20% chance of rain now. Still 20mph winds but that's not too bad.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure feels like we're limping into this one. K1 banged up. Maxx out. J. Jones struggling on the online. Multiple defense players injured. C. Jones on the Covid list.

Playing a browns team coming off a close loss, so they'll have murder in their eyes on Sunday...

Is ARZ TE Daniels going to be available? At least he has a pulse...

Anybody seen the line on this one? Which way is it moving? I wonder who the sharps are betting on?
Starting line was Cle -3.0, has moved to -2.5. I expect Cle to be a higher favorite as we get closer to Sunday.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Weather forecast says less than 20% chance of rain now. Still 20mph winds but that's not too bad.
Not bad for running teams.

The Packers/Bengals fiasco was 12 mph winds I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard